A story bout a GM on the 7thhammer

Damnecro

Reaction score
So there I was in Stoneroot killing witheren trying to git a stoneroot starfish with a new Zerker I had met during the boredom that was creeping in and we grouped up to help pass the time. Bout 20mins into our group his name flashes to GM green :eek:and I am thinking fuck me.
After a few awkward moments cause this guy was an asshat who had left our guild just days earlier, he comes to the point that even tho he is a Gm on the server we are playing on he would like to access 3rd party software to help pl his toons.

Now for once I had the upper hand since I was only running MQ for tracking and map this evening I felt confident he could not nail me for shit past or present.

I take a moment and decide to call bullshit on him. .....

He pauses for a second and sends me a tell from Riddle_Master. OK his story is starting to ring true but now I am sure he is violating his own rules by playing on the sever he is GMing on and interacting with "friends" course asking for 3rd party softeware is WHOLE nother bag of chips. Plausible deniability is the first thing that springs into my head and I stick with it, it also seems liek a good time to hit the report command since I am about tired of being sweated by a halfling riddler that annoys the shit outta me anyways.

The guy has some big ol stupid ballz tho asking random people for MQ, his whole explanation was that monks were most likely to have access to the kinda software he was looking for and thought he should ask me since we were in a guild together lil while ago.

throughout the whole encounter I never once said i used MQ or anything else and acted as friendly as i could before bailing. no more picking up wierdos to break up the monotany of a boring camp !!!!

Should have made a toon named Friddles and sent him a tell saying visit the free gk site. And take screen shots and report him and get him removed from whatever gm program he is involved.

I can sense chrisc's jasmine-scented anus wiggling with excitement at the very thought of what you are implying here. Wasn't the riddler GM getting attention for something else not too long ago?

You don't think have a report of him asking for that software will git him in enuff trouble? I was sorta hoping it would, cuz all that guy did while in our guild was offer outrageous amounts of plat for a powerlevel but he approaches you in such an aggressive way it just sketches ya out.

... speaking of sketchy

At least you don't have a 40+ year old man telling you how handsome you are irl while in game.

beat that.

The riddler was on Luclin yesterday for a bit.

Thats really odd, I wouldn't expect GMs to be asking people in game. Unless they can tell you are using MQ2 in some ways we don't know about. At anyrate, I'd be careful of posting the details since if he reads this site, he might come back and ban you for spite. Good job of not sending him anything, while entrapment is not legal in real life, I'm sure they could get you banned over sharing hacking information in game.

TRAP!

I was about to say, that it sounds like a trap to me. Though I think you handled it as good as you could have.

Good job. :)

Just info...

It was good of you to report, but the GM can and will slide out of "the heat" easily by saying he was just trying to find the people that were cheating. Also, there is a known GM that frequents the 7th Hammer that sells MQ2 plugins...just as info :)

I seem to remember a plugin about 2 years ago that would make you look like a GM to other players. You had no GM functionality other then /who all GM would pop your name, and the Green change of color as well. Just a thought as well.

/uber poser on

If he can use Google, he can find active cheats. This whole thing about needing to ask you is more then a little dubious.

Reminds me of the cop who gets a BJ from a hooker before arresting her.

If he can use Google, he can find active cheats. This whole thing about needing to ask you is more then a little dubious.

Reminds me of the cop who gets a BJ from a hooker before arresting her.

Thats not dubious, thats just common sense!