$200 Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask him if he feels he did nothing wrong why he is trying to give you accounts that are not his to make you go away.

post the entire log. why would you not want to embarass him? Find X-Check he can find anythign out about him.

Necroman

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=162129844

is his myspace. was listed as MERITT ISLAND, FLORIDA until yesterday, which matches up with his area code.

I would contact nefra (http://www.appotusdominus.com/forum...le&u=318&sid=b822e214bb4954907288ad7d2e47bf86 ) who also apparently lives in meritt island. she's too young to be his mom, but given the same guild and same town, I'm sure they know each other. PM me if you want her email addy. hell, if you can grab his IP address off an email header, we can see if they match up =)

grab his IP address off an email header, we can see if they match up =)
His IP will (most likely) not figure in the e-mail header. The first IP you'll see is the SMTP he uses to send the e-mail through. And to be honest, I'm guessing the e-mail address is some free/public one such as Hotmail or Gmail, which then again limits you even further as it won't even give a clue as to his ISP then.

Nefra has previously posted from at least 72.154.131.15 of that list, so there is some IRL connection between the two. probably couldnt hurt to talk to her on myspace/ad boards or email her.

You were asking to get scammed man =x

Sucks but you gotta learn somhow.

By the way, in my experience the guy moved the toons off and then got your account banned. So check your logs ( now inaccessible b/c you are banned ).

The guy stole your toons, I would be 99% sure.

--

Also, be aware they can call SoE and get every other account you made under that CC. So get a new cc or use game cards.

Isn't this getting a bit out of control?

I understand giving out his MMOBugs username and warning against him, and banning him from MMOBugs, but posting personal details (even though he is a jerk) and IP addresses is kinda taking it too far IMO. As far as I know vigilantism and stalking is not exactly legal.

Isn't this getting a bit out of control?

I understand giving out his MMOBugs username and warning against him, and banning him from MMOBugs, but posting personal details (even though he is a jerk) and IP addresses is kinda taking it too far IMO. As far as I know vigilantism and stalking is not exactly legal.

Look at this way, doing this would make others think twice you think?

Posting this information is completely legal.

Look at this way, doing this would make others think twice you think?

Posting this information is completely legal.
So you're thinking that everyone here is just reading it and then continuing without doing anything?
You think all the calls the scamming tard have received after his number was published here would have happened anyway?
Are you really this naive?

Although I don't know, I do believe that it's "completely legal" to post the information, how it's used by people are most likely not so legal. Since it can't be used by anyone for anything (legal), except curiosity, why post it in the first place?

Just as it is "completely legal" to post character names of moronic players that act stupid in-game. This doesn't mean one should do it and is usually removed right away.

Making people think twice? Sure some will, people like this jerk will just make up a new username with a new e-mail and get some number that's easily replaced (VoIP, ever heard of that? Or disposable/prepaid cellphones?). Essentially he will remember to not give out information that can be tracked to him in the future.

I stand by that this is getting out of control.

So you're thinking that everyone here is just reading it and then continuing without doing anything?
You think all the calls the scamming tard have received after his number was published here would have happened anyway?
Are you really this naive?

Show me were I said no one is using this information in an illegal manner.

Off my balls ffs, the devils advocate ploy is getting old.

Works both ways...

Maybe you deserved to lose your accounts for being so trusting... I don't think so but I'm a bit too trusting at times myself. As for this going too far, I think not. It's about 5am his time right now and I'm thinking that I'll be giving him a ring pretty quick. Nothing illegal about it at all, it's not stalking to give someone a phone call and it's not illegal to have given out his phone number. After all, he provided it in the first place.

Isn't this getting a bit out of control?.

No.

Not only is he a 'jerk', he is a criminal. Asking the users of this site to systematicaly harrass him is not in any way illegal. Asking for and entering into a pact to cause physical or finicial harm to him would be crossing the line. Being bothersome to him might make some of us assholes (in his eyes) but does not cross any legal boundries.

BB

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't actually call the guy or contact him in any way unless I was the one involved.

But hey, it sure is amusing when people get caught up in a scam on the internet and people scare them into paying the money back.

Better thing to do with this is contact a moderator or admin. Don't forget the fact that certain other sites with less credibility than a 2 cent whore at frat party take these kinds of measures when something goes down. While I agree that it is wrong for people to steal, I do also agree that there is a right way to handle things and a wrong way. At least be civil, that way if worse comes to worse, nothing can be said about you.

Legally it’s not an issue until the Dork decides to claim he is being harassed or feels threatened by your actions. You did offer money to find the guy and specifically asked others to help you harass him so that makes you skating on thin ice legally if he decides to make an issue of it. If he does, and it goes so far as to you having to state your case to someone in defense of your own actions, then the first question will be: Did you file a formal complaint against the guy for stealing your account? If you didn't you won't have much to stand on.

Sad part is, unless you take it to the next level you are just spinning your wheels and most likely giving the bad guy the ammo. If you are not willing to take it to the next level, drop it or if you decide not to, then proceed with caution cuz this ahole could turn the tables on you.

Take it for what its worth, I have a bit of experience with this. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.