Classic MM Nerf / Discussion

Just did Nagafen's Lair and couldnt open the chest no matter what. Only had 1 in zone. I didnt kill the wandering imp near Djarn tho. about to go see if thats what you need.

EDIT: Thats what you need

Last edited:
whats the bought items looking like so far? i bought a silvery war axe one hander.... 900ish hp'
74 damage
25 or 24 delay or something or the other

the bought items will look the same intil oct. 7th then all raid items we got from mm's raid and bought from old man will be zored out with no stats and renamed from what i read. but that could change again before oct. 7th

Last edited:
yea thats what I got out of it too. and then we will beable to sell them back for full value, and get s special item to go along with it...

anyone know if you need 12 crystallos beaten toons to open up the chest, or just to get the new loots once thats done?

It was already stated that you had to kill just about everything to open the chest.

They made every single change in the benefit of raiders, in every way possible.

I'll say it again. Nonraiders will end up with 0 items, be them nerfed or non nerfed. You will have nothing.

heh I got news for you. There are a lot of raiders who don't have Crystallos completed. You know how it goes in EQ with a lot of folks: if your guild hasn't completed an expansion by the time the next one drops, you jump to the next one higher who's starting in on the new expansion. But there are no guarantees that they're going to go back to Crystallos to walk you through flagging (they've probably been doing that for the better part of a year, after all). So there are a lot of folks who have done SoD up to Brekt but don't have much of anything from SoF.

But yeah, I didn't expect they'd completely destroy what folks already had.

From SoE boards

Reposted from Necrotalk.com:

Here are the test patch message notes that include how Ancient Heroes was and wasn't changed.

The requirement to see the raid gear and purchase it, is currently. Completed 7 different raids from Solteris up (not including Queen Malarian, and Stop the Ascencion normal modes (hard modes count)).

So If you have done 3 solteris raids 1 MMM raid 1 Crystallos Raid, 1 Queen Malarian (hard mode), and 1 Korascian Warrens raid (or any other combo of 7 raids completed) you can request a raid from Mckensie and recieve the flag to see the raid gear (if you have already raided Naggy and Vox raids he gives, if not you will not only have to request them, but complete them in order to unlock the gear).

*** Classic Missions ***

Fixed an issue that caused the task to end when players were added or removed from the task.
Fixed an issue that caused players to be able to use AAs in the monster mission that the shrouds were not intended to have.
Fixed an issue that caused players that were dead and in hover mode to sometimes not receive rewards when the chest was opened at the end of the mission.

*** Misc ***

Fixed a bug that was causing chat messages sent to your guild to sometimes be lost.
Fixed a problem with sound effects stacking that caused many sounds to play incorrectly.

*** Changed Files ***

EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml - new dragitems.

EQUI_CharacterListWnd.xml - minor layout fixes.
EQUI_Templates.xml - Expansion related stuff.

Design Notes

*** Highlights ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews.
Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.
New Hot Zones are now available. Speak to Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge to see what new tasks he has in store for you.

*** Items ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews and an additional reward.
Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.

The new Orb of Tishan's click effect has been repaired.
The Frost-Strung Bow now offers a bit more protection.
Replaced the missing AC from the new Thick Banded Belt.
Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch can not be activated as often.
The new Staff of Forbidden Rites has had its recast time raised.
The Barbarian Hunting Spear, Staff of Forbidden Rites, Warhammer of Divine Grace, and Staff of Ankexfen have had their ratios increased to match other weapons in their tier.

The familiar summoned by the new Scimitar of the Mistwalker has become faster but weaker. The scimitar itself has become slightly less powerful.

The Improved Dodge effect on the Idol of Many Hands, the Silvery Trinket, and the Frost-Strung Bow has been reduced to level VI to match the focus on other items in its tier.

*** Quests & Events ***

Classic Missions have undergone a careful bug fixing pass resulting in the following changes:
Harm Touch has been changed to remove an exploit allowing the use of unintended higher level versions of the ability. In addition, the ability will no longer refresh upon the death of the Shadow Knight. This affects the Classic Mission ability as well as the normal version of the ability.
Paladins should now be able to create a Lay On Hands hotkey.
Shaman have been granted the haste spell Alacrity.
Lady Vox will now leash to her spawn point should she find herself outside of her room. This has been changed to provide an encounter more in the spirit of the event.
The classic raids will once again drop items instead of brews.
Old Man McKenzie no longer remembers encountering the Corrupted Gnome Explorer in Guk.
Old Man McKenzie's group tasks now require a minimum of three adventurers to obtain and all three must be present to open the chests. The raid events will still require 12.
Sulgar now promises the correct reward for Tarton's Wheel.
Fixed some spelling errors in Blackfeather Roost tasks.
The Dark Tower: Fallen Guard task now specifies the correct zone in its description.

*** NPC ***

Modified the placement of some Rallosian Shocktroopers in Korascian Warrens.
Increased the chance for Library Director Eslisar to spawn in the Keasora Library.
Fixed a placement problem with an Elder Air Wyvern in Crystallos.

*** AA ***

Glyph of Angry Thoughts should now always give you the full hate bonus as described.
Harm Touch 1 - 10 will no longer refresh upon the death of the Shadow Knight. This is to make the ability consistent throughout the entire level range.

*** Zones ***

The following zones are now Hot Zones providing new challenges and increased experience. Speak to Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge to see what new tasks he has in store for you.

Level 20 - South Karana
Level 25 - Lake of Ill Omen
Level 30 - The Twilight Sea
Level 35 - Kedge Keep
Level 40 - City of Mist
Level 45 - Howling Stones
Level 50 - Veksar
Level 55 - Grieg's End
Level 60 - Plane of Nightmares
Level 65 - Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds
Level 70 - The Buried Sea
Level 75 - Thalassius, the Coral Keep
Level 75 - Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale
Apparently while performing some end-of-the-summer cleaning, the doors within Howling Stones were left unlocked. It may be some time before a maintenance crew can be sent there again to lock the doors up tight. Use this knowledge as you will.
In addition, the spells protecting the entrance to Howling Stones have weakened, and adventurers of lesser skill and strength may find its halls now accessible.

*** Miscellaneous ***

If you obtain any McKenzie's Special Brew while you are in a classic mission, be sure to use the Reclaim button on the currency tab of your inventory before leaving the zone!

*** Previously Updated ***

Both the classic raid tasks and the zones they take place in have been set to their intended maximum of 42 players.
Removed the ability for mercenaries to accompany you on Ancient Heroes missions. It seems that they don't much like being taken to a time when adventurers didn't carry coin around.
The chests in the "classic" missions offered by Old Man McKenzie will now hang around a while longer once opened.

I heard the group gear was being bumped to over 600 hitpoints, mana endurance. Not sure about AC and herorics. I just sold a bunch of it on my SK thinking the gear was gonna stay the same. Was already nice upgrades as is, but I am after augs and I just see too many rot calls with items in the 600hp range on my server. However, I have so many characters to gear up, that if I woulda known this in advance, I would distributed the gear differently between my characters. Still will come out with the toughest tank I can have bar buying one lol, so it'll benefit me regardless.

DAMN IT!!

*** Miscellaneous ***

If you obtain any McKenzie's Special Brew while you are in a classic mission, be sure to use the Reclaim button on the currency tab of your inventory before leaving the zone!

*** Previously Updated ***

I was wondering where the brews I got on the last raid went. I thought they made it so it distibuted evenly to all in raid ( I wasn't tracking em too clasly), but looks like the last 60 brews I got in the raids went poof.

Should I petition? I didn't use any MQ2 at all. Only thing I did was the SK harmtouch.

Yes petition it, they have a way to see what you earned and will reimburse you.

Will they also see that I killed everything using harmtouch over and over?

Are people still able to use MQ2 to beat Solteris? What's the risk level these days? If anyone here can do it on Mayong, please message me. I'll pay decently to get a few toons flagged for the seven events that it takes for the new raid gear to be unlocked.

From what i see by this "3 solteris raids 1 MMM raid 1 Crystallos Raid, 1 Queen Malarian (hard mode), and 1 Korascian Warrens raid (or any other combo of 7 raids completed) you can request a raid" Only the "raidleader!" needs to have the raid unlocks.. as only to request.. dont say the full raid needs to be flagged thru this..

From what i see by this "3 solteris raids 1 MMM raid 1 Crystallos Raid, 1 Queen Malarian (hard mode), and 1 Korascian Warrens raid (or any other combo of 7 raids completed) you can request a raid" Only the "raidleader!" needs to have the raid unlocks.. as only to request.. dont say the full raid needs to be flagged thru this..

You yourself have to have completed the raids

IE: You have to be in the task when the mobs drop and the task updates

Just like almost every other raid event, really. Surprised?

Aye true, only the raidleader would need the "7 lockouts" to request the MM raids... However, it states that you will not be able to zone in, or loot from the chest without the required 7 lockouts... the easiest probably being solteris 1-7.

We as a guild are flagging for this already on Mayong. 80% are upto flagging missions 6/7/8 after 3 days. :)

krugerr-

when does your guild raid on Mayong?

Euro guild, 7pm BST ( its 3pm right now!) ... monday, weds and saturdays.