Crash to Desktop with MQ2MovUtils plugin loaded

eqrust

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently started playing EQ again and updated my MMOBugs but crash to desktop every time I am about to land in world with eqgame.exe error. I closed MQ2 and could log in without error. I read through the forums for the past two days and have not found a solution for my issue so I apologize if this topic is already covered. Below is a list of things I have done to try and troubleshoot.

1. Updated all drivers, Direct X, Disabled sound card, and uninstall/re-install MMOBugs.
2. Disabled all plugins except the mandatory ones and did not crash. Re-enabled sound card and still no crash.
3. Found MQ2MovUtils causes crash, MQ2MovUtilsb does not.
4. Uninstalled/re-installed MMOBugs again and disabled MQ2MovUtils and logged in fine. Re-enabled sound card and still no crash.
5. Added MQ2MovUtilsb and logged in fine. /Stick command works fine but MQ2Melee won't auto stick even when it's enabled.

My question is does MQ2Melee use commands from both MQ2MovUtils and MQ2MovUtilsb and if so do I need to rename the ini file for b or keep it the same? I would prefer to get the new version of MQ2MoveUtils to work but would be satisfied to just get melee to auto stick as it is needed for the majority of melee macros. I noticed my character ini files do not contain any [MQ2Melee] portions either, even after I save with the plugin in game.

I am running:
Windows 64-bit Vista Ultimate with service pack 2
i7 3.07Ghz CPU
8gb DDR3 ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 video

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your best bet is to post in the problem report thread , filling out the questions asked and emailed debug.dmp to htw.

Thanks, just filled out that info also and sent to file to HTW.

using my psychic powers and clairvoyance passed down through time im gonna say its.....

mq2navigation

the spirits have spoken (let me know)

MQ2Navigation plugin isn't loaded and when I unload all plugins possible (besides MMOBugs, MQ2Main, and MQ2MoveUtils) I still get a crash at the same spot. I unload MQ2MoveUtils and I can log in without issue.

Try deleting the dll file for the plugin and redowloading it. See what happens.

Deleted the dll file and updated, still getting a crash.

I thought it was melee related.

On toons that do not have melee setup i can do a /camp.

On my Rogue and zerker they always Crash to Desktop.

Just a minor inconvenience, I haven't even bothered to report, but if you get a fix for it I would love it too.

It turned out that it was the keybinds portion of my eqclient.ini file. I deleted these lines from eqclient and it loaded without crashing.

KEYMAPPING_AUTORUN_2=148
KEYMAPPING_TARGETNPC_2=18
KEYMAPPING_OPEN_INV_BAGS_1=24
KEYMAPPING_CLOSE_INV_BAGS_1=49
KEYMAPPING_CYCLENPCTARGETS_1=15
KEYMAPPING_TOGGLETARGET_1=52
KEYMAPPING_TARGET_XTARGET_3_1=0
KEYMAPPING_CYCLENPCTARGETS_2=15
KEYMAPPING_STRAFE_LEFT_1=26
KEYMAPPING_STRAFE_RIGHT_1=27

Thanks for posting your solution to the problem. I would not have expected key binds.