wierd client lag

hytiek

Reaction score
Hey all

Just curious if anyone else has experience this kind of lag before:

I run 4 toons, one is a bard. The problem only happens with the bard. The problem is the oddest thing that I've ever seen in the game over the last decade.

Problem encountered:

What seems to be client lag. With the bard, I run, tag a mob, and see if chasing me on the map and in screen, although the mob doesn't appear in the Extended Target window (the 6 angry mob list). I start attacking the mob with my crew and the bard client doesn't recognize this. I kill the mob (30-40seconds) and then the bard client starts to catch up. Once this happens, it just gets worse. Starts out to be like a 30second delay, upwards of about 3 minutes. Randomly the bard will disconnect (LD) without any percentage count down (upper left corner - F11).

Has any one seen this?

BTW this is experienced using mmobugs + isboxer, mmobugs by itself, isboxer by itself, and even running (be sure you're sitting down) -- the EQ client by itself with no cheats (I know, even I was surprised).

I've tried running the bard by itself, still happens. I try running the bard on a different "instance" (of the 4 box I run) -- still happens.

I reboot my PC + Router, and things seem to get better for a little while. The only thing that I can imagine that could be causing the problem is the router (delayed packets?) but I'm not a network kind of guy.

Thoughts??

How long has the problem been happening?

Do you run different ui's on each account?

Have you checked to make sure all memory settings in eq are the same on each box ?

Ive seen had this happen to me a few times in the past and it is usually one of those three things.

Since its only happening on the bards account im assuming whether you box or not.

since im assuming that you have multiple eq files because you mentioned you tried loading him up on other boxes if he didn't have an ini there it would set him up with default. Which should solve the problem i will also ask if his ini's are the same between your separate eq folders.

All toons on same machine. All toons using same (default) UI. All settings are the same (copied from primary toon).

Wierd huh...

Try leaving out a toon and run (log in one less character). See if you still have problems with the bard.

Try leaving out a toon and run (log in one less character). See if you still have problems with the bard.

Has something to do with any toon logging to disk. I usually have log on one or more toons. Turned it off to see if it was disk related and it seems to be exactly where the problem is.

Just for shits and giggles what are your computer specs?

Average. =)

Ok really:

Intel Quad Core2 2.6ghz
GTS 250 Nvidia
8gb ram
1TB (SATA drive)
+ forum spammer tonight behind the keyboard

Average. =)

Ok really:

Intel Quad Core2 2.6ghz
GTS 250 Nvidia
8gb ram
1TB (SATA drive)
+ forum spammer tonight behind the keyboard

so basically something around a q6600 line.

Unless you are having hardware issues the pc should handle 4 no problem.

I was serious with the fdisk. Starting clean is always a good step.

very odd you shouldn't have any issues running 5-6 acounts on that rig i have something similar for a secondary computer and run 5-6 on it np with out lag.

hate to say it but JJ is correct. It may take alot longer to diagnose the issue then to just reinstall so u may want to start over with a fresh install.

Make a back up of eq and mq folders etc.(save you repatching the game)

With a single hd not in a raid it shouldn't take long at all really. I did that a few days ago and it took about 2hrs or less to install windows + all needed drivers to get me up to speed on the extra box.

Dont forget to export your browser bookmarks/favorites to backup spot also to later import into the new install. (great time saver) Its very annoying to loose all those bookmarks you've acquired over the years.. (you can retrieve them even if not exported to a save file but not once the disc has been formatted, they will be gone)

if i had to guess id think it could be a firewall issue possibly not opening enough ports or letting enough info thru certain ports possibly. Windows has a built in Firewall and cheesy Anti virus (windows defender) if you install other ones and dont disable those it may cause issues also.

I've had odd lag issues with having the journal enabled in the past, that may do it.

I think he mentioned yesterday in irc, he turned off logging on his bard (/log), and the problem went away.

htw