Question Can I copy my mmobugs folder to another computer?

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
Can I copy my mmobugs folder to another computer without having issues?

Or do I need to run the .exe file and install a clean folder?

Mainly want to avoid redoing all my settings.

So I copied over everything and everything seems to be working except I can't get mq2autologin to work.

I am using Wineq2, and was using it on the previous computer as well and it was working just fine with it, but now it doesn't seem to want to launch any EQ session using mq2autologin. Plugin is loaded, and I haven't changed any settings

Any ideas?

So I copied over everything and everything seems to be working except I can't get mq2autologin to work.

I am using Wineq2, and was using it on the previous computer as well and it was working just fine with it, but now it doesn't seem to want to launch any EQ session using mq2autologin. Plugin is loaded, and I haven't changed any settings

Any ideas?

If you're using the new autologin it wont work just copying it over like that as it uses your hardware id to encrypt the information in the ini. Im not sure about the mmobugs version but there should be a way on the original Computer to export all the profiles.

Using the old mq2autologin plugin, not the recent program that was added this year.

I'd use the new one, but it doesn't work with wineq2 :(

I actually run mine on a dropbox folder to all my gaming computers, so it's always set up exactly the same whereever I play

Using the old mq2autologin plugin, not the recent program that was added this year.

I'd use the new one, but it doesn't work with wineq2 :(

Try editing MQ2AutoLogin.ini and correcting the ini path.

I should have mentioned I looked at this as well. The path is identical on both computers.

IniLocation=C:\MacroQuest2\MQ2AutoLogin.ini

Really baffled as to why it wouldn't work.

I actually run mine on a dropbox folder to all my gaming computers, so it's always set up exactly the same whereever I play

Wow, your mq2folder is on the dropbox cloud? Are there bandwidth issues? Not in terms of download, but uploading when file changes occur in real time.

Last edited:
Wow, your mq2folder is on the dropbox cloud? Are there bandwidth issues? Not in terms of download, but uploading when file changes occur in real time.

I also run mine on dropbox. The only issue I encouter is an occasional issue with the log files being updated because the file is in use and can't be accessed. Beyond that most files don't upload unless they are changed, thus do not conflict.

It's unlikely anything else would be getting changed very often, and if it is it's being written to and not read from until the <1kb of data is uploaded.

I'm actually quite surprised it injected at all on that system without the redist. :confused:

is Dropbox easy to setup/use with eq?

Yeah, just install it directly into the Dropbox folder.

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox!

if you sign up with that link I get more space for free.

Once you've signed up for a free dropbox account, install it on your computer.

Then in your windows tray you'll find the dropbox application's icon, right click on it, which brings up a context menu. In the top right of that context menu will be some icons, left click on the one that looks like a folder to open the dropbox folder. Get the folder's path, it should look like C:\Users\Jesse\Desktop\MQ2\Release\Dropbox

Obviously you can replace the actual path for the path to your box.

Now inside of the dropbox folder install your EQ installation.

Dropbox automatically uploads all of your files to your dropbox account. Including any INI's that get changed, new macros you install, or those dirty pictures you're hiding from your wife.

Once it's done uploading you can now get them from another computer connected to the same dropbox. Simply install the application on as many other computers as you like, wait for it to download the uploaded file, then launch MQ2 from there. It's cake.

You can even right click on folders or files and select "Copy dropbox link" to do things like share your 2gigs of navmesh files.

Dropbox - MQ2Nav - Simplify your life
like that :)

Last edited:
When you say install your eq installation, could I just copy the folder over, or do I have to run the Eqlauncher from within Dropbox?

p.s thank you for explaining it

When you say install your eq installation, could I just copy the folder over, or do I have to run the Eqlauncher from within Dropbox?

My fault. I mean MQ2 installation. I store my MQ2 in the dropbox, not EQ :-x

Is possible, Chat?

Damn, I'd rather keep/store EQ (11+ GB monster) on Dropbox. MMOBugs (1.2 BG) is small-fry by comparison. Plus probably another 2-3 GB in EQ/MQ2 related reference files & misc. etc.

NM, I thought you were actually running from Dropbox. But your just using it as your always current configuration for MMOBugs MQ2. So since your using this to operate from multi computers, my question is; Does MMOBugs have any trouble with this?

Or are multi-computers/locations on the same sub now OK? Probably this is more for boxers actually using multi-computers in the same location to simplify configuration & changes. Thereby not bothering Bugs' subscription.

Last edited:

Damn, I'd rather keep/store EQ (11+ GB monster) on Dropbox. MMOBugs (1.2 BG) is small-fry by comparison. Plus probably another 2-3 GB in EQ/MQ2 related reference files & misc. etc.

NM, I thought you were actually running from Dropbox. But your just using it as your always current configuration for MMOBugs MQ2. So since your using this to operate from multi computers, my question is; Does MMOBugs have any trouble with this?

Or are multi-computers/locations on the same sub now OK? Probably this is more for boxers actually using multi-computers in the same location to simplify configuration & changes. Thereby not bothering Bugs' subscription.

Multiple computers on the same network were always ok, IE: I have two computers in my house both connected to a single router is okay. However using the same account in multiple locations on different internet connections is not. IE: Have MMOBugs loaded at work and at home would be considered multiple IP's accessing the same account and would be flagged as such.

For dropbox you're looking at a paid service to store the entire EQ directly inside of it because a free dropbox account is limited to two gigs without additional free space being added (IE: You refer other people which gains you more free space like mine which it at around 8gigs of space).

So while it is possible to use dropbox to mirror your setup from one computer to another it would require a paid service without a lot of referrals.

Thank you

Thanks Chat, I really didn't worry about limited size. I got a 20GB deal from Dropbox with this Asus laptop (haven't used it yet, probably only free for limited time, then boom). So, another excellent reply to another silly question of mine.