Best DPS Class?

Zemetor

Reaction score
What would you guys think was the best DPS class for a group macro (most DPS output) - given that each class is played by an equally capable player?

I'm talking about MAX sustained DPS over a long period of time - with minimal downtime.

There are so many factors to consider here.

Access to buffs
This can make one choice better over the other if you have aceess to adps

Group composition
Certain classes just fit better with others with Group buffs, adps aa's etc.

Access to gear
Depending on the toon's gear level that can also sway the best choice.
Some can get away with having poor gear more than others, while others might require certain focuses, weapons etc to even be usefull.

AA Count
Some classes require more, some less to be max dps.

The time it takes you to kill mobs
If each encounter is super short you'll want to sway toward a more bursty class. If they are longer, toward the more sustained dps classes.

Level
Certain expansions/levels just cater more toward certain classes.

So until we know more it's hard to give you better advice than think about the above somewhat.

Wizard x3. Used to be mana was an issue for sustained dps, but there are so many ways to get mana quickly, wizards do great sustained dps, as well as burst.

Over a long period of time... Necros, lots of them!

I'll give you my best data. My 2 cp.

Also this weigh's major on your access to content. Caster's are 80% less reliable on gear, a fire focus here and there or w/e is all they need. Melee guys are more gear dependent. Group gear, Cleave VII and Ferocity VIII is about max I think for group.

If I actually spent time on my rogues, I am betting they would be fighting for the top spots. When I setup group as follows it is disgusting DPS, but I'm running a business so MAXXING out my dps isnt needed. This Group (Rog, Rog, Rog, Bez, Shm, Bard) When it is configured like this, the parses change drastically. So it all depends on group makeup.

This is about 900 Fights. I tried a necro once.... it was laughable. They SOMETIMES got off a second DoT as the mobs die.

Imo, melee guys are easier to run. I have mine setup to where it is not nearly as obvious that they are bots.

Wizzy #1
Monk #2 (Full set of Tradeskill Gear with Shit Augs) (Ping 26,000 AA) Lmao
Mage #3
Enchanter #4 (If setup proper like, she's a fking beast)
Rogue #5 (These guys are setup poorly 5-8, out of laziness n excess DPS)
Rogue #6 (Normally out of group, or with a merc cleric 5-8)
Rogue #7
Zerker #8 (She's bout 1/2 full of Shit. parses top 1-4 when played proper, Which I not know how. )
SK #9 (Weapon Depending ;) )
Ranger #10 (she's a uncurable stupid bitch)
Mage's Pet #11
Bard #12 (Was maxin out AA's, no care with properly setup mac) A toon I built to sell. Max AA (For Sale!!)
Mage Swarm Pet #13
Cleric #14
Shammy #15
Shammy #16
Monk's Pet Procs #17

Last edited:
Looks like you need to fix the ranger's AAs or holyshits, hoppy.

Something is up with her. She's a bitch.

She chain casts Tranq Blessings when I turn on her downflags, I understand why it is happening, but cant seem to track it down. so I said fuck it, with this many toons all the fine details are just a pain in the ass. I use her for buffs and pulling so I can have 2/3 pullers going on different paths.

She's Max AA. They all are.

Last edited:
equal gear wizard.

Not equal gear wizard lol

Group Wizard will out dps a full tier 4 raid geared zerker/monk/rogue.

Wizard and never go back :)

William is right. On extended fights the dps gap will close as zerkers get to utilize their entire burn sequence but in general a T1 group geared wizard will pull really great dps in a group setting. I have no idea how often they'll be medding though if they're constantly in dps mode.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Charm an npc then buff the shit out of it. But you need to be on your toes for when charm breaks. A fully buffed npc with mage toys tend to hurt quite a bit!

How can a chanter be set up to be good DPS?

I will share this with you in PM if you like.

Charm an npc then buff the shit out of it. But you need to be on your toes for when charm breaks. A fully buffed npc with mage toys tend to hurt quite a bit!

It's fun to do this, but it's a pain in the ass and not worth it unless you are at your computer the whole time to maintain the charmed mob.

That's why I said you gotta be on your toes ;)

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get a macro to recharm a mob either.

Don't charmed mobs automatically have their dps downgraded? Otherwise 3 chanters in one group, all charming tough mobs and grouped with cleric mercs would be unbeatable...

William is right. On extended fights the dps gap will close as zerkers get to utilize their entire burn sequence but in general a T1 group geared wizard will pull really great dps in a group setting. I have no idea how often they'll be medding though if they're constantly in dps mode.

Pretty much never. You can sustain 30k + only using ethereals when claw procs twincast.

I chain ethereal and claw on wiz mac never close to oom and more than 30dps wiz max aa tho