best all around class

NewbieGuy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey I have a question about which class is best to play. I want something that can take a beating and also do mass dps. Next i want him to be able to have abilty to solo in zones that i can still get deasent exp at. What would you say would have the dps and can heal some sort of way and be able to live longer than say a nec if hit or a leather class. Ive always heard nec was a good solo class but if they are summond or dots fail there in trouble it would seem so hopefully id like to make a sk sorta or a pal but seems a pal dps is on the low side of the tank class. i sorta like zerkers and war class but only solo heal i know of is the heal pots anyone got a comment about the class they like to solo with that are what i described or had success with. Sorry if my editing is bad ill get better at it.:D:confused::(:eek:

Shaman. We kick ass and aren't bothered with taking names!

Every class is the best. Just depends on how you play. You basically describe your playstyle desire as well something you find in WoW. Not EQ

what about the forms on sk they say they can solo mobs like the dragons and stuff with there mass dps and ac but when i went to go and make one i neaver came close to the dps way they said it maybe ots just highend sk i dont care for wow lol . im a eq junky always hehe

sorry if i repeated this i was just wondering cause so many ppl talk about like a sk can solo things that normally take a grp to kill. just wondering lol im a eq fan i cant stand wow its ok i guess but seems like playing a smurff:D

sorry if i repeated this i was just wondering cause so many ppl talk about like a sk can solo things that normally take a grp to kill. just wondering lol im a eq fan i cant stand wow its ok i guess but seems like playing a smurff:D

If you are an EQ fan why are you clueless about all the classes and that this game is built around grouping not soloing. Several classes can solo but the way you talk you want UberMotherFer that just goes and owns stuff. You do not get that with EQ.

sk's are the anidps they can be a very good solo class if played right and ive seen very few sk's played right

What would you say would have the dps and can heal some sort of way and be able to live longer than say a nec if hit or a leather class. Ive always heard nec was a good solo class but if they are summond or dots fail there in trouble it would seem so hopefully id like to make a sk sorta or a pal but seems a pal dps is on the low side of the tank class.

*Buzzer* Pfft, I solo summoning mobs that give good XP all the time! Well often, hehe. You know how to play the class and you can expand its intended capabilities by looking outside the box and not play it stereotypically. I am often the tank. Not really in xp groups though :}.

As was said, any class can solo, some need to chose targets more carefully than others, but all can.

Once a pally has slay undead AA's... holy hell are they dps.

If you are an EQ fan why are you clueless about all the classes and that this game is built around grouping not soloing. Several classes can solo but the way you talk you want UberMotherFer that just goes and owns stuff. You do not get that with EQ.

im asking cause i havent played every class just a few but there still ppl that can play eq without being in a grp if you have to have a grp everytime you want to do something then you neaver get anywhere since the number of ppl is droping from eq and when ppl seem to neaver want to do more than a few select zones its a pain to wait a few hrs for a grp when you dont have that much time to wait maybe go to work and come home by then someones wanting to do something. there plenty of ppl that solo im just asking which one does the best at it take castrums a nec can solo them great but if you try with a war you wont do as good . if you consider role plaing you live the chacter so you cant always count on ppl to be willing to play at same time as you do. that means you will have to solo or not play at all. unless you can go and say lfg and magicly there ppl ready to play at anytime of the hr. besides who is to say how someone chooses to play the game maybe im not there to chat all the time also.

if you dont know which is best for you then why even worry about this post there plenty other post you can leave negative crap on. hold on wait i fount the magic button that gives a instant group.

if you want a class that can have great dps, heal themselves and others, can tank if need be solo and all the good stuff--go shaman. we are way over powered and can do almost anything

if you want mad dps, a pet thats worth a shit and can solo very well even from lvl1 that'd be a necro

then you have wizards which are another good dps class and also often overlooked the have some nuke bombs that make anyone drool, can snare and do some major solo damage and also groupage is decent from wizard aswell

as for mages their pets are pretty good they have good dps and can do some good soloing hell ive got a mage friend who solo's AG zone in

but most classes can solo AG geared right i know a few pallies who can i know a few sk's who can and a monk who can

it really comes down to what style you want to play if you dont wanna play a caster then you could go with a zerker

zerkers dont have to pull they dont have to do anything but mass dps al the time

monks are great dps can pull, fd and a solid all around class they can even solo with proper gear and knowledge of their class

rogues are another good dps class dont pump out as much as the zerker but still great dps to keep around, have sos which is great for a wipe in group or raid they can drag all the corpses backstab, get all sorts of badass illusion clickies fun class to play

then you have rangers can solo, group, snare, attack buffs and decent dps

then somewhere lost in the middle are bards, great pullers and their songs increase healing, dps, dd's, attack all sorts of fun stuff

all this info isnt alot but its enough to help with a descision if all else fails start playing the classes one by one until you find the one you like the best

Warrior, cleric, shaman, ranger, monk, insert class here. That is your best solo. You are on MMO forums, so you are already using mq, so might as well make the best of it and just make your own group that you solely play. Then there won't be much you cannot do except raid stuff.

Warrior - Best tank period.
Cleric - Buffs, main healer.
Shaman - Buffs, slows, offhealer, some dps, etc. Good utility.
Ranger - DPS mostly, snares, etc.
Monk - Pulling, DPS.
Insert class - I like Bard for versatility, but I have also ran with Necro. Rogue would probably be solid DPS as well, but for some reason I don't hear much about Rogues anymore.

Classes like SK, Pally, Monk, Ranger don't come into their own until the higher levels and get some AA's (above 60-65, and over 200 AA's or so). So, yea, a SK is gonna suck at lower levels if all by himself.

The hands down best soloer that is not gear dependent is the necro from level 1 up. After that, probably mage, then wiz or shaman. That is for level 1 and up.

But, just go run the bone chip macro and be level 50 in about 6 hours.

Matt

I like necros personally

I LOVE melee classes 1-60ish, but after that its just too much downtime even with OOC regen.

With decent hp regen and a decent brain you can go non stopped and solo things other classes need a group for.

Wizards are awesome as well, but who really enjoys quadding? pfft :D

You want all that?

Well, that is a lot to ask for in a single character lol. I would have to say Pally is the closest to what you want, but you will have to put a lot of effort into it to make it be able to do all that. If you max out your slay undead, crit mods, extra hits, etc., you would be able to do a great deal of damage to undead. Other than that, though, they don't do much dps. If even just decently geared, they can take a nice little beating, plus at 74? (I may be off by a level or two) you get a quick heal that does around 2k and only takes .25 seconds. With that said, you also may want to max out your heal aa. Do this, and you can pwn Direwind, and get some nice experience. Another thing to definitely do is all your mitigation/avoidance etc. aa.

Another option would be the necro. Your pets will be able to tank, and if that fails, you can kite. Keep in mind though that unless you are oober twinked, you will have to med between each kill.

I disagree about being uber and needing to med.

A smart player can have crap for gear and still solo as a necro with never little downtime.

Once you get demi lich its a whole new ball game.

thanks to all i may try the muti class boxing id be lot better off it seems bad thing on bone chips getting ppl to take time to do it i offerend 20k plus id buy all the meat for a nec to do it no one is borred enough to make that many hehe guess its the old way till i can get enough saved up but it is a good quest to do

thanks to all i may try the muti class boxing id be lot better off it seems bad thing on bone chips getting ppl to take time to do it i offerend 20k plus id buy all the meat for a nec to do it no one is borred enough to make that many hehe guess its the old way till i can get enough saved up but it is a good quest to do

Yea, that sounds great but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER, use some type of punctucation!