Back yet again...

Chokehold

You will not evade me moss_snake!
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I'm back yet again in Evercrack... damn this addiction! But to my defense.. not many good games out there now anyways..

Well I'm in need of some guidance!

I've got these 3 chars I'm boxing, ranging between 80 and 90. Should I push the lower-level chars to 90 and start working on AA's or should I get like 2-3k Aa's on em all before I push to 90?
Basically my setup is wiz, ench and monk with tank,clr and rangedps mercs.

I know I really must gear my wiz up but as for now I've got mostly 8-900hp items on him. Will that suffice or should I aim for the best gear possible for him? He is the lowest lvl char in the group.

And lastly: Hot Zones are the recommended places to be right? XP wise that is. Not planning on downing nameds yet because that is just to much hassle. Havent got everything setup perfectly etc.

Probably got more questions that I just forgot now.
Thanks in advance :D

I would push lvls =1st allwaqys,, AA"s come so fast its not even funny, at lvl 85 your charas can wear voa t-1 gear roughly 1200 hp/mana. AND YES hot IS Decent exp for lvl 80-85 then at 85 move into argath and kill kill kill... IMO.

As far as lvling them to all even lvls its really your choice.. gear will come aa's will come but tis really lvls that rule all.

I would push lvls =1st allwaqys,, AA"s come so fast its not even funny, at lvl 85 your charas can wear voa t-1 gear roughly 1200 hp/mana. AND YES hot IS Decent exp for lvl 80-85 then at 85 move into argath and kill kill kill... IMO.

As far as lvling them to all even lvls its really your choice.. gear will come aa's will come but tis really lvls that rule all.

^

Once you hit level 80-85 go for AA. You limit yourself in decent hunting locations past that.

The first thing I would do is work out bugs of your group by grinding content and maximize your dps.

I'd also look into getting everyone a full set of cultural gear. On my server it cost me about 300k to have someone make me a full set.

If you don't have the plat I'd just ask here on the boards for plat sellers. $10 will buy a lot of plat these days. Faster you get geared the better your dps gets. Which means faster exp.

thanks for all the answers guys! Grinding AA's on my chanter and monk and doing lvls on my wiz now. Going really slow but its no rush really. Dont want to burn myself out this time.

Any ideas on zones where I can grind nameds to get rings, earrings, charm etc? Or should I focus on getting tier clearance? Like getting up to t-4 etc.

At 80+ you can wear vendor non vis dream mote gear from HoT expansion. Dream motes are dirt cheap in bazaar most of the time and you only need 30 per item. HoT progresion gets you access to better non vis of course.
VoT T1 drops also can be worn at 85 but are typically overpriced.

HoT T1 names are easy but avoid new feeroot and the goddampermacampignrangers there

Having a hard time taking down nameds in ferrott. My tankmerc is only lvl 82 but he is tier 5. Thinking of switching my 88 healmerc tier 5 to tank and the tank to healer. Think that will do any good?

also having a reeeaallyyy hard time keeping up dps. Mostly let my meleedps just autoattack with mq2moveutils from behind and I use wizard.mac that is found here on the boards. my chanter I play myself but cant get him to do much dmg at all tbh. The buffs from the chanter is nice though but I'm reeeaally lacking in dps overall. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm only using one computer with 2 screens. so no fancy things here.

Even the trash is tough at those levels in Ferrott. Especially for low-AA tanks. I remember trying to level a newly-minted SK in that zone and I needed two healers working to keep him alive and he was still taking damage spikes dropping him close to purple. Forget the nameds! It's not that easy a zone for tanks that are borderline, IIRC.

my chanter I play myself but cant get him to do much dmg at all tbh. The buffs from the chanter is nice though but I'm reeeaally lacking in dps overall. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Chanter and dps in the same sentence? tisk tisk there is the first problem :p Chanter keep a mob stun locked easily enough with a two cast macro or just -kill on the single target stun so drop mob dps to next to nothing.
DPS with chanter comes from twincast for caster merc on burn since mob will be stun locked except for that 1.5 sec or so gap between ae stun and single target stun. You are of course tashing to increase spell damage?
That or charm a lizard in feeroot as they do 3k ish dps which is respectable for pet (sniff no more pooka).

If you have VoA, make sure you are doing This is Argath every 6 hours or so. At low AA count with a level 85 character I get 14+ AA each task. You only have two things to kill and they are soloable/mercable at 85 if you have HoT T1 or better. There is a minimum lvl of 85 on the task but it's not difficult at all. There is a follow up task that is only slightly harder. Shoring up defenses. Should also be pretty easily done at 85. Key thing is to just mortar up the walls as quick as you can and not try and fight the explosions. Each of these tasks get me 14-15AA at a roughly 1500 AA count. Repeatable every 6 hours

Thanks again for the advices. Now I know what to do :) AA's are the things I miss I've come to realize.

And I've been thinking of adding another char to the group. The question is: What would be the most useable class to add to my wiz/enc/monk setup?
I will level him on the side while getting aa's with my main group!
I've been thinking on a easy class like rogue or zerker so I can just stick him on mobs asses! :) Even a ranger would do I think. Althought they bring no utility except dps.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks again for the advices. Now I know what to do :) AA's are the things I miss I've come to realize.

And I've been thinking of adding another char to the group. The question is: What would be the most useable class to add to my wiz/enc/monk setup?
I will level him on the side while getting aa's with my main group!
I've been thinking on a easy class like rogue or zerker so I can just stick him on mobs asses! :) Even a ranger would do I think. Althought they bring no utility except dps.

Any ideas? :)

Uhmm... completely wrong. With Blusterbolt, HA, and their Paci line, rangers have all the pulling tools they need. Ranger/mage CoH pulling is faster than FD splitting or Bard pulling, at least for me.