Computer question

Aquaplex

Reaction score
So my pc is a bit dated (2010 or there abouts) but it's a intel i7 with 16GB of ram and a semi decent 2GB vid card. I can launch 8 instances of EQ (currently 8 boxing cause of my pc) but i see that my CPU utilization is already close to 100% with 8 EQ.exe's running. When i try to launch 9th eq.exe things get really choppy in game and the game takes a long time to load on that 9th account, yet i see people who have like 24 eq.exe windows opened and they only have cpu utilization in the 50's?? Is that strictly because they have far superior processor or are there game or cpu settings that i'm not aware of?

I have been thinking about upgrading my computer but before i make a decision would want to know if i'm strictly not missing a setting somewheres.

You want either WinEQ2 or MQ2FPS to limit the rendering of background EQ instances. You can also adjust this in game via the options -> advanced options -> max Background FPS.

All the MQ2 plugins and macros are executed every time the game is goes to draw a frame. Drop the frame rate too low and characters fail to respond. Run them too fast and you get CPU limited.

Ideally use MQ2FPS to only display 1 out of 20-30 frames. This keeps your frame rate high for MQ, but really cuts down on the number of actual frames drawn, so you can load a lot more characters.

Here is my MQ2FPS.INI file
-------------------------------
[MQ2FPS]
ForegroundMaxFPS=45
BackgroundMaxFPS=45
Indicator=1
Mode=1
[Rendering]
XBGRate=30
XReverseBGRate=0
XFGRate=1
XReverseFGRate=0
BGRate=60
ReverseBGRate=0

[MQ2FPS]
ForegroundMaxFPS=45
BackgroundMaxFPS=45
Indicator=1
Mode=1
[Rendering]
XBGRate=30
XReverseBGRate=0
XFGRate=1
XReverseFGRate=0
BGRate=60
ReverseBGRate=0
I have been remiss in looking into how your MQ2CPULoad works, but do you think he would benefit from using it?

htw

[MQ2FPS]
ForegroundMaxFPS=45
BackgroundMaxFPS=45
Indicator=1
Mode=1
[Rendering]
XBGRate=30
XReverseBGRate=0
XFGRate=1
XReverseFGRate=0
BGRate=60
ReverseBGRate=0

Will this effect performance of mq2 on background windowed toons, since the fps is like 1 or something on the background guys?

I have been remiss in looking into how your MQ2CPULoad works, but do you think he would benefit from using it?
htw

All MQ2CPULoad does is move EQ instances between CPU cores so that the EQ instance with focus is on the least loaded CPU core. You still need to use MQ2FPS to limit rendering stuff you aren't going to see.

I wrote MQ2CPULoad when I was 6 boxing on a Q6600 quad core and wanted to make sure which ever character had focus was preforming well.

Will this effect performance of mq2 on background windowed toons, since the fps is like 1 or something on the background guys?

You should see a huge improvement. Give it a try.

You should see a huge improvement. Give it a try.

Thank You Dewey, i loaded mq2fps and copied your ini settings and things are running at much lower cpu utilization now with 8 games running so far. Now i just need to get used to the non-active screens having super low fps lol but at least i got this issue resolved!