Zoning into OLD unvamped zones?

Xayd

Reaction score
Ok theres this guy that knows how to zone into the old zones for example oasis...anyone got any information on this?
Told me to who him and it turned out right, was going into other old zones too like freeport and stuff...

Ok theres this guy that knows how to zone into the old zones for example oasis...anyone got any information on this?
Told me to who him and it turned out right, was going into other old zones too like freeport and stuff...

All you need is the ability to use the *real* /zone command. :)

He may have kept the old zone files backed up somewhere, not sure.

This happened to me sometime ago... zoned into the old pre-vamp lavastorm by accident. It was super weird... I freaked and immediately /gated.

All of the "decomissioned" zones are still live on the server (for reasons that escape me).

I know guides (or anyone *GM* flagged) can get to them with the /zone command. Since there are not "connections" to those zones any longer it seems odd that your friend can get there.

It would be like somehow getting to the CSHOME zone ( truly a zone with no zone line to connect to).

Occasionally (if a toon is bugged) a GM will log into the avatar and give it a GM flag (in order to fix it). If they don't unflag the avatar then your friend would have limited GM powers (including /zone). Maybe that's how they got there.

This happened to me sometime ago... zoned into the old pre-vamp lavastorm by accident. It was super weird... I freaked and immediately /gated.

Were there any mobs in there?

I can't really recall 100%, but I seem to remember it being empty.

i got put into oasis before after i died in a anguish run and got mad and logged off with out zoneing to gl or gtetting rez when i came back i was there someone told me if you die in a task or some shit and dont zone out and log it will put you in the last place you did a ldon at dont know if its true but ah well my info

This happened to me once right after i did a task got disconected and ended up in oaisis of mar and was getting beat on by some big named giant. weird thing was i was like half way into the ground to was all kind of weird.

I say tops is prolly right on. I have had this LDON thing happen to me once or twice in the past. also guessing the old zones still connect to other old zones, that you could just zone into old zones once your in another untill you hit a connector with a new zone attached.