Zonewide Rare Sploit ?

Both items i bought are now gone and i got no idea how im gunna get my money back. one i bought from this site even :/

I cant blame those that i bought them from i guess.

I cant blame those that i bought them from i guess.

True man, just really stinks. They want the items to drop like every 1 out of 5000 mobs. I honestly think they could have left the original items in and just readjusted the drop rate. Mind you I don't have any of these items I am just thinking that would have been the best solution. The economy of this game will never be fixed so what would have been the issue if they left the items in game.

Funny thing is, this will probably put a dent into Krono demand (and thus sales) for awhile.

Make something that ups Krono sales and gives plat value again - and *poof,* blow it all up. Good planning, SOE!

I have stopped buying and selling these items and am waiting things out to see what is going to happen but if they delete all my items I will be pissed ... I have already spent all the money and Kronos I made selling items to buy other items on various servers ...

so fingers crossed

Just another datapoint...

The zonewide rare item I looted myself in a non-instance zone has not been deleted (yet).

I didn't get the one i sold wil in the exploit it was a heroic but not the one people were exploiting. So they're probably deleting any that were gained from a heroic/mission. That being said I have refunded his money.

I didn't get the one i sold wil in the exploit it was a heroic but not the one people were exploiting. So they're probably deleting any that were gained from a heroic/mission. That being said I have refunded his money.

the bonus to doing business on this site. We have more members like William then bad.

I guess tempers are starting to flare up a bit on the eq forums:

Pirouette said: ↑
“And how do you propose they identify the difference between those who picked the NPC intentionally and those who simply happened to kill it?”

Because we know where those items were acquired, and what was done to acquire them. Some of you apparently don't think we can track everything you do in the game.
Elidroth, 28 minutes ago #1012Last edited by Elidroth, 27 minutes ago

I'm not commenting further here beyond saying BIG kudos to those sellers who refund purchase price for such items. That's doing business the RIGHT way.

Because we know where those items were acquired, and what was done to acquire them. Some of you apparently don't think we can track everything you do in the game.
Elidroth, 28 minutes ago #1012Last edited by Elidroth, 27 minutes ago

That made me LOL for reals.

I remember a time when sploits like these stayed hush hush in game for a long long time before devs/GMs discovered them. This was also back during a time when more people were playing this game too. Now WAY less people play this game, and sploits such as these are found out this fast? What gives? Are people just too mouthy these days? Whats going on?

Social media made everyone want to be noticed and heard all the time. People are more mouthy now and a bit nutty nowadays.

Cuz this was a darn BIG sploit. Items like these "flooding" the market, pretty hard to stay under the radar. Just selling them is pinging it big time!

I remember a time when sploits like these stayed hush hush in game for a long long time before devs/GMs discovered them. This was also back during a time when more people were playing this game too. Now WAY less people play this game, and sploits such as these are found out this fast? What gives? Are people just too mouthy these days? Whats going on?

Multiple people were catching on, it honestly wasn't that difficult to figure out. It just took chaining an HA and noticing a pattern. Since it was double exp, many people were doing just that.

I started noticing the pattern myself, but didn't pinpoint it exactly. Found out exactly what it was after it was nerfed.

Last edited:
Thing is they removed items from people who did not get them from the exploit.