Anyone play on Project1999?

I've been thinking about doing an EMU server on the side. If this is the one everyone is doing, I might do it.

I'm waiting for a blanket ban, especially if we guild up. I know DT posting his character name is going to get some attention.

Wish we had a database like that so we could have a MMOBugs server, then we could inbrace MacroQuest2, which is how we all prefer to play.

Yea but with out being able to warp and do all sorts of MQ commands the only thing you could get banned for is afk macros i would think. The server is pretty MQ2 proof. You can't use a speed hack or any of the Ghost like plugins. The thing that I think is keeping us captivated is the original style of game play. I miss how hard this game was originally.

DT was already banned once. But was supposidly for 3rd party

I pretty much only use MQ2 on the emu servers for the map.

Map and twist is all I've used it for and all I will use it for. May stop doing even that at this rate since I've really enjoyed it.

Map is all i use it for, but being able to know a mobs level by hovering mouse over it is just pure win!!

Yea but with out being able to warp and do all sorts of MQ commands the only thing you could get banned for is afk macros i would think. The server is pretty MQ2 proof. You can't use a speed hack or any of the Ghost like plugins. The thing that I think is keeping us captivated is the original style of game play. I miss how hard this game was originally.

I think you're giving the P99 devs just a little too much credit. As far as forming a guild of people from this website, I would advise against it. As unpaid volunteers, they seem to have a hard-on for flexing their muscles whenever possible.. save for maybe one or two of them. I wouldn't give them any more reason to look at you.

As far as the server being "MQ2 proof" I'd say not really. As of right now the only detection methods that I am aware of are that of player coordinates, which serves both to measure excessive jumps from one point to another from warping long distances, as well as crossing certain distances at unreasonable speeds.

Speedhack still works under reasonable numbers, such as the speeds you could obtain through the use of SoW, and as of yet has not landed me in any trouble. Warping also works in very small increments, beneficial only to get through locked doors.

As far as multi-boxing goes, I'd also advise against it. The majority of players on P99 don't need any incentive to be up in your shit, and seeing some questionable behavior would be all they needed to report you. I would certainly not ask for an IP exemption as you'd probably be closely monitored by GM's. I thought that there was functionality in InnerSpace to control a client on a different IP/Computer though, that might be something to look into if you're determined to box there...

InnerSpace Website

You can do the same thing with MQ2 and EQBC you dont need IS to control from multi IPs, the problem is you would need to have multi IPs to do it that way.

As for people here forming a guild, wouldn't be an issue since we would not be hacking, just a bunch of friends getting together.

This is interesting since I started this thread. LOL

I levelled 2 toons to 50 on P1999 and then got kinda bored with it, at least till they expand to Kunark. THAT will be a blast! Don't get me wrong, it's a great server and great fun to experience the "good ole days" of EQ. But the problem is they're taking too long to bring out Kunark and for anyone who's levelled 2 different toons to 50 (and I did it the hard way, no cheats, no boxing, no PLing) the "good ole days" get rather boring.

But for people who haven't played on EQ1999 yet, I heartily recommend it. The server is growing by leaps and bounds and it's still a blast to zone into Unrest or Crushbone and find it PACKED. They just eliminated server-wide auction channels so now EC tunnel is loaded with people selling their goods, just in original EQ.

What I did find was a lot of fun, even after levelling up, was randomly passing around buffs and doing PL for lowbies for free. I still do that on occasion. If you're starting out on P1999 send me your toon's name here via PM and I will watch for you in-game. Nothing against the rules, but I can buff you up and maybe with a half hour of PL you can get a few levels. Not charging you for this, just for fun and "to give back to the community." ;)

I just snagged the Titanium version. Will check it out tonight.

I like it

I play on P1999. Ive actually canceled all my 5 box accounts to play this instead. I really enjoy it. In addition to all the classic experience jazz you can not only group. and find groups readily, but you can solo and have it matter! Druids and necros are uber powered and can farm stuff solo that actually matters.

When i was starting out Id have lots of higher levels run past me, pause, back track, then come and hand me the random item or plat. Not only did it help me a lot but.. It showed a real devotion to the community that I have not seen on live in years. Especialy in newbie zones.

To anyone thinking about it I would heartily recommend it. You can read the walkthrough on their website but as easy as the walkthrough sounds, its even easier. Once I installed titanium it took me maybee 15 mins to do the tweaks to log in and be gtg.

On a side note thank you so much MMOBUGS team for supporting emu and puting a compire for it out there! Living without the map would be horrible. However, I agree with the people that say they would not risk using most of the MQ2 functions. The one downside to the server is as many good folks there are out there, there are just as many drama addict griefers around. They would probably relish reporting you at the suspicion let alone caught inthe act.

On a slight side note, people like to train, plane ruthlessly but especially inventively. It might be a competition among some high end guilds or something. You can read about it on their forums in the rants and flames section. I was killed by one that was just so darn clever even though it killed me and I lost a days worth of exp it was so well layed out I was smiling the whole time.

I play an Evil character and was chilling in the EC tunnel. Some random low level ran up to me and asked me if i had anything I could spare. I tossed him a fine steel sword and some cloth i happened to have not yet vended.

About 5 mins later the same said low level came running down the tunnel with some scarabs and skels etc on him. I was like oh I'll help you out, so I started blasting them and tossed him a heal. After I was engaged and on his shared hate list about 10 seconds later along came a train of 6 or so red guards / NPCS from the EC area. I was like oh shit started to run but they bee lined for me and trucked me before i made it a few steps.

What he must have done was got a sow from some high level, then took the time to aggroe things in the proper order to bring them down the tunnel in such a way that made it at first look like he was just running from lvl 3 mobs, but having a train of lvl 40's on his tail at the same time. It was quite well done im not sure how many tries that took to get right.

Anyhow, servers a blast. I would recommend anyone considering it to try it out! It's as good as you think it will be.

I have gotten a hold of alot of members in game lately lol. Im not uber but im trying to hook ya'll up

Thanks again! A little bit of bronze and ringmail instead of cloth actually makes a difference. Been away for a couple days as I settle into my new job, but should be back to playing next week. I'm up for doing a guild as well.

So i'm running around as a level 1 shaman. I couldn't pass up slow. PM me if you're interested in playing in game.

I'm thinking about playing around on here. Let me know if anyone wants to hang out or if I should play a specific class.

anyone selling some good gear for real $$ let me knowin pm. looking for full sets to twink a couple characters one full set for an int caster(necro) and a full set for a plate(bard).

Dinged my first 50! :)

Then got banned straight away good going sun!! :D

I still support MMOBugs but I do not run MQ2 on P99 I actually enjoy it.

You should all be aware of this....

Having it loaded will automatically inject itself into any EQ Client it finds that its compatible with. If it injects, we will detect it, and theres no excuse; I'll inject your face with a ban.