Will you buy The Darkened Sea expansion?

Will you buy The Darkened Sea expansion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a sucker for new spells, new AAs and ESPECIALLY new levels.

And what exactly do you get out of it? The spells are the same spells as before, just with higher stats and another dumb name. AA is just more of the same and 4 of the 5 new levels are irrelevant.

I refused to buy it. I was in a raiding guild, we were part of the beta, and it was such a broken piece of shit I quit. Not buying the expansion was not an option. So I left. Back to WoW for now.

Totally agree. This time I decided to speak with my dollars, even though I could easily afford the expansion for all my accounts (and I have alot). I'll just wait till they offer atleast a 50% discount, because in all fairness the expansion is not worth $40 to me. You can make a comparison that its more value than going to the movies as Piestro famously likes do, but I could make the comparison that I get more content out of a WoW expansion for the same price. Speaking with my dollars this time around.

Btw, the WoW expansion comes out in like 2 months and boosts you all the way to level 90.

And what exactly do you get out of it? The spells are the same spells as before, just with higher stats and another dumb name. AA is just more of the same and 4 of the 5 new levels are irrelevant.

I refused to buy it. I was in a raiding guild, we were part of the beta, and it was such a broken piece of shit I quit. Not buying the expansion was not an option. So I left. Back to WoW for now.

I get being COOLER...

Totally agree. This time I decided to speak with my dollars, even though I could easily afford the expansion for all my accounts (and I have alot). I'll just wait till they offer atleast a 50% discount, because in all fairness the expansion is not worth $40 to me. You can make a comparison that its more value than going to the movies as Piestro famously likes do, but I could make the comparison that I get more content out of a WoW expansion for the same price. Speaking with my dollars this time around.

Btw, the WoW expansion comes out in like 2 months and boosts you all the way to level 90.

You can already buy the boost to 90 for $60 or $65 in WoW...

With that said, I've really enjoyed TDS so far. It's been fun and worth my money, but that's just my opinion. To each their own!

Now that close to a 100 people have voted, looks like the expansion sold pretty well. 85% bought or are planning on buying the expansion, while only 15% don't plan on buying it (although I'm sure that number is a bit lower, as a lot of people say they are not, but will).

I figure buying an expansion annually is like adding $3 a month to my sub costs. Considering how I have paid for my subs with heavily-discounted Station Cash in the past, and/or can buy kronos with plat I pharm in-game, I just don't see the problem with $39 a year to keep my active subs current.

Each to his own but with the time and effort most of us have invested in this game it's hard for me to fathom not buying an annual expansion, EVEN IF it isn't as good as we would like. It's surely a better deal than $7 beers at the football game or $4 sodas at the movies and people drop dollars for those all the time.

With WoD releasing almost at the same time as this Xpac I think they did the right thing with giving us a 'crappy' xpac if you will.

People were gonna quit anyway for WoD, If they time a good xpac right with the new PoP only TLP servers they could end up bringing a ton of subs back.