Anguish

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I need 3 orbs for my alts so was planning to box an Anguish run. I play a "variety" of well-geared level 95s including a warrior with 80k HPs buffed and about 8k ac.

I've done Anguish many times when it required a raid force so I remember the basic strats. My question is in this day and age do I really need to care much about strats or can I just dps thru it?

I know I should probably plan to cure the worse of the dots. Beyond that, anything worth worrying about? I probably won't tackle OMM, mainly for reasons of time, but if things go real well who knows I might give him a shot.

(I do realize without OMM getting 3 orbs will require a second run.) :)

Last edited:
If you aren't taking omm, just dps through it man, my 90 monk pre-voa could solo everything. Your warrior will have no problem with a cleric merc.

Even OMM you can basically dps through, just kill the other mobs and you're gtg

I duo'ed all of Anguish with a 90 cleric in HoT T2 Raid gear as tank and 90 Zerker in HoT T4 group gear for DPS. The only strat you need is burn. Just DPS through it all. The cleric group heals cured everything that needed curing, which was really only the DT. It took all of maybe an hour to clear top to bottom, including aug mobs.

You can get 3 orbs without doing OMM btw. Jelvan, Hanvar and Arch Magus

Can you use Mercs in this zone? And it doesnt require 6 people, all this was changed?

Can you use Mercs in this zone? And it doesnt require 6 people, all this was changed?
Can't use mercs. And (AFAIK unless it was changed again in the last few months) you only need a group of 6 (any level) to get the instance. You don't need 6 people in the zone, just in the task.

you might have to cure yourself on kaldovian he has a debuff that blocks heals but that's if you don't kill him first

Thanks for the tips! Mucho appreciated! I will give it a shot and burn, baby burn!

Trust me, with any lvl 95 group even T1 geared, you can walk through anguish like nothing. OMM is the only one you might have to actualy try a TINY bit on.

I do it with a 95 pally and 95 monk.

95 Sk solo. VoA Raid T2. Most annoying was probably AMV for me. If you have ever done Anguish normally you should be fine.

Shield of the immaculate clicky makes AMV trivial.

Started farming this for friends coming back from the PoP era about a month ago. Aside from AMVs thing that procs cazic tough everything was pretty much tank and spank. DSK is a little more annoying due to event scripting I've found. :/

Yeah DSK requires a few people just to be able to follow the script. It's not hard to do (At 90 my cleric tanked a good portion of it) just requires that multiple things be done at once or you fail.

I got up real early this morning to run Anguish before leaving for work. Lucky for me I happened to check the EQ home page news or this patch would have kicked me out just as I got really into the run. LOL

before i sold my monk i ran thru coa many times solo 80k unbuffed T4 raid voa weaps and max aa's...with full buffs i cleared it in under an hour. Its stupidly easy the hardest part is running by mobs and not putting em in summon mode with a ripo when i didnt put my no dmg sheild in primary and having to kill them in under a second.

Basically coa is the same as xping in wos...as the game progresses content in old expansions becomes no different between raid and group game mobs die instantly with auto attack on = /