Anyone play on Project1999?

Just figured i'd share my experience..myself and my roommate played for a while now, post ddos attacks..donated and everything, we were reaching low 40's when we realized the majority of the guilds&40+ groups seem to all know each other..seems most of them 'share' information on what camps will be open when..this in of itself is not a huge suprise. In original EQ everyone knew everyone..but it appears the GM's have certain indiscretions when it comes to their alts/friend..I.E. if you're in their(or a friends/guilds) camp you might magically get booted to char select..go LD, or simply be removed to bind without warning..we've had this happen several times now.

Also appears recruitment to any 40+ guild is currently "closed" why exactly this is I haven't figured out yet..corruption at the higher level, but them not wanting it to be public so they can continue to get money for the server would not suprise me.

However with that said..it was fun to level, just probably won't be playing much unless they leash the tools with power.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
Also appears recruitment to any 40+ guild is currently "closed" why exactly this is I haven't figured out yet..corruption at the higher level, but them not wanting it to be public so they can continue to get money for the server would not suprise me.

Did you consider starting your own guild?

Came back to this server after playing a few months back in the spring. The server has even more people on it now, and I'm having a ton of fun.

Should come back and check it out. More people has made grouping a breeze.