AFK Vxed Bard Macro

AFK Macro

I have 2 bards (don't ask) and I box on 1 computer. If i have one up on the screen when i afk, the other one dies. I guessing it has something to do with the frame rate being dropped or something....any ideas on how i can afk run 2 at once?

Also i had to make a vxed2 for one bard because 1.3 wasn't fast enough, had to be on 1.7 to live....not sure why just thought i would tell you. 1.3 was fast enough for my first bard.

The macs how they are wont work for everyone, some dont have enough hp to run normal speed like my bards, so some have to run faster to keep mobs farther away. Heck, i dont even use invul to get to camp spot anymore.

Well i can understand that, however the one that dies every time, if i leave his window up instead of the other one, the other one dies and it lives. Happens consistently so its something to do with the window not being open. I don't blame your macro i blame working on once PC...just need to figure out a way around the problem.

Well i can understand that, however the one that dies every time, if i leave his window up instead of the other one, the other one dies and it lives. Happens consistently so its something to do with the window not being open. I don't blame your macro i blame working on once PC...just need to figure out a way around the problem.

you might try messing with mq2fps, this helped me keep some FPS while in backround.

I looked at the how-to and it wasn't very descriptive for my feeble mind. What command should i use in this situation? Thanks in advance, it shows great promise.

Macro at 84

I have a decently geared (22k) 84 bard with 2200 AAs that I am now running this macro on with some lowbie spells (mid and lower 60s). To start, the macro runs perfectly (although the .inc calls for a /cast 9 and the .mac notes do not tell you what spell to put in slot 9 - I assume invulnerability is supposed to be in 9 and not 8 as the mac reads). However, thus far the exp on my HUD has not moved at all despite the mobs being green and reporting experience as they die. I popped a lesson just to see if I could get it to move and evidently I am just too uber for this to be very worthwhile at 84. With lesson running and at 100 % aaxp I was getting 2.42 % per kill aaxp. I know I am actually getting regular exp since it moves in .30 % increments, but at this rate it would take me weeks. Great mac, though. If someone wants to make me one of these for a newer instance or a really discreet zone I would gladly send them some money, say $30?

My bard will be in Vxed until the phone rings . . .

Ya, after 80 it REALLY REALLY slows down. Far as new places i am still working a good spot were i dont die every hour.

Demon, how much RAM are you running? If a toon is dying when you are in the other window, then that toon is lagging to much. You probably need to increase your RAM as much as you can, or can afford.

quad core with 4 gigs of ram...doubt its the ram..could be wrong

anytime you switch between EQ "screens" it lags the secondary one. tested it on my old comp with 1-3 gigs of ram, fps on secondary didnt change at all from the the ram and every time went from 50 fps to around 10, my bard can still kite at 10 apparently tho, not sure what your deal is would have to have a in depth conversation about it.

Update

24 hours gives about 8.14 % reg exp at level 84 with 100 % going to regular exp. I will probably use this to finish 84 but I would love to pay someone to make me something better in a higher level zone ;)

quad core with 4 gigs of ram...doubt its the ram..could be wrong

Yeah, that should run 6-8 toons OK......dunno bro, I have 4 gigs and never seem to have to much od a problem. I will lag sometimes, but never enough to get a toon killed. Are you running with all the options on? But, with a quad and 4 gig, it really still shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that you have a fairly decent video card also and that all the drivers are up to date.

I am working hard core on a new one, just hard to find the right zone, new one coming might not be 100% afk, would have to restart the mac (or rather zone in atleast) by hand

icefall was giving me really good exp, and usually no one there anymore. ran it for 4 days straight and only had 4 ppl ever zone in with me.

i'd look into that...at spiders of course

that was at 85 regular or aa exp...

Last edited:
I do my best to stay away from static zones and always trying to do instances.

might have to give in and do another zone that no one goes to tho.

Correct, video card isn't top of the line but it definitely shouldnt have any problems with eq. I am only 2 boxing....and it kites fine it just goes splat on like...regetting the instance and respawns. Looking forward to your macro mr. smarty.

oh it only splats when it regets? I know alot of times, even tho mac unloads and reloads moveutils, circle will fuck up and bard will sit in one spot spinning,

if bard is under 10k he might not warp to succor fast enough, idk what i have the mac default succor hp set to, but it might be to low.

icefall was giving me really good exp, and usually no one there anymore. ran it for 4 days straight and only had 4 ppl ever zone in with me.

i'd look into that...at spiders of course

that was at 85 regular or aa exp...

I have a macro for kiting the bears in the tunnels, but the exp is painfully slow at the higher levels (it was decent though from 75-80).

It was worth the risk vs reward back then, but 81+ I'm not so sure.

currently working on a place in mechgauardian, i'd say with luck i will be working on a mac for it in 1 week.