Best DPS Class?

In a group setting I would use a chanter instead of a bard for caster modifier

With 3 Mages I would go with a bard. With 3 Wizards I would go with enchanter.

This is what raids do basically. Wizards have ways to lower the benefit a bard has on them to a point that they're really not needed. Enchanters have way more usefulness to a group of wizards.

With 3 Mages I would go with a bard. With 3 Wizards I would go with enchanter.

This is what raids do basically. Wizards have ways to lower the benefit a bard has on them to a point that they're really not needed. Enchanters have way more usefulness to a group of wizards.

I would also point out that Bards drastically enhance both a mage and his/her pet at the same time, so they are much more effective enhancing mages then wizards.

Last edited:
at this point sorry for hijacking the original poster's thread. Wizard is best dps currently but for the bard vs chanter topic go see this thread below.

the majority of a mages damage is from fire based spells, not pets. permanent twincast modifies spell damage more than a bards overhaste for mage pets. don't forget chanter can haste pets too and tash increases spell dmg as well.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everquest-general-chat-requests-questions/27000-enchanter-bard-4.html

erm...

No.

That's about it.

Did your mage parse include pet damage with a bard and without a bard? I can tell you right now that my mage pulls far more dps with a bard than with an enchanter.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Arcane hymn is a melee +caster proc song that can crit.

War march is 60% haste + damage shield + other stats. Great for pets and ds is great when pet tanking.

Kaficus song of suffering. I see you didn't add that in to your parse. 6800dmg(ish) melee proc that can crit

Aria of VaKer - triple attack + flurry + pet flurry + 25% over haste and 41% added damage to spells

Gosiks Aura - + damage to fire spells.

Mana regen/endurance regen - less down time within the group, more mana/endurance available to players to use more skills and cast more spells.

What about rumbling? Did you cast that and let the pet feed off of the bard songs?

Servant of Ro?

Host of the Elements?

Spire AAs on bard?

Reflexive disc that gives free mana?

There is more to a mage than casting only three nukes. You can not prove that enchanters are better than bards in a mage group when you fail to utilize the full potential of the bard/mage combo.

Enchanters might be better for wizards but no way in hell are they better for mages.

No way they're better for mages simply because of Aria's spell damage mod. Wizards have ways to get the bonus without a bard.

The parses did include pet damage. bard buffs are not persistent.. Read the chanter vs bard thread.

Bard / Arcane Hymm / Gosikas Aria / Aria of VaKer / Protan March
Enchanter / Twincast / Mana Reiteration / Tash / Slow

Riot post your comparison parses, if you have a chanter. the other thread shows all of the songs you just listed. the mages are the constant you can weave 5 spells or 2 as long as you do the same for both variables (bard or chanter) you have a decent comparison.

Last edited:
gamparse always fails on my computer. i can't even get it to read a log file right now. last time i had it downloaded it would only read melee damage and no spell damage. if i get it to work then i'll post some numbers from my mage and bard combo. i don't have access to a lvl 100 enchanter so i won't be able to post that until i find one.

me too for some reason gameparse lags the sheet out of my drive array. im curious to see what my mage pets doo when twisting kaficus instead of arcane hymm. i'll post them this weekend hopefully

Swap out fickle for something else too unless you're monitoring fickle buff vs debuff. That is not a constant and can sway the dps one way or the other. A buff for one and debuff for the other makes a big difference and neither of them are impacted by bard or enchanter.

guess my wizards are lacking since they never outparse me .....

just cause a person owns a sports car doesnt make him an actual race car driver.....

Ele Form Fire on a Mage blocks all druid aura / bard aria / chanter dmg aura etc

which is the most useful?

been using ele form fire over all of the above, but should i just be in ele form water?

Ele Form Fire on a Mage blocks all druid aura / bard aria / chanter dmg aura etc

which is the most useful?

been using ele form fire over all of the above, but should i just be in ele form water?

Weird, got all three up on mage right now. Aria, Aura, and Elemental Form: Fire.

They stack but the benefits don't iirc. Highest one only.

Some people posted some good ideas.. and most are true depending on the condition/make-up of the main...

But from my personal experience.... a Bard is ALWAYS a great boxing toon to have with you. Doesn't mattter if you are pure melee/hybrid/pure caster ... bard has at least 2 to 3 songs that will help damage output of any class he groups with.. and songs to benefit specific lines your main uses.

Just my experience talking.

Interesting. I recently came back and started a new bot group relative to what I knew back when I last played in house of thule. My group currently consists of:

Code:
Paladin
Cleric
Enchanter

Beastlord
Ranger
Berserker
Would it be worth it to drop any of the DPS I currently have for a wizard?