Auto Selo's Kick w/o mq2melee?

Okay. With beta=on in mq2melee (and of course selos=on), and singing a single song from the song bar, selos kick fires the moment the cast bar goes away and ends the singing. The same goes for using /melody. The kick is done and the melody twist ends. With mq2twist's /twist, the twisting does not stop, but I think it might miss a song sometimes when a kick goes off between songs. I do not use the mq2twist plugin on a regular basis anyway because I still play my bard mostly manually and /twist does not stop when I manually start another song (slow, mez, whatever).

I use other toons on this computer occasionally, so setting beta=bard for mq2cast probably wouldn't work out too well for me? Perhaps it could be in the character specific .ini file instead, so mq2cast doesn't get broken for other toons that use the same pc?

However, all is not lost. I turned off the beta flag and I put the holyshit in my .ini as holyshit0, did /melee holyflag0=1 in game, and kick now works as intended. It kicks when it needs to just as if I had pressed the button myself! Thanks Savage!

Last edited:
Okay. With beta=on in mq2melee (and of course selos=on), and singing a single song from the song bar, selos kick fires the moment the cast bar goes away and ends the singing. The same goes for using /melody. The kick is done and the melody twist ends. With mq2twist's /twist, the twisting does not stop, but I think it might miss a song sometimes when a kick goes off between songs. I do not use the mq2twist plugin on a regular basis anyway because I still play my bard mostly manually and /twist does not stop when I manually start another song (slow, mez, whatever).

I use other toons on this computer occasionally, so setting beta=bard for mq2cast probably wouldn't work out too well for me? Perhaps it could be in the character specific .ini file instead, so mq2cast doesn't get broken for other toons that use the same pc?

However, all is not lost. I turned off the beta flag and I put the holyshit in my .ini as holyshit0, did /melee holyflag0=1 in game, and kick now works as intended. It kicks when it needs to just as if I had pressed the button myself! Thanks Savage!
Using the beta switch for mq2cast I put, will not affect any other function / toon. All I did was make it so when a bard uses an item or AA, not to /stopsong automatically (if you use mq2cast to cast an actual spell, it will still stopsong for bard).

htw

When you stop and start twist with mq2twist u need to turn off twist. so my keys look like this. i incorporate regular eq functions in the hotkeys when mmo is down.

/stop
/twist off
/twist 1 2 3 4

i like mq2twist better than melody. u can take an item and put into your twist. And it works great!

Yes, mq2twist has its advantages, like continuing even if singing gets interrupted by a stun. But I actually find that persistence to be a pain. I like the current ways of stopping songs and twisting with melody. Fortunately, I don't have any clickies worth putting into a rotation, so /melody works best for me. If I ever decide to automate the bard though, I will definitely have to ditch /melody and go with /twist.

Using the beta switch for mq2cast I put, will not affect any other function / toon. All I did was make it so when a bard uses an item or AA, not to /stopsong automatically (if you use mq2cast to cast an actual spell, it will still stopsong for bard).

htw

Ah, good to know.

Both mq2melee & mq2cast changes for bard I made live by default in current compile btw. No longer need to do beta settings.

htw

So, FYI: I turned req for beta switch for mq2melee back on the other day. MQ2Twist uses /cast, which was causing mq2melee/mq2cast & mq2twist to fight. ;)

Today, I put in some code that I'd appreciate anyone having the time to test. The way it works, is mq2melee checks for twisting, and if active, before doing any downshits, it will quickly pause twisting - do the downshits - then resume twisting.

Assuming it works as I intended, that would fix bards & downshits not firing, if they are singing via twist.

Also, I have it set to check for twisting via any of the AA checks. This might not be necessary, but for now I have put it in that way.

If bards here want things between all this working smoother, I need feedback for various conditions, here are some examples:

<not in combat>
- do downshits fire properly if singing (not twisting), either single song, or melody.
- do downshits fire properly if twisting, and does twisting stop/start properly.

<combat>
- do holyshits fire properly if singing (not twisting), either single song, or melody.
- do holyshits fire properly if twisting, and does twisting stop/start properly.
- do ca/aa built-in skills (shown as set via /melee), work properly while not singing/melody/twisting.
- do ca/aa built-in skills work properly while singing/melody.
- do ca/aa built-in skills work properly while twisting, and does twist stop/start properly.

Those are just some examples. Any kind of feedback at all is good. Some things I know how they may/may not work properly, until we move forward with some code changes, but verification is good.

In order to activate it, you will need the beta switch on in melee (/melee beta=on save). Make sure you have the latest mq2melee.dll from updates (should show ver 5.264 as of this post).

If any interest, I'll prob start a thread for us to track it. Otherwise, will prob freeze it and move it down the priority list.

Thanks

htw

<not in combat>
- do downshits fire properly if singing (not twisting), either single song, or melody.
- do downshits fire properly if twisting, and does twisting stop/start properly.

I haven't tested this out. But in the past i would have to stop twisting or stop the melody to get my downflags to fire.

Pretty much anything that has a casting time will interfere with twist causing it to either stahl the twist or not fire properly.

Any instant clicks or aa's fire properly while twisting or using melody.

What i have done in the past for instance if i wanted to cast a Geomantra item in combat i would turn twist off all together and have it click the item. then use mq2 events to restart my twist.

I am skeptical about trying new things when my set up is flawless. When i get free time i will give it a shot.
Don't bother. I'm sure there are others who will want to get this working the right way, instead of having to config workarounds, so I'll work with them to get us there.

htw

I'll take a gander here shortly.

*edit* I've got all my toons in atm, so i'll have to patch it once i'm done. I'll check it out though.

Last edited:
after patching it mq2twist dont work at all with beta swith on, twist just skips through the songs but don't play them and thats with no downshits or holyshits.

after patching it mq2twist dont work at all with beta swith on, twist just skips through the songs but don't play them and thats with no downshits or holyshits.
hmm, ok, that's weird, mq2twist stayed the same - except with mq2melee pausing it, but if it was paused, then it wouldn't even go through the song list. I'll log in a maelin freebie, and see what up.

htw

Or not... I will try later. The gerbils-that-be at SOE have decided to take a coffee break.

htw

I put up a diff mq2melee. If twisting is detected, downshit processing is paused.

htw

It seems to work ok for me, I don't use twist however, but selos and most everything else is working fine.

I have been having it get stuck on clicking epic though with the last update, it greys out and goes to the end of the casting bar but never casts it. I have to /fade or camp to clear it out, but i just turned off that holyshit to bypass it.

It seems to work ok for me, I don't use twist however, but selos and most everything else is working fine.

I have been having it get stuck on clicking epic though with the last update, it greys out and goes to the end of the casting bar but never casts it. I have to /fade or camp to clear it out, but i just turned off that holyshit to bypass it.
If you wish, give mq2cast a try with bard normal switch turned on (for /stopsong), just to see if that issue stops for you. It's only thing I can think of.

http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Cast#Configuration

htw