AFK Vxed Bard Macro

Well i fixed the issue for me.

I just made it unload like normal then in the next section when it plugs in, i unload it again and plug in again.. I figured I'd try it to see if maybe it was getting bugged by being reloaded so I took it out totally. After that didn't work i did the reload part and has run constant since.

This what you are talking about Mojo?

When your warping back up moveutils is bugging and you sitting in one spot spinning, in the mac you can make your guy succor sooner and you might need to do that, or buy some better gear.

This is why i usually suggest getting as many defence aa as you can to start. my bard doesnt even need the invul to start kiting now.

Thats what I did and it fixed it.. that was when I was under 70.. After i got better gear and lived a bit better , it succored, healed and when it warped back up it was fixed.

Ahh I gotcha. So with better gear, it can survive a bugged moveutils, succor, heal, and just start over again. Below level 70, and worse gear, it doesn't have time to succor and live before the bard just dies. Interesting.

As for level 70 AA per kill, I figured it with your 2:45 per kill, 22 AA, 8 hours numbers to be about 12.5% / kill. I'm getting about 25% per kill at 65, with about double the time.

So for surviveability sake, it seems better to level to 70, then AA, as the AA is less, but killing twice as fast, and more consistant due to no deaths.

Macro definitely works well once up in the spot and running around in circles. I have problems whenever it needs to restart.

Whether I warped due to low life, and I'm trying to return to keep kiting, or the instance is over, and it needs to get another one.

From the logs, in either case, I warp up to the spot, then I just die, and it /quits me out. Wish I had more logs to know more of what actually happened.

Here's mine. It started fine and went for the full 6 hrs (got me 9.75 AA) then when it came time to re-get the instance, bleh:

start:
[05/31/2009 08:32:33] Vxed AFK Bard Mac - Version: 2008_07_25
[05/31/2009 08:32:33] Handling Variables
[05/31/2009 08:32:33] Initialize:Initialize: Initializing Plugins and Cracks
[05/31/2009 08:32:45] MainThread:Reload:Checking Sequence
[05/31/2009 08:32:45] VxedGetExpedition:VxedGetExpedition: Getting a Vxed Expedition
[05/31/2009 08:32:45] PlayerCheck:playerCheck: Checking zone for players
[05/31/2009 08:32:45] PlayerCheck:playerCheck: Zone empty - continue
[05/31/2009 08:33:09] VxedZoneIn:VxedZoneIn: Zoning into Vxed
[05/31/2009 08:34:00] VxedStart:VxedStart: Warping up to start spot
[05/31/2009 08:34:18] MainThread:Status:Entering Sub-Thread
[05/31/2009 08:34:18] GetTarget:GetTarget: Getting a Target
[05/31/2009 08:38:25] GetTarget:GetTarget: Getting a Target

but at the end...
[05/31/2009 14:33:50] BardAA:Reload:Checking Sequence
[05/31/2009 14:33:50] VxedGetExpedition:VxedGetExpedition: Getting a Vxed Expedition
[05/31/2009 14:33:50] PlayerCheck:playerCheck: Checking zone for players
[05/31/2009 14:33:50] PlayerCheck:playerCheck: Zone empty - continue
[05/31/2009 14:34:14] VxedZoneIn:VxedZoneIn: Zoning into Vxed
[05/31/2009 14:35:05] VxedStart:VxedStart: Warping up to start spot
[05/31/2009 14:35:23] MainThread:Status:Entering Sub-Thread
[05/31/2009 14:35:23] GetTarget:GetTarget: Getting a Target
[05/31/2009 14:35:27] HealTwist:HealTwist: HP Low - Twisting Heal Song
[05/31/2009 14:35:31] Evac:Evac:Evac To Avoid Death
[05/31/2009 14:40:36] Initialize:Initialize: Initializing Plugins and Cracks
[05/31/2009 14:40:58] VxedStart:VxedStart: Warping up to start spot
[05/31/2009 14:41:16] GetTarget:GetTarget: Getting a Target
[05/31/2009 14:41:16] Quit:Quit: Quitting - Presumed dead

Now, I didn't witness what happened (I was, um, afk :p) but it seems like she warped up and then did nothing but take hits until she died.

Level 76 Bard, 20k hp buffed (15.8k un), 2.7k AC. While I was watching the mac (for the first 2 hrs or so), I noticed that every now and then, a mob would get close enough to take a swipe at her (and her Parry skill went up like 30 pts during this 6 hrs) but she shrugged off that damage (400ish per hit) and just kept going. I even had 180 HoT pots (level XII ones!!), just in case. :p (What? Earlier in the thread, Smarty said have a lot of heal pots...or something)

Love this mac, seriously!

Ya.. I'm getting the same exact thing, and what I think it is , is it warps back up, and then then moveutils bugs out, and so you just spin in circles, and not move. No matter how buffed you are, you'll eventually die.

Going to try Mojo's fix and double up on the load and unload of the plugins and see if that helps anything.

Edit: here's what my new vxed.inc looks like..

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------ 
|Sub: Initializing tasks
|------------------------------------------------------------ 
Sub Initialize
/varset SubRoutine1 Initialize
/varset SubRoutine2 Initialize
/echo [${Time.Time24}] ${SubRoutine1}:${SubRoutine2}: Initializing Plugins and Cracks
/mqlog ${SubRoutine1}:${SubRoutine2}:  Initializing Plugins and Cracks
	|--Start fresh by unloading plugins/turning off cracks
		/squelch /plugin MQ2DoCrackN unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin mq2moveutils unload	
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2SpeedUtils unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Twist unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Cast unload
			/delay 1s
	|--Load plugins and set cracks
		/squelch /plugin MQ2DoCrackN
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin mq2moveutils
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2SpeedUtils
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Twist
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Cast
			/delay 1s
	|--Start fresh by unloading plugins/turning off cracks
		/squelch /plugin MQ2DoCrackN unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin mq2moveutils unload	
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2SpeedUtils unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Twist unload
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Cast unload
			/delay 1s
	|--Load plugins and set cracks
		/squelch /plugin MQ2DoCrackN
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin mq2moveutils
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2SpeedUtils
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Twist
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /plugin MQ2Cast
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /docrack nostun2 on
			/delay 1s
		/squelch /docrack nomeleepush on
			/delay 1s
/return

Generally I find that there is a combo of loads/unloads that will cause a Crash to Desktop.

Not sure if it is loading it when already loaded, then unloading then loading again or what... But there is either a combo or a random CTD with MoveUtils.

I actually had a really good working one that I made and it ran for about 8 days at one stage when I went on holidays. (Was expecting a EQ welcome screen but nope, there he was running around getting the "Too much AA, xp going to normal" type message.

Have tried to recreate it but no luck :(

If you want to recreate what happens when you get pummeled, just do a /circle on 60 then press a Key to stop the circle (Forwards or backwards key) and you will stop.

Do another /circle on 60 and you will stand there on the spot and spin slowly...

It already unloads and loads once, doesnt fix a daym thing sadly, but a succor fixes it every time, why idk, just add a succor somewhere and maybe it will fix it.

All in all, the fix for this is survivability. Get to 72, gear up. Set your succor to around 60%, test and see what works for you.

I remember that anytime i did have to succor, when it warped back up it ran flawlessly regardless of the moveutil bug. If you don't agree and think that kiting at 65 is more to your liking, thats fine. You just have to check it every 6 hours and see if your running above Guild Lobby (thats my bind spot).

My bard has been running with 2 accounts /mac vxedpiggy now for 2 days straight, no hiccups, no deaths. But thats just me, maybe I'm lucky.

Wish i still had the log/screen shot, i had one bard run for 1848 hours (ok so like 1847 something close enough), then my power went out....i cried.

Doing normal exp right now. I added the double load/unload thing Mojo suggested.

I do know that it's never bugged out on me when first going, and I have seen it work once to evac/succor, and come back and work just fine. I think once I have some more hitpoints / gear, this macro will be great.

What level would you suggest running it for great lengths of time? 72 ? When did you do that binge Smarty?

haha.. So it ran all night. Did a couple evacs no problem, funny thing is, about 5 minutes later I decided to check on it again and I was dead.

Oh well, it ran all night for about 7 hours, so I'm happy with that. Once I get better gear it'll be definitely able to keep going for days and days.

i dont remember exactly when it was, but i have had bard/bards running for 3 years now? almost 3 years i cant remember for sure.

Nice. Bards are a great class for sure. I've decided I'm going to focus on defensive AAs at first with the bard, for better pulling, and offensive AAs on my monk, to focus more on DPS.

So you don't remember what level you did that binge at Smarty? Was it level 70? 75?

No clue, like i said i did 65 maxed aa, 66 maxed aa, 67 maxed aa, so on and so forth, but my bard was an uber twink.

Newer Zone for higher level bard yet ?

Any news on a newer zone for the higher levels yet ? Any info would be loved !

Hit 70 on my bard, so I went back to AA for a while. Grouped up with my 82 Druid, shrouded down to level 65.

Solo, my bard got 18% AA per kill. Grouped, it dropped to 12%, and my Druid was getting 4% / kill shrouded.

Tested it by shrouding, doing 1 kill, and then gating back and seeing how much exp gained.

So not sure what is going on with shrouds, and how 2% was last somewhere.

Tried it shrouding to level 70. Same level as my bard.

10% on bard, 6% on shroud AA exp.

Solo, bard is getting 20% .. so still losing 2-4% somewhere. Stupid shrouds. lol.

"Working as intended"

They don't give you Full XP as a shroud because everyone would just PL their toons using shroud and they weren't intended to do that, they were meant so you could group with friends that are of lower level... Unfortunately this aspect of shrouds is utterly crap due to how gimp the shrouds are.

That's true. As you say, they are pretty useless for their "intended" purpose.

Was able to get I think about 14 AA on my bard, and 6 on my Druid the other night. Not too shabby for AFK. Bard hit 70 a while ago as well, and so the extra gear has been able to make it a lot more consistant to run. :)