better dps?

saar

Reaction score
Im wondering now adays which classes lead the dps scale is it still berserkers? or what?

Im wondering now adays which classes lead the dps scale is it still berserkers? or what?

necro. I have seen parces for 5k sustained DPS for top end necros.

I'm not too sure about casters, tho I could see why a Necro would be a bad a$$, but melee wise, it's typically zerker/rogue/mnk/rng, if they're all around the same gear/aa wise.

Wiz can do some pretty good sustained DPS now with their instants. A wizard can kite all the mobs in icefall with ease....at one time....with their cone ae instant dd

Melee's same levels / aa /gear = Rogue, followed by Zerker, followed by Monk.

A wizard with maxed AAs, Demiplane+ raiding gear, and that LoN necklace thingy could probably beat an equivalently geared necro. The problem with raiding guilds and DPS like that is that for a wizard to get more DPS, it's about how much they can control agro -- for a necro, assuming that you know how to manage mana (or have a big enough mana pool to handle it), there's not much of an option to increase DPS without just chaining as many dots as you can. Any time that a necro gets resists on fire, they're going to suck asshole on DPS...poison resists or magic resists would give similar effects, but not as bad. Because dots are all or none for your mana, as opposed to nukes that are normally all or partial-damage-for-your-mana, wizards can jump necros on mobs with nasty resists.

Melee Wise: Berzerker / Rogue / Then Monk / BL (Depends on length of fight) usually is the top DPS in my guild melee wise. Caster I'm not sure of.

parsed a war today in Icefall at 1150 dmg per second, which if i can remember correctly is higher than any ranger i have ever seen, and he was tanking too so that's what i found odd about it. this parse was over a 8 minute interval

parsed a war today in Icefall at 1150 dmg per second, which if i can remember correctly is higher than any ranger i have ever seen, and he was tanking too so that's what i found odd about it. this parse was over a 8 minute interval

My shaman can out do that DPS lol. warriors do put out nice dps, but are no where near the top. rangers will way out dps that btw...

=)
well i'm glad you set me straight on that lol, i'm no where near end game unfortunately, so hopefully i'll be able to see these uber machines you speak of soon :)
Thank you :)

Rangers hold their own, 2.0 ranger with thuli 1hb on ayo ro did sustained 1600ish dps, woulda been higher if more then warrior had been pushing for agro in case of mez.

Wizards

We parse "static" fights such as Lethar etc and we consistently see that we have wizards at the top of the dps. We even have 1 wizard who does more dps than Lethar himself

After that rogues and zerkers

actually i believe the last monk vs war parses i saw they were very close in dps if you took out clawstrikers. warriors are putting out a ton of dps these days. might be wrong but i saw a few talks about it on monkly-business.net

i would put berserker in front of rogue, i am playing zerker,rogue,monk and there is no way a rogue with the same AAs and same gear can match a berserkers dps, my berserker got 450 AA and rogue a bit over 1k AA, and rogue get KSed every time. Monks are not able to match rogue and berserker anymore, with same gear, and AAs

/maxine2

Zerker Rogue/Monk. I play a monk and push out 3000-3400 dps on a 3 minute fight

It's not Rogues.

I play a high-end Rogue and am constantly parsed throughout every fight and generally Monks top all but our best Rogue and Zerkers top everyone melee wise. Reason being is for a concentrated 4 minute fight, Rogues can only disc for 1.5 minutes (this should change with the next expansion) also, they are changing Rogue weapons to increase our mainhand DPS by seperating base dmg and backstab dmg to give us higher base damage weapons. For example: Embershank is 32/20 now, soon it will be like 41/20 with 32 as the backstab dmg.

Either way Rogues aren't really top of the food chain anymore.

necro. I have seen parces for 5k sustained DPS for top end necros.
Just curious on what mob that was parsed, the group setup for that necro (bard, no bard etc..), with mana flare, glyphs too, adn so on.
I'd really like to see a 5k fight parsed.