Boomerang Brawl

Tempest

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi guys, trying to get together a mac for boxers so you can try and get a bit better then dead last on Boomerang Brawl so looking for some help to get the targeting right as I am not too sure how to use Target.ID, which I believe might be the best way to target theh correct mobs.

This Mac assumes you are already in the task, and in the middle of the arena and have selected the Blue Mob as your Monster.

Any ideas how to get Targeting right?

Any ideas of how to improve it?

Code:
#event Ended "#*#The results of the contest are as follows#*#"

Sub Main
/plugin mq2cast
/call GetTarget

Sub GetTarget
/delay 1s
/keypress esc
	:TargetLoop
	/doevents
		/if  (!${Target.ID}) /tar npc radius 100
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4976]}) {
		/call AttackRed
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4972]}) {
		/call AttackRed
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4980]}) {
		/call AttackRed
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4958]}) {
		/call AttackYellow
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4968]}) {
		/call AttackYellow
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4964]}) {
		/call AttackYellow
		}
		/if  (${Target.ID.Equal[4962]}) {
		/call AttackYellow
		}
	/goto :TargetLoop
/return

Sub AttackRed
  /stand
  /casting "Red Boomerang"|item
  /delay 1s
/call GetTarget

Sub AttackYellow
  /stand
  /casting "Yellow Boomerang"|item
  /delay 1s
/call GetTarget

Sub Event_Ended
	/echo Game Over
	/end
/return

Target.ID is an int, not a string, so you don't want to use .Equal.

Instead, do like: /if (${Target.ID} == 4968)

htw

Bah! They change Target IDs each round...

Managed to get 9 Points with this first go, so at least my Box's got some silver :)

**Edit: Oh yeah and thanks so much for the help HTW.

Code:
#turbo 40

#event Ended "#*#The results of the contest are as follows#*#"

Sub Main
/plugin mq2cast
/delay 1s
/plugin mq2moveutils
/delay 1s
/call GetTarget

Sub GetTarget
:TargetLoop
	/keypress esc
	/stand
	/doevents
		/if  (!${Target.ID}) /tar npc Gnoll radius 50
		/if  (!${Target.ID}) /tar npc Kobold radius 50
/stand
  /casting "Red Boomerang"|item
  /delay 1s
/stand
  /casting "Yellow Boomerang"|item
  /delay 1s
/stand
  /casting "Blue Boomerang"|item
  /delay 1s
/goto :TargetLoop

Sub Event_Ended
	/echo Game Over
	/end
/return

Last edited:
Yep run a few times now with my main being controlled by me and 2 boxes on this mac, getting between 6-8 points each, so enough to get 10-14 Silver normally rather then 0... Not much, but better then nothing!

Another version that uses EQBC

Before they cut off general access, I whipped up a macro that uses EQBC. I box three toons, so we're the three required toons. I pass the three toon names as parameters when I initiate the macro on one of the boxes. The three toons setgrav 0, zwarp 500, and proceed to take turns wacking on each other. The macro uses bct to tell who to do what to whom and when. By design, name #1 gets in 40 hits, name #2 32 hits and name #3 28 hits (with 6 second pauses for refresh, I get in 100 hits in 10 minutes). Always finish 1-2-3, no messing about with targets outside of my boxes and am out of range of the zone mobs.

This macro doesn't have every last bell and whistle (eg. I manually end it), but once started, I have a win 10 minutes later. I'll be happy to post what I have if anyone is interested.

Actually, I six box so I was running two sessions at a time.

/mac boomer name1 name2 name3
name1 will win. The macro issues an mqpause, giving you time to: manually /setgrav and /zwarp (since I had other toons connected to the EQBC, I did this manually to avoid obvious behavior in other zones); target the trigger NPC; and /saytarget the trigger phrase. After the /saytarget the event goes live and you issue /mqpause to start the fighting.

No pride in authorship here. Do what you will with this code. Good luck!

#turbo

sub main
/declare charname[3] string outer
/declare spellname[3] string outer
/declare activeplayer int outer 1
/declare totalhits int outer 0
/declare i int local
/declare j int local 6

/varset spellname[1] Blue Boomerang
/varset spellname[2] Yellow Boomerang
/varset spellname[3] Red Boomerang

/varset charname[1] ${Param0}
/varset charname[2] ${Param1}
/varset charname[3] ${Param2}

/echo Players:
/echo ${charname[1]}
/echo ${charname[2]}
/echo ${charname[3]}
/echo
/echo Spells:
/echo ${spellname[1]}
/echo ${spellname[2]}
/echo ${spellname[3]}
/echo
/echo active player = ${activeplayer}
/mqpause
:start
/for i 1 to 3
/if (${activeplayer} != ${i}) {
/bct ${charname[${activeplayer}]} //target ${charname[${i}]}
/bct ${charname[${activeplayer}]} //casting ${spellname[${i}]}
/delay ${j}s
/varcalc totalhits ${totalhits} + 1
}
/next i

/if (${totalhits} == 40) {
/varset activeplayer 2
/echo activeplayer = ${activeplayer}
}
/if (${totalhits} == 72) {
/varset activeplayer 3
/echo activeplayer = ${activeplayer}
}
/goto :start

/return

Last edited:
I'm actually kind of interested in it, I was thinking about doing the brawl for some points.

Hey this looks really cool but as I only use the one PC to box on I don't use EQBC, is there a way to set this up to use something else?

Tried using Mastermind and it sort of worked but I couldn't figrue out how to get the /tell's to be in the right sintax to cast the boomerang..

As a side note, I had to put ""'s around the Blue Boomerang, Red Boomerang, Yellow Boomerang for it to cast. Easy fix though.

You can use EQBC on one PC. Just load up the plugin, load up the .exe and type /bccmd connect on all your toons.

Edit appreciated

As a side note, I had to put ""'s around the Blue Boomerang, Red Boomerang, Yellow Boomerang for it to cast. Easy fix though.

Good catch, thanks. My original version was hard-coded with toon names. When I stopped to take time to do the macro right, they put in the lockout and the part you fixed wasn't tested live.

Hope you found it useful.

You can use EQBC on one PC. Just load up the plugin, load up the .exe and type /bccmd connect on all your toons.

Hmmm Ok cool, so where do I grab the .exe from? I looked up the Wiki on MMMQ2 and it got me to DL a Windows ap and needs me to do regedit etc so gave up lol, but if we have it as part of the compile would be cool

Dont you have to load up a server, or have access to a server before you can load them up on EQBC? I tried and tried to get one up and running.

Code:
/bct ${charname[${activeplayer}]} //casting [COLOR="Red"]"[/COLOR]${spellname[${i}]}[COLOR="Red"]"[/COLOR]

Your call lines need " " I would not put them up top its bad habits and can cause issues later on if you keep them.

Good catch, thanks. My original version was hard-coded with toon names. When I stopped to take time to do the macro right, they put in the lockout and the part you fixed wasn't tested live.

Hope you found it useful.

Its working pretty decent for me, I appreciate you posting it :)

Hmm I dont have 3 toons with UF quite yet. Just trying things out on my main. Anybody on FV server wanna do some boomaranging together? Send me a PM if so.

Did sony add lockouts to this too?