best all around class

Grouping n' Stuff

Holy long sentences Batman! I just about had a stroke trying to read that aloud.. air..

Moving on.. And because I'm feeling bored and bitter in general I'm going on a rant..

There is no "one ultimate class" it's a mix and match of abilities (higher end anyway) that allows a *group* or *raid* to achieve a goal or task. Going beyond your general hack and slash any class type scenario..

Try doing a fear trial without a fear class, and you'll get the idea.. The game is about having small advantages over an opponent(s) - there is no spell or sword of the uber, just small 2 - 3% here and there that when it all adds up, you have an advantage and more likley to win the whatever it is you are doing. One on one, or 54 on one or whatever..

Let me get more specific to your post..

You are posting on a board dedicated to the needs of the "multi boxer" (see Macroquest for more details) about the perfect class to play when people aren't around to group with you..

Lets look at this another way.. What if you could play those missing classes yourself.. Hey! The right question to ask would be "What is the ultimate group" - Simply asking what the perfect class is, is like me asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Just a thought, grab a copy of MQ2, it's what's for dinner, next grab 2 or 3 or 6 accounts and get your own group going. That being said, I recommend making more than 2 friends to group with (see Escape to Norrath to lure in friends and family) or better yet, if boxing isn't your bag (ha a joke!..sigh..) join a raid guild in your time zone.

Trust me on this one, you will have HOURS of compulsory time with 24 to 54 people 7 nights a week at min. 90% attendance or out comes the broom.

Who am I to comment? Nobody really.. I box several like lots of people do is all..

Why do I do it instead of grouping I hear you ask?

Well here are a few of the "biggie" reasons, there are lots more I'm sure -- Just for the record I often do hook up with other boxers and we get little mini box raids going, 6 people, 6 groups of toons. You get the idea, powerful stuff to be sure..

The Top 5 Reasons I Box Are:

1 - I really hate, no, loath LFG, it's pointless and nobody picks up any longer anyway they are all multi boxing and having fun, fuckers.

2 - I don't have to worry about Mr. X and Mr. Y being on to do anything I want to do, bitching about mez breaking or how often I refresh buffs or get dispelled or take pee breaks (I have a small girlish bladder, ok?)

3 - My whole group has matching facial hair, this above all is key to multi boxing.. Don't let anyone tell you different, commie drible.

4 - I know how everyone in my boxed group reacts to a situation, nobody is AFK or wristing out a turd when I'm pulling trains. Nobody misses a mob, and nobody forgets to asssit the MT.

5 - I can be a loot whore, come on we all want to be a whore at some point.. Why am I trying to sell that to a forum of cheaters..? Anyway..

Now this isn't a flame, just being very from the hip. And yes I know it costs me an arm and a leg every month, but this is my hobby - that's how I justify it to myself =)

.. It's past lunch time here, and I'm hungry.

Good luck with your quest for the perfect group, err class (Try a Necro those are fun) And shoot me a PM if you need tried and tested Macros to run melee / casters.

I'm happy to share! ;)

Later.

im asking cause i havent played every class just a few but there still ppl that can play eq without being in a grp if you have to have a grp everytime you want to do something then you neaver get anywhere since the number of ppl is droping from eq and when ppl seem to neaver want to do more than a few select zones its a pain to wait a few hrs for a grp when you dont have that much time to wait maybe go to work and come home by then someones wanting to do something. there plenty of ppl that solo im just asking which one does the best at it take castrums a nec can solo them great but if you try with a war you wont do as good . if you consider role plaing you live the chacter so you cant always count on ppl to be willing to play at same time as you do. that means you will have to solo or not play at all. unless you can go and say lfg and magicly there ppl ready to play at anytime of the hr. besides who is to say how someone chooses to play the game maybe im not there to chat all the time also.

I'd say a necro or a shaman. They both can solo damn near the whole game and as a duo it makes most things laughable.

best class

i would say if ya wanna solo necro best u can get but i sure luv my beast as well.

Obviously the original post'r has yet to make a decision, more info is needed

pally's are the most versatile.

dps vs undead = godly

heals

cures

rez.

invuln.

while they aren't the most needed...u can do a wide range of roles in group or raid content.

Icebox's comment made me piss myself I laughed so hard and long. I still chuckle every so often.

Far as a pally's uber undead dps. Sk's and warriors now can out dps pallies on undead raid mobs. Not saying everytime but when I was raiding last seen it often. And two of the pallies I know were geared well and knew what they was doing(as far as weapon selection and aa's and stuff like that). There would always be 1 to 2 warriors ahead of them and 1 sk. So pallies I would think through long and hard before I made one to solo.

Icebox's comment made me piss myself I laughed so hard and long. I still chuckle every so often.

Far as a pally's uber undead dps. Sk's and warriors now can out dps pallies on undead raid mobs. Not saying everytime but when I was raiding last seen it often. And two of the pallies I know were geared well and knew what they was doing(as far as weapon selection and aa's and stuff like that). There would always be 1 to 2 warriors ahead of them and 1 sk. So pallies I would think through long and hard before I made one to solo.

/Shrug..........Our pallys always out DPS war / SK on undead raid mobs.....

Lol 2yrs gimmie a break!

No offense guys but even if the post was newly opened I still wouldnt suggest pally and I have one myself that does 20k+ slays pretty frequently. If its not undead the class is like a turtle on its back and does about as much dmg. Besides the Oceangreen and Bertoxx themes there is next to no undead in SoD. Plus any utilities the class has can be handled by half the classes in the game or a merc.

There really is no best class but when choosing now days in group situations you should consider the availability of the clr/war mercs. If your solo choose a class that fits well with one of those and consider the type of content your after as well.