cleric merc or cleric bot?

prado1586

Reaction score
whats better? have a 105 cleric and curious if i should start boting that or continuing to use cleric merc. any thoughts or ideas about either?

I was able to use a merc till this last expansion then the merc wouldnt keep up with some of the mobs. In saying that though I never did any progression so I get the worst of the auras and dots. Iam also group geared so if the tank happens to be a raider probably not as bad. I will say having a cleric with Divine Intervention has made a world of difference in ros

And /bot on the cleric bot is set to fire all the group aa’s? If so I would say it may be worth it to get cleric bot in group

Any reasons as to why? Bot knows when to fire quick heal and group heal type thing? Let me pick your brain :)

Cleric merc is easy and does ok for somethings but once you get used to having a real cleric running a good macro/bot you'll find they are better. Have more mana, and can cast spells the merc can't.

The cleric BOT requires more upfront work though. If you have no idea how to play/configure one you'll want to get the spell gem list from someone.

upfront work meaning? knowing what spell sets to have up and when? or need to make that main box and focus on that type thing

upfront work meaning? knowing what spell sets to have up and when? or need to make that main box and focus on that type thing

Meaning you have to level the cleric up, get AA's, gear, etc.

Can't just do the T5 quest and pop em out.

It also helps to know what spells the cleric should have loaded. About a year ago I broke down and read through some of my guild "how to raid as a cleric" post and it make a huge difference just changing out which spells I was using.