Need help setting up.

Otaris

Reaction score
Hi, I resently signed up for the Premium membership and have been having a terrible time getting things to work. For over a year I have been using the Redguide MQ2 with some plugins and had no issues. My group worked fine and I enjoyed my toons. A guild member of mine told me about some of the plugins offered by MMOBugs and they are exactly what I wanted. So I downloaded the installer and then things went bad. First I am not sure where this gets installed. Do I need to uninstall MQ2 before installing MMOBugs?

Reactions: EQDAB
We do need better help on mmobugs instead of thinking advanced users

Ok thank you for the reply. I believe I have it installed correctly. Now the issue I am having is dll files cause my computer to crash. Everything just locks up after 5 minutes or so and I cannot play EQ. After using the loader I get a box saying EQBC Interface.exe needs to be updated. So I click update and it fails saying files in use cannot be updated. I dont think I have a EQBC running yet if I only clicked the loader. After that I am able to log my characters in but to my suprise all my INI files I used on MQ2 are gone. Does this mean I need to recreate all those ini files?

As for the crash which keeps happening here s the info I got...

MacroQuest caught a crash
Version 3.1.00
Location C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll+00000000002CD29

I really do think this is some great software if I can only get it to work as intended.

Last edited:
Hey Otaris,

I am sorry for the issues. There is a problem with the MQNext installer not creating desktop icon which you ran into. A fix is coming for that.

For the crash. I believe this was caused by Macroquest.exe renaming itself to help avoid detection, but MMOLoader doesn't allow it to delete the temporary exe. Close both the MacroQuest and MMOLoader icons down the bottom right of task bar by right clicking icon, and going exit or close. Relaunch MMOLoader, and hopefully it updates properly. You may need to delete the temporary exe from C:\MQNext that that it should state the name of.

You can copy your old ini's from the /config folder, to the new /config folder to transfer settings over.

Otaris, if you are still having problems, can you post screenshots of error messages so they can be dug into.

Last edited:
Here is the error I get when trying to install.
Screenshot 2022-11-16 065105.png