Auto Selo's Kick w/o mq2melee?

Bp2008

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking around for a way to automatically use the new bard AA Selo's Kick without running mq2melee. I would use mq2melee, but it screws with my autoattack, which interferes with pulling, mezzing, and even turns off my invis once in a while.

Basically, I need mq2autoskills-like functionality for Selo's Kick. (It needs to be activated whenever it is off-cooldown, only if I am autoattacking and facing a mob that is in range.)

Anyone know how to do this? Alternatively, anyone know how to make the melee plugin stop messing with my autoattack state (so that autoattack is only controlled manually)?

You could try turning off stuff you don't want to use, e.g.: /melee melee=off save

See the wiki (from wiki link at top of forums, then plugin listing).

htw

Ah, thanks!

This whole time I thought /melee melee=off actually turned off the whole plugin.

:eek:

I prefer the melee plugin. with /melee melee=0. you gain more benifits for the plugin.

Code:
holyshit6=/if (${Me.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Selo's kick]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs} <=98) /alt activate 8205
No need to be confusing to him LOL (or others). Yes, while 0 is alias for off, and 1 is alias for on, you repeated what I told him, without making that clear. ;)

Most users should get used to using on/off instead of 1/0, just so they don't have to worry about remembering. I know it makes sense to many of us, but for so many others, it doesn't.

htw

Mq2melee only uses selo's kick when I am not singing anything (a bug that will soon be fixed, I hope).

Does the holyshit line posted by Savage work while singing? The wiki says holyshits are executed only when there is no casting going on, so it really comes down to whether or not the melee plugin thinks singing == casting.

I'm going to try the holyshit version next time I am online anyway, but my hopes are not high.

I've never used a holyshit before, so will it work to just put this in the ini file under [MQ2Melee]?

Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Me.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Selo's kick]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs} <=98) /alt activate 8205

Last edited:
Mq2melee only uses selo's kick when I am not singing anything (a bug that will soon be fixed, I hope).

Does the holyshit line posted by Savage work while singing? The wiki says holyshits are executed only when there is no casting going on, so it really comes down to whether or not the melee plugin thinks singing == casting.

I'm going to try the holyshit version next time I am online anyway, but my hopes are not high.

I've never used a holyshit before, so will it work to just put this in the ini file under [MQ2Melee]?

Code:
holyshit0=/if (${Me.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Selo's kick]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.PctHPs} <=98) /alt activate 8205
Try: /melee beta=on save

I added it a while back, for bard testing like this, but never got any feedback whether the feature(s) are all working properly - skills, aa's, holyshits, etc.

htw

only time it dont work is when you have a mob locked down and you switch back to meleeing it will reset the mez

Hah. Forgive my bard ignorance... but how would this normally be seen/controlled, vs what happens with melee? I just need a good "this guy is stupid so let me explain it in detail" for what is normal, and melee affect. I r stoopid to know what ya mean about "mez is reset", swap to mob, etc...

;)

htw

ok if you have two mobs in camp you mez one then change target to melee the one your ma is on leaving the other mobed mezed ( playing no other songs ) when selos kick fires it will stop the mez but if you hit selos kick manually it wont break the mez.

ok if you have two mobs in camp you mez one then change target to melee the one your ma is on leaving the other mobed mezed ( playing no other songs ) when selos kick fires it will stop the mez but if you hit selos kick manually it wont break the mez.
So it does selo's to the mob you mezzed, instead of to the one you changed target to? But melee is actually still fighting the ma mob? If so, wtf... ><

htw

no...from reading it fires selo's kick on the mob your targeting, BUT it cancels the mezz song tht is being played unless you manually push the button

No it does selos on what ever you melee. bard can lock down a mob with mez then switch targets to melee another mob "thats with no songs going besides mez just leaving it on" but when selos goes off it will interupt the mez but if you hit selos with out using beta,holyshits etc it *will not interupt the mez

Ok, thanks, that let me narrow it down. I looked at the code, and what happens is: MQ2Melee uses mq2cast to handle AA's. The command passed to the built-in function is correct, but mq2cast will multiline it to do a /stopsong before casting the AA. I might throw in a mq2cast config switch to let bards test with that turned off. Are there cases where if you are singing, if you want to use an AA (that mq2melee would use, or would use via holyshit), that would require you to stop singing first?

htw

Post all your bards holyflags for me. i do not have a problem with chain mezzing, and switching back to ma target and meleeing.
I've got it man, I can see in code where it is stopping it.

htw

No it does selos on what ever you melee. bard can lock down a mob with mez then switch targets to melee another mob "thats with no songs going besides mez just leaving it on" but when selos goes off it will interupt the mez but if you hit selos with out using beta,holyshits etc it *will not interupt the mez
Alexandra, if you have time, could you update your MQ2Cast.dll via loader (or manually overwrite with http://www.mmobugs.com/updates/install/MQ2Cast.dll). Unload mq2melee & mq2cast, then create MQ2Cast.ini in your MQ2 dir. Just have a simple section that has this:

[Settings]
Beta=bard

And save it. Load up mq2cast, mq2melee, and see if things work as you expect.

I appreciate it.

htw

Alexandra, if you have time, could you update your MQ2Cast.dll via loader (or manually overwrite with http://www.mmobugs.com/updates/install/MQ2Cast.dll). Unload mq2melee & mq2cast, then create MQ2Cast.ini in your MQ2 dir. Just have a simple section that has this:

[Settings]
Beta=bard

And save it. Load up mq2cast, mq2melee, and see if things work as you expect.

I appreciate it.

htw

Oops thought I answered this, anyway wil update this in a few minutes, raiding right now ;)

Thanks htw