Boomerang Brawl

Great macro - and simple :) thanks..

One (in hindsight obvious) sense check for anyone using it - the characters have to be in the order

name1 = blue team
name2 = yellow team
name3 = red team

First time round it took me a minute to figure that they were beating up on the wrong people / with the wrong boomerangs.

One question - it's the first time I've used EQBC. Was simple enough to set up and install as per the wiki instruction, but I'm finding it's intermittent on the service. My <name1> char is getting all his hits and MQ2 window shows the calls to the other chars. But they're sometime's not receiving the message - one time it all came through after I'd finished and zoned out. Are there any settings on the EQBC server I need to play with to correct this?

Thanks

The first thing I thought of when I entered this task was trying to automate it. I noticed the red mobs always con red, the yellow mobs always con yellow, and the blue mobs always con blue.

I put together some hotkeys and tried them out, there are some issues with the keys targeting and clearing targets too fast, throwing the wrong boomerang (spam clicking ftw!), and picking up targets out of range.

Maybe the targeting code can help someone...

Code:
|----Red Mob Hotkey-----------------------------------

/target npc radius 125
/if (${Target.Level}>85 && <87) /cast item "Yellow Boomerang"
/if (${Target.Level}<85) /cast item "Blue Boomerang"
/if (${Target.Level}>87) /target clear

|----Yellow Mob Hotkey--------------------------------

/target npc radius 125
/if (${Target.Level}>85 && <87) /target clear
/if (${Target.Level}<85) /cast item "Blue Boomerang"
/if (${Target.Level}>87) /cast item "Red Boomerang"

|----Blue Mob Hotkey----------------------------------

/target npc radius 125
/if (${Target.Level}>85 && <87) /cast item "Yellow Boomerang"
/if (${Target.Level}<85) /target clear
/if (${Target.Level}>87) /cast item "Red Boomerang"

The keys were designed so if you're the blue mob, you click the blue hotkey. As PC's are always level 85 in the instance, and mobs >85 and < 87 will con yellow, and get a yellow boomerang thrown at them, and blue con mobs will be ignored, and red con mobs will have a red boomerang thrown at them.

The first thing I thought of when I entered this task was trying to automate it. I noticed the red mobs always con red, the yellow mobs always con yellow, and the blue mobs always con blue.

Thanks, I had never noticed that before. So when I was in there several times last night, I noted that the mobs were always:

Red - Level 89
Yellow - Level 86
Blue - Level 84

Additionally, they were all shaman class.

Last edited:
Anyone been using warrene's macro? I would love to give that a go but Im alittle worried about being oor of the other mobs in there and being decected. there is always a chance when using MQ but i dont like take to many unnessessary risks. Would never getting hit by zone mobs toss up a red flag ya think?

single run w/ 2 others?

Can you run this as a macro on just one toon, and have two others logged on/in instance? Or need to have all three 'participating'?
~thanks

All 3 have to be in zone, need all three names selected to enter zone then task ends in 2 min if all 3 required are not in zone. I use a pretty simple mac if there're others in zone, pretty much guarentees a win as long as you don't run into too many barrels. (Have to be playing as blue team, and ignores pc players)

Code:
#turbo

Sub Main
:loop
/tar id ${NearestSpawn[1, range 86 90].ID}
/if (${Target.Level} > 88) /casting "Red Boomerang"
/if (${Target.Level} > 85 && ${Target.Level} < 88) /casting "Yellow Boomerang"
/goto :loop

avoiding barrels?

Beyond just watching where you are running...is there coding or something that could be tacked on to avoid the barrels?
~thanks

little one

Code:
|86 Yellow 43562
|89 Red 43561
|84 blue 43560

#turbo 40

#event Ended "#*#The results of the contest are as follows#*#"
#event stun  "#*#You are stunned!#*#"
#event fair  "#*#Play Fair#*#"
#event another  "#*#Your target is immune to the stun portion of this effect!#*#"

Sub Main
/plugin mq2melee
/plugin mq2cast
/plugin mq2moveutils
   /declare person1 string outer ${Param0}
   /declare person2 string outer ${Param1}
   /call CheckEvents
   /call TargetLoop
/return

Sub TargetLoop
:Targetloop
                /target ${person1}
	        /stick
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43560"|item
                /casting "43561"|item
                /casting "43562"|item
                /stick
                /stand
		/target 89 Contestant radius 270 
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43561"|item
	        /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
		/target 89 Enforcer radius 250 
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43561"|item
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
		/target 86 Contestant radius 250 
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43562"|item
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /target ${person2}
	        /stick
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43560"|item
                /casting "43561"|item
                /casting "43562"|item

/stick
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
		/target 86 Enforcer radius 270 
                /stick
   /call CheckEvents
                /delay 10
   /call CheckEvents
/stand
                /casting "43562"|item
/goto :targetloop

Sub CheckEvents
   /delay 1
   /doevents
/return

Sub Event_Ended
	/echo Game Over
        /plugin mq2melee unload
	/endmac
/return

Sub Event_stun
       /stand
       /delay 20
/return

Sub Event_Fair
       /call TargetLoop
/return

Sub Event_another
      /call Targetloop
/return

works like 95% of the time.

I'm lazy so I just made 3, blue/yellow/red (gotta edit this one currently set for blue) /mac blue name1 name2 for 3 boxing, have gotten first/second/third 4x in a row now.

I'm lazy so I just made 3, blue/yellow/red (gotta edit this one currently set for blue) /mac blue name1 name2 for 3 boxing, have gotten first/second/third 4x in a row now.

I'm assuming this uses EQBC, right? So we copy the code, make it a macro, launch EQBC, then on all 3 toons type "/mac macroname name1 name 2 name3"?

Or does this macro not require EQBC?

Thanks, just used it once, but I liked that the characters actually run around and "play" the game against the NPC's instead of zwarping out of reach and scroing off each other. My "blue" character had first place on lock down, but my other two characters were last. They both seemed to run into barrels too many times. Probably just bad luck and it was only one time.

I regret not trying it sooner, but to my post above asking if it needed EQBC, it does not. I ran it on two toons and the one i wanted to win on I just did it myself and got twice as much as the macro was getting.

For it to work correctly you need to edit it, then make 3 different macros, blue/red/yellow..

It's pretty simple, can use tweaks but overall it's just a dummed down macro ;P

For it to work correctly you need to edit it, then make 3 different macros, blue/red/yellow..

It's pretty simple, can use tweaks but overall it's just a dummed down macro ;P

Ahhh, ok. Not a programmer, but looking at it, would all I need to change to make it for red and yellow are the NPC level numbers ( 86=Yellow, 89=Red and 84=blue) after the /targets to match with their colours? Or was there more?

Ahhh, ok. Not a programmer, but looking at it, would all I need to change to make it for red and yellow are the NPC level numbers ( 86=Yellow, 89=Red and 84=blue) after the /targets to match with their colours? Or was there more?

Anything that changes relative to which mob version you are playing needs to be changed. In this case I believe this only includes the mobs you are targeting (as you said), and the correct boomerangs to throw at them.

using lamobard's mac my blue always gets first place, but my red and yellow usuually down in bottom 4 or 5.

i get the same thing, blue gets first *usually* red and yellow do considerably worse... if only there was a way to make the macro avoid the barrels then i think the scores would be much better

had 3 runs in a row with the toons all dying and not getting anything from it.

any code that would track the number of points by it saying scored a point and ending the macro around 50 points or so because the npc don't score over 28 29 points it seems...I tryed one macro on this page and winning with 79 or 93 points is kinda crazy and maybe trackable...