cpp to dll

datsyuk13

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hello everyone I was hoping if anyone could give me and anyone else that may need in the future a little guide step by step on how to compile a CPP file
(SOURCE CODE) into a DLL using C++ Visual 2008 Express! The easier the better! Thankyou very much !!!

Still need help at this a guide would be nice for 1 file to 1 file, I'm not looking to compile an entire mmobugs type release file!

Thankyou!

Let's keep it nice, if you can help and wish to, do so. MMOBugs.com is a website that supports people of all knowledge types, so let's not criticise someone for not knowing something.

This is really all you need.

http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MacroQuest2:Compiling

You'll more than likely need to install the SDK's listed under Visual C++ 2005 Express or you'll get errors.

Then open MacroQuest2.sln in Visual Studios, compile it. When you get an error, google the error. Repeat a few times until you figure out everything your missing.

Once that's compiled, you can compile plugins. You must compile MQ2Main before compiling any additional plugins, which MacroQuest2.sln will do.

Still need help at this a guide would be nice for 1 file to 1 file, I'm not looking to compile an entire mmobugs type release file!

To address this more directly -- you need to compile the "core" of the program's plugins before you can just add a single one on. Because of how much of the program requires pieces from other plugins (a gross simplification, but whatever), there's no way to just do one -- it's all, or nothing.

Now, if I had to guess, I'd say that you found the source code to a sweet hack plugin that you don't want to send to someone else to compile for you. If this is so, I recommend caution. Due to changes in the game a couple years back, many of the old source code files for plugins stopped working in their then-current forms. Anything that sends packets requires an extra bit of code that I would be very willing to bet that you did *not* find the source for. Without the extra code, you'll get banned for even two or three uses of a packet plugin.

If I'm wrong, and you're just trying to compile something you found on MQ2 VIP...I apologize. But the warning had to be put out there!

DT he is a friend of mine and we were just joking a bit. The compile he is trying to get is the mq2netheal in the modbot section that allows him to heal a merc via the modbot script. I had to run off to work and was trying to get him set up in vent.

Gotchya, sorry for the deletion then. Just want to make sure everyone is treated fairly :)

Because you cater to all experiences and walks of life?