Autoupdater

marmy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I wanted to disable mq2netbots from being auto updated. I unchecked it in the Plugin Configuration screen but if I check for updates the check box is selected and greyed out so I can't unselect it.

I have been told some versions of mq2netbots can cause problems with modbot and that this might be causing the problems I have been having lately.

Thanks

Just dont load the plugin then. If it is referenced to be loaded, disable that.

Just rename the version that you have that works to MQ2NetBotsGOOD or something and dont load the normal mq2netbots. if a macro requires the plugin be checked you may have to modify modbot to check for MQ2NetBotsGOOD but other then that you shouldnt have any issue. The plugin name doesnt really matter just dont load both good version and bad version.

It would be easier to just replace MQ2netbot after each update of MQ2 than it would be to go and change every instance netbot in modbot and its includes every time they are changed. Especially with me doing it I would most likely stuff it somehow :eek:

I just thought disabling it from being updated would be far easier but no biggie.

BTW been running eqbc for over 4 hours wit hthis version of mq2netbots and not one disconnect so fasr so fingers crossed.

get a real text editor with search/replace only need to do it once.

get a real text editor with search/replace only need to do it once.

True JJ but considering modbot or its includes are updated more often than MQ2 I would end up doing it more often than if I just turned of the autoupdater in between patches :)

That being said I was just playing around with the Visual C++ editor and found the neat search and replace feature in it. Netbots appears 169 times in 12 different files in my macros directory :)

Last edited:
oh well got the dreaded "did not recieve expected ping from server. pinging" message after about 5 hours from eqbc so maybe it wasn't netbots :(

FYI, if you ever wanna run loader with updates disabled, you can. Do it the same way you would prevent eq from patching, i.e.: mmoloader.exe patchme

htw

oh well got the dreaded "did not recieve expected ping from server. pinging" message after about 5 hours from eqbc so maybe it wasn't netbots :(

The server isn't very stable to begin with, and netbots just accelerates the issue.

yes EQBC needs an overhaul...

but thats lots of work and most of us are too lazy :p

The server isn't very stable to begin with, and netbots just accelerates the issue.

I have since installed it as a service and now can go about 12hours before I get the ping message.

I am pretty happy with that :)

If you dont want to update certain plugins. Instead of changing the name (which is a good idea too ) you can also just change the file to read only. Loader will try to update it but fail too.

If you dont want to update certain plugins. Instead of changing the name (which is a good idea too ) you can also just change the file to read only. Loader will try to update it but fail too.
That's a good catch, I'll have to disable that capability. ;)

htw

Lol sweet idea thanks :cool: