Boomerang Brawl

Thanks Casca,
Edit: Know whats odd now, there seems to be a stalker in my missions. Only has happened on the same character lol but when I am blue a red enforcer always comes after just me. I run across the room, he follows me. Starting to piss me off rofl. Oh and it always scores 70 or better.

This guy started appearing in all my missions right after I ran jodwop's macro one time. The macro didn't work for me so I only used it once. I am going to relog all my toons and hope that resets things so he won't appear anymore.

I'm useing jodwop mac but it wont end or kill task does any 1 know why and how to fix it ?

Been 3 weeks, but just in case you haven't found a fix yet. You need to add a /doevents in the :start loop somewhere.

Here the slightly moded verison of jodwop's mac that I am using:
Code:
| You need both MQ2Cast, and MQ2EQBC loaded to use this macro.
| You also need MQ2EQBCS.exe running (search MMO's forums if you need help)
| Syntax: /macro boomerang Toon1 Toon2 Toon3
#event Ended "#*#The results of the contest are as follows#*#"

Sub main
  /declare charName[3] string outer
  /declare spellName[3] string outer
  /declare activePlayer int outer 1
  /declare totalHits int outer 0
  /declare i int local 
  /declare j int local 6

/varset spellName[1] "Blue Boomerang"
  /varset spellName[2] "Yellow Boomerang"
  /varset spellName[3] "Red Boomerang"

/varset charName[1] ${Param0}
  /varset charName[2] ${Param1}
  /varset charName[3] ${Param2}

/echo Players:
  /echo -------------------
  /echo ${charName[1]}
  /echo ${charName[2]}
  /echo ${charName[3]}
  /echo Spells:
  /echo ${spellName[1]}
  /echo ${spellName[2]}
  /echo ${spellName[3]}
  /echo active player = ${activePlayer}
  /bcaa //setgrav 0
  /delay 1s
  /bcaa //warp loc 0 0 500
  /delay 1s
  /target gilbot
  /delay 1s
  /bct ${charName[1]} //sayTarget start

:start
  [B]/doevents[/B]
  /for i 1 to 3
    /if (${activePlayer} != ${i}) {
      /bct ${charName[${activePlayer}]} //target ${charName[${i}]}
      /bct ${charName[${activePlayer}]} //casting ${spellName[${i}]}
      /delay ${j}s
      /varcalc totalHits ${totalHits} + 1
    }
  /next i

/if (${totalHits} == 40) {
    /varset activePlayer 2
    /echo activePlayer = ${activePlayer}
  }
  /if (${totalHits} == 78) {
    /varset activePlayer 3
    /echo activePlayer = ${activePlayer}
  }
  /goto :start

Sub Event_Ended
  /echo Game Over
  /bcaa //taskquit
  /bct ${charName[2]} //mac waiting
  /end
/return

And in case you were wondering what "/bct ${charName[2]} //mac waiting" is about...

Code:
| Waiting...

#event gasp "#*#You do not currently have#*#"

Sub main

/echo Waiting...
  /echo and waiting...

:start
  /tasktime
  /delay .5s
  /doevents
  /echo and waiting....
  /delay 1m
  /goto :start

Sub Event_gasp

/beep
  /beep
  /beep
  /beep
  /beep

/echo BEEEP!
  /end
  /return

Very simple and effective, but obviously doesn't work if you don't have sound, or have other (longer) lockout timers.

Last edited:
Im one of the worst people when it comes to computers and all of this stuff!! but im interested in a macro that i could use to come in 1, 2, 3 in this event when 3 boxing. i saw a post about it but no (macro link) b/c thats pretty much all i know how to run or use! any help or a PM with a DL link would be pretty sweet. thanks

I'm using Hotwiz's new fix, and i've got the eqbc running and connected to the server and all that

nice script!, its working very nicely!

Last edited:
seems like im in there for ages and when i check task timer it says like an 8 hr countdown or something :/
1st toon comes in 1st place
2nd toon in 2nd place
3rd toon too far to list
also even though i placed 1st three times got nothing (apparantly full bags may be to blame) now cant retrieve the tokens

Last edited:
ok i get 1st place and 2nd place on either toon 1 or toon 2 and toon 3 usually 13th or worse is that about normal?

seems like im in there for ages and when i check task timer it says like an 8 hr countdown or something :/
1st toon comes in 1st place
2nd toon in 2nd place
3rd toon too far to list
also even though i placed 1st three times got nothing (apparantly full bags may be to blame) now cant retrieve the tokens

Check your system clock, that used to play hell with combat timers. Also your tokens should have ended up in your bank somewhere if your inventory was full.

As far as Toon placement, I end up with the same thing quite often its actually Red 1st blue second yellow way down the list. The yellow seems to be a problem targeting but I havent been able to find the root of the problem, the yellow mac is just as sound as the others as far as coding goes.

Last edited:
i get toon 1 to get the task
/mac (macro) (toonname 1) (tooname2) etc

i would think toon 1 would come in 1st every time at the very least
but what i get is toon 1 is always 2nd and toon2 is comes in 1st place

what can i do so that i make sure a particular toon is the one to come in 1st most often or always if possible?

i get toon 1 to get the task
/mac (macro) (toonname 1) (tooname2) etc

i would think toon 1 would come in 1st every time at the very least
but what i get is toon 1 is always 2nd and toon2 is comes in 1st place

what can i do so that i make sure a particular toon is the one to come in 1st most often or always if possible?

1. Which ever toon you want to always come in first needs to select the SECOND monster template and is listed second in the "/mac boomerang (Toon1-1stMonsterTemplate) (Toon2-2ndMonsterTemplate) (Toon3-3rdMonsterTemplate).

2. Which ever toon selects the first monster template runs the mac and is listed first in the toon list for the /mac command. That toon should always end up second.

3. Whichever toon selects the third monster template will alway score low and is listed last in the /mac command.

So the order of monster selection (guessing arena color) sets who places first/second/third and who runs the mac.

So to recap:

Monster template one (comes in second, runs the mac, is first toon in list)
Monster template two (comes in first, is second toon in list)
Monster template three (comes in low, is third toon in list)

I believe the low scoring is because they added in the point loss from hits I think, not sure.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO HAVE TWO(2) EMPTY BAG SLOTS FOR THE GOLD AND SILVER REWARDS

Last edited:
To all boomerangers:

When kicked from task MOVE so I don't have to hassle with clicking through your toons LOL!

I tried breaking it apart per toon but no success so far.

Last edited:
How hard would it be to adapt this macro to focus on just one toon, without using EQBCS? Also with the ability to edit the name based on which character you are using. For example, i box three at a time so would it be possible to run this mac on each one seperately, for the three required toons in the boomers mission? That way they could each just do their own thing till it ends, at which time the mac would end too.