Question Returning to live after 10+ years away

Xiggie

Reaction score
I've been gone from live over a decade. I played emu but I've always wanted to return to live to box there as I've only boxed on emu. The game has changed so much I'm not sure of the best group makeup. I want to play 1 group as far as I can get it. I already have a lvl 85 monk so that settles one slot but what about the other 5? I've heard people say the pally and sk have come along way. Are warriors still the best tanks? I'll list my thoughts below on a setup.

1. Tank : Was thinking warrior on this one since I will be so dependent on each toon I'd like the best in that role.

2. Heals: Cleric for the same reason as warrior for tank. I assume they are still much better than any other class at healing?

3. DPS/utility: I thought about mage here for dps and CotH utility

4. DPS/utility: Wizard for nukes and ports

5. Backup heals/utility: Shaman for backup heals and slows and haste

6. DPS: Monk

I appreciate any input

Reactions: EQDAB
Your setup seems perfect to me.

Adjustments (possible) :
- You can replace your WIZ with a huge melee (ROG BERS)
- You miss a crowd control, i would recommend a BRD, and it could replace your 2d dps (WIZ) ; note that BRD songs enhances your other dps (melee or casters)

Whatever you choose, its all fine.
Cheers

NB : dont listen to weak-minded people who will tell you that SK is the best tank, you will love your warrior.

1. Tank : SK: Best group conten t tank on the planet

2. Heals: shaman; Shaman for backup heals and slows and haste

3. DPS/utility: Enchanter

4. DPS/utility: Wizard for nukes and ports

5. Bard: just all around badass for group

6. DPS: Monk

I appreciate any input

Soloing current content

1. Necro
2. shaman
3. chanter
4. merc healer
5. merc DPS (wiz)
6. meerc DPS

Last edited:
1. Tank : Was thinking warrior on this one since I will be so dependent on each toon I'd like the best in that role. SK or Pally

2. Heals: Cleric for the same reason as warrior for tank. I assume they are still much better than any other class at healing? Cleric or Shaman if tank is geared well

3. DPS/utility: I thought about mage here for dps and CotH utility. Ber

4. DPS/utility: Wizard for nukes and ports. Wizard/Ber/Rog

5. Backup heals/utility: CC Bard

6. DPS: Monk if it has to be a monk thats ok but a bst would be better