What to do in EQ?

cadman

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Stupid question I'll admit, but honestly, EQ has temporarily lost it's shine. Which sucks because I have 3 paid up gold accounts for the next 6 months or so. Guess it happens to everyone, but how do you guys deal with the occasional EQ burnout?

Haven't finished ANY expansion by a long shot, but CoTF doesn't hold much interest for me.

Stupid question I'll admit, but honestly, EQ has temporarily lost it's shine. Which sucks because I have 3 paid up gold accounts for the next 6 months or so. Guess it happens to everyone, but how do you guys deal with the occasional EQ burnout?

Haven't finished ANY expansion by a long shot, but CoTF doesn't hold much interest for me.

Do some old quests, box some old raids. I take frequent breaks real life > all. Norrath will always be there when you wish to return. I know 3 gold accounts cost a bit but still is cheaper than going out to a club three times a month at NYC prices and safer too.

Make new alts, twink them if you really want to make it easy, and level them up in Old World zones. Works for me but I'm an old-timer and it brings back good ole memories of the early days. :)

make a toon on FV and twink the crap out of it and /d random people in the tutorial.. try to keep the toon at lvl 1.. so log into the world for the 1st time not through the tutorial then log into it via the character select screen!

become an Altoholic like myself and farm the hell out of time/anguish/tacvi to gear them and then move on to DoN/Demi/Deathknell and farm those raids.

of flag yourself and your crew for AG and FC raids and work on farming the high elf and violet sporali illusions

Good suggestions, thanks all. Think I will try the alt thing for a while, interspersed with some other games every now and then. Bought skyrim during the summer steam sale, could always load that up and see what it's like.

Personally I like to try and optimise groups with the macros. I don't really care so much about most of the bots nor about the zone. I just enjoy tinkering with the macros ;-)

Fuck Moderators

Go post on the EQ announcement forums about how their server problems are not yours because you paid for those servers. Call out the Asian account sellers. See how many posts you can get in before you get suspended.

Lol. I should complain about their continual modding of eqgame.exe because it messes up my botting.

I kind of punch out of EQ every now and then, but I just leave my bots running to generate plat/TS items 24/7 and then when Im back in the EQ mood I get on and do actual quests and missions.

Also, I have noticed since becoming an MQ2er it turns me into a bit of an isolationist, both in the sense that I want to stay away from real players that could detect me as a dirty cheater but also in the sense that I dont really NEED anybody anymore, I can do everything except raid end game on my own.

That being said, it can sometimes be enlightening to delve back into the "social" aspect of the game and just get on a single toon and do some PUGs playing for real, chatting with the group and making friends.

Its easy to leave that social aspect of the game behind you as an MQ2er and forget how fun that used to be and what a big part of the game it really is.

I kind of punch out of EQ every now and then, but I just leave my bots running to generate plat/TS items 24/7 and then when Im back in the EQ mood I get on and do actual quests and missions.

Also, I have noticed since becoming an MQ2er it turns me into a bit of an isolationist, both in the sense that I want to stay away from real players that could detect me as a dirty cheater but also in the sense that I dont really NEED anybody anymore, I can do everything except raid end game on my own.

That being said, it can sometimes be enlightening to delve back into the "social" aspect of the game and just get on a single toon and do some PUGs playing for real, chatting with the group and making friends.

Its easy to leave that social aspect of the game behind you as an MQ2er and forget how fun that used to be and what a big part of the game it really is.

MUAHAHAHA, the plan is working exactly as I imagined!

1. Isolate Orion949
2. Solicit the butt secks from Orion949
3. (space left intentionally blank)

Last edited:

1. Isolate Orion949

HAHAH!!! Little did you know, you didnt need an elaborate plan...you could have just asked for the butt secks, Im easy like that.

1. Isolate Orion949

HAHAH!!! Little did you know, you didnt need an elaborate plan...you could have just asked for the butt secks, Im easy like that.

I know, but hatching a plan makes it seem more monumental. Since you get around, I have to do something to make me feel like one of a kind.