Anyway to detect what mobs are casting?

Cage9d9

Reaction score
From what I can gather there is no way to do this :( A specific example:

If my target is casting Complete Heal, stun/mez it to interrupt it

Did some searching on these and mq2 forums but no look. MQ2 Wiki seems to indicate it's not possible to see what a mob is casting (although we can see it in logs!)

I seem to remember that at least some mobs will have a line of text for the spell they cast. Its likely that the messages are controlled by the chat filters.

EQ -> Options -> Chat -> NPC Spells

I think what he is talking about is how does he use that line of text for a condition or holyshit.

For example, if he sees "XXXX mob begins casting gate," he wants his bot to cast a stun or another spell to interrupt the casting. The only thing I can think of is by using MQ2Events. Someone more knowledgeable is more than welcome to correct me however.

I think what he is talking about is how does he use that line of text for a condition or holyshit.

For example, if he sees "XXXX mob begins casting gate," he wants his bot to cast a stun or another spell to interrupt the casting. The only thing I can think of is by using MQ2Events. Someone more knowledgeable is more than welcome to correct me however.

I've tried this and the only main downside I've ran into is if you have multiple mobs of the same name in your camp then you won't have any indication of which one is doing the casting. Instead, I would wind up doing a check to the mob's class and ensure that stuns on all available classes would be used on clerics and such.