Boxing Solteris Guide

PumpThump

Reaction score
I just got done clearing Solteris with my minimal Box crew and thought I'd do a writeup of what I learned and what worked since I had to do a LOT of trial and error given missing information in strats I read...

First of all, all events were done with the same crew, except for a 95 Wiz thrown in on Event 2. My crew is a 100 Shd (about 80k hp with Cleric only buffs), 100 Clr (58k mana), 100 Brd, and 100 Ber all with about 6.5k AAs. They are also all Silver accounts, so better geared or different class combos will change things.

On all events all the cleric did 99% of the time was have Shining Bastion on everyone and refreshed level 100 group HoT. Seldom were single target heals needed, and cures were done as needed.

Event 1: Mayong's Mistresses

Set up camp near Brenda and ran an automated mac (bot.mac should work, I use my own home-brew). Bard was controlled manually and did all clicking, pulling, looting, etc. Bard starts event with hail, then immediately activates guardians 1, 5, and 7 to bring to group. When group has only one left Bard goes and pulls 2, 6, and 9. By the time Bard gets back to group the first three are dead, they get looted and handed to Brenda. Once again, when group has 1 mob left Bard runs and pulls 3, 4, and 8. Bard comes back, loots 2, 6, and 9 to hand to Athena. Soon as the rest are dead, they get looted to hand to Christine. With my DPS and this strategy, the hand-ins get finished with only about 10-15 seconds to spare so no wasting time. Once hand-ins are done the sisters walk around and kill each other, and Brenda is left right next to you. She will not have the knockback ability to get everyone booted from zone so easy kill from there.

Event 2: Aprosis

This is the event I pulled in a 95 Wiz for, given that Aprosis needs to be elementally nuked at certain times or he boots a player. I wrote a small mac, which I can give out upon request, that has the wiz sit there and wait for the macros and then fires off the needed nukes to prevent banishment. First just run up to Lochmaul (who is perma rooted) and start killing. When a wave of adds hit I just AE-Aggroed with SK and ignored them. When Lochmaul dies Aprosis will run up, and I was able to clear adds before he got there. Only difference with Aprosis is the Banishment and the AE Wave of Eternal Night (blindness and silence). The only thing to watch out for is the Wiz being silenced when the nukes need casting, but the fight should go quick enough that he only attempts to banish a couple times.

Event 3: Stalwart Defenders

Pain in the Ass, but here's what got me the win in the end. Equip a doll in the SK's primary hand (non-damage) and a shield in the other to prevent any and all riposting. Riposting from a current-era weapon will do enough damage to throw off the balance and fail the event. Likewise, I had to run the Zerker way out of range, because if he became Ramp-tank then he would riposte and throw off the balance, failing the event. Also, turn off all DS (and don't sing any DS songs) because, once again, this event sucks so much than a few lucky swings from a golem will throw off the event with just DS. Now that all of that crap is out of the way... I wrote another small macro that would cycle all XTarget targets and re-target and attack the highest HP one every second (can give out macro upon request). First I tried using the SK to DPS, but having a weapon caused Ripostes and lead to a fail, which is why I warned to it up above. So I had my Bard, singing a Jonathan's song for haste (non-DS) run the macro on each wave and won the event that way while keeping all aggro on SK. It took a long ass time, but I would just walk away from the computer for like 5-10 minutes at a time and just come back to restart the balance macro on a new wave.

Event 4: Astire

With so few characters, Bite of the Lycanthrope can cause a wipe over time. After I learned from that mistake I decided to have the Bard target cleric, sing Aria of Absolution (And ONLY that song), and so the bard sat there curing the Cleric every few seconds and did nothing else. That let the Cleric always be able to cure the DPS as needed and be able to win the fight. I completely ignored all adds until Astire was dead, and even had about 50 adds by that time but they were meaningless with Shining Bastion on. The gargoyles would try their Spreading Stone DT, but there were so many Gargoyles by the end that they would just permanently refresh the DT time so it would never go off. Once I kept the Cleric perma-cured this became one of the easiest events in zone.

Event 5: Irrissa

Biggest PITA event in zone, and caused me many, many fails and resets until I got the strategy down. And once I had a strategy down I had to completely win the event 4 times before a chest popped. I learned quick that just trying to power through all the adds and kill her as fast as possible like the other events was not going to work. The adds that show up every 2% are LB to 100 and definitely add up quickly, not to mention the clones. Screw you Irrissa... First I used SK to grab her attention and sit near the portal. Then I had zerker run all over killing all random roaming adds just to make things neater. Bard was once again on almost perma Cleric-curing duty due to another silence (this one lasting 40 seconds). DPS had to be very controlled on Irrissa, so Zerker almost never got to touch her. SK and Bard would DPS down 2% to where a summoner would become active, and zerker would (hopefully) take it down with Decaps. Every 2% of Irrissa's life a summoner comes active (even ones that previously came active and weren't fully killed so you get a second shot), so just repeated this process untill all summoners were dead. Have to watch out for the 90% clone though, as aggro gets a weird shift as things jump around. Once summoners are down I move the fight down to Irrissa's spawn point, as that is where it seems like the clones spawn. It becomes a long fight due to not being able to use the Zerker much, but cleric stayed FM most of the fight (being able to use Quiet Miracle a couple times over the entire fight). When clones pop make sure the real Irrissa shows back up before you kill clones or you can screw the event. When Irrissa hit 11% I turned off all attacks and DPS'd the rest of the way with only SK pet, nukes, and DoTs since too many Finishing Blows left me with a corpse but no chest cause it skipped the last clones. She is also AE rampaging by this point, so move zerker out of melee range. Else you'll be lucky like me, have the zerker riposte when Irrissa is 1% and get a double Finishing Blow and leave you with a corpse and no chest. The 0% clone has to be in action before you officially kill her.

Event 6: Commodus

Easy event once I figured out how to handle it. First I put the doll back in the SK's hands to prevent ripostes, and had him hold off the Aspects while Zerker ran around and killed all little adds. Then I ran away and let event reset, came back and set back up. The Aspects are painful when they powerup, and 8 Aspects hitting at 11k-13k ish really hurts. However, if you stay far enough away from the event you can pull 2 aspects at a time and it's extremely easy like that. They seem leashed to a partner, as once I had a 3 pull and one decided to go back to his buddy. Be sure to check characters for Commodus's DT (32k DoT) trigger and get it cured. I had my SK go down on last Aspect due to it, but Commodus is such a wimp that my Bard/Zerker took him mostly down before I had him battle rezed and back in fight.

Event 7: Two Gods

This event get's rather chaotic but I was never in danger of a wipe. In fact it was the only Solteris event I finished first try. Mayong's bats and Solusek's elementals are trivial. I never bothered to target a single one, and they always killed themselves on DS and ripostes and never left a dent in any of my characters due to Shining Bastion. DPS Mayong from 100 to 0, and get annoyed every time the bats spawn. DPS Solusek down to 75%, then dual-tank both gods, and get really annoyed when bats spawn and everyone flies everywhere (knockback). I didn't bother balancing, and just burned Solusek down and never even noticed that Mayong was hitting harder. I also never noticed/cared about whatever DT Solusek apparently has. Mayong had regened to 100% by time Solusek was dead, so started burning him. At 50% things get real slow as I had to keep running DPSers away from Melee-range DT. I lost my tank once to the DT, as I didn't notice he had switched to the zerker, but was able to battle rez and he never dented the remaining characters. He would usually throw out his DT emote about 10 seconds or so before his first emote indicating bats (I never looted or clicked any bane items), so it was an easy pattern to follow. Sometimes it felt like his hp would just rise, as each time he warps he regens 5% or so, so it is a really long fight at that point. And he is level 90, so no Decapping from the Zerker. Soon as he hit 10% though he dropped like a sack of potatoes given a shit-ton of Finishing Blows all at once.

Here are the two macros I mentioned above.

Balancing Mac:

This could probably be made to go faster if it switched every 2% or something, but I was overcautious after about 5 failed events. Just start macro after all mobs that need balanced are on XTarget.

Code:
#turbo 80

Sub Main

/declare highhppct int outer 99

:BalanceLoop
	/if (${Me.XTarget}==0) /end
	/if (!${Target.ID}) /target id ${Me.XTarget[1].ID}
	/call HighHP
	/if (!${Me.Combat}) /killthis
	/goto :BalanceLoop

/end

sub HighHP
	/declare x int local 0
	/declare LowHP int local ${Target.PctHPs}
	/declare LowHPID int local ${Target.ID}
	/declare HighHP int local 0
	/declare HighHPID int local 0
	/for x 1 to ${Me.XTarget}
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}<${LowHP}) {
			/varset LowHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}
			/varset LowHPID ${Target.ID}
		}
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}>${HighHP}) {
			/varset HighHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}
			/varset HighHPID ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.ID}
		}
	/next x
|	/echo ${HighHP} ${LowHP}
	/declare HPDiff int local 0
	/varcalc HPDiff ${HighHP}-${LowHP}
|	/echo ${HPDiff}
	/if (${HPDiff}>=2 && ${Target.ID}!=${HighHPID}) /target id ${HighHPID}
	/delay 15
/return

Aprosis Mac:

Have to make sure that all 9 needed nukes are memorized. If you want to use different elemental nukes with a different leveled wiz or another class just change the nuke names in the variables.

Code:
#turbo 80
#include spell_routines.inc

#event IceNukes "#*#ball of freezing energy#*#"
#event FireNukes "#*#ball of blazing energy#*#"
#event MagicNukes "#*#ball of arcane energy#*#"

Sub Main

/declare IceNuke1 string outer "Cold Snap"
/declare IceNuke2 string outer "Rimelure"
/declare IceNuke3 string outer "Lure of Isaz"
/declare FireNuke1 string outer "Flashfires"
/declare FireNuke2 string outer "Lavalure"
/declare FireNuke3 string outer "Pyrolure"
/declare MagicNuke1 string outer "Cloudburst Strike"
/declare MagicNuke2 string outer "Leap of Shocking Bolts"
/declare MagicNuke3 string outer "Leap of Static Bolts"

/memspellset Solt2

:FightLoop
/if (${Target.ID}!=${Spawn[npc "Aprosis the Fourth Confidant"].ID} && ${Spawn[npc "Aprosis the Fourth Confidant"].ID}) /target npc Aprosis the Fourth Confidant
/doevents
/goto :FightLoop

/end

Sub Event_IceNukes
	/bc Casting Ice Nukes
	/declare x int local 1
	/declare y int local 1
	/for x 1 to 3
		/call cast ${IceNuke${x}}
		/if (${x}<3) {
			/varcalc y ${y}+1
			:WaitOnIce
			/if (!${Me.SpellReady[${IceNuke${y}}]}) /goto :WaitOnIce
		}
	/next x
/return

Sub Event_FireNukes
	/bc Casting Fire Nukes
	/declare x int local 1
	/declare y int local 1
	/for x 1 to 3
		/call cast ${FireNuke${x}}
		/if (${x}<3) {
			/varcalc y ${y}+1
			:WaitOnFire
			/if (!${Me.SpellReady[${FireNuke${y}}]}) /goto :WaitOnFire
		}
	/next x
/return

Sub Event_MagicNukes
	/bc Casting Magic Nukes
	/declare x int local 1
	/declare y int local 1
	/for x 1 to 3
		/call cast ${MagicNuke${x}}
		/if (${x}<3) {
			/varcalc y ${y}+1
			:WaitOnMagic
			/if (!${Me.SpellReady[${MagicNuke${y}}]}) /goto :WaitOnMagic
		}
	/next x
/return

Last edited:
Very nice write up. Almost enough to lure me back for red skelly illusion.

thanks very much for the write up been trying to box solteris for awhile now

I had multiple requests for the macros I wrote for the events so I went ahead and edited my original post to include them.

do you need to do the task arc to get access or can you click in?

do you need to do the task arc to get access or can you click in?

I believe only the raid leader must have the progression done to initiate the raid expedition. Anyone who just participates has to be level 75+ (I think).

what else is there for comadus, i cant seem to get him to spawn

what else is there for comadus, i cant seem to get him to spawn

Depends what you mean exactly.

He spawns once the first 4 events are cleared. Once he is up he is not attackable until all of his Constructs are dead. You must make sure ALL constructs are dead at the same time and then pull him instantly. I've had issues with my strategy where if I go as little as 5 seconds without aggro on a Construct or Commodus then the event has reset on me.

lol all i did was run the balance mac and finally got him to spawn.

Great guide, failed on the 3rd one though. Macro didnt play well and got some massive video lag. Mob also went invis (No Idea what thats about)

Great guide, failed on the 3rd one though. Macro didnt play well and got some massive video lag. Mob also went invis (No Idea what thats about)

I've no idea what the video lag would be other than your computer isn't powerful enough to do what you are trying to do. I run 8-10 EQ windows at a time and the video lag is manageable.

No idea what you mean by going invis either unless you give more information. Did he fall into the Lava? Did you actually fail and have the adds spawn?

umm if you balance the first 4 to 50 the other 4 come at 60% so was easy to balance from that, i used a rogue just using auto attack cause if i backstabbed i would do 5% atleast also i had no puddles either and the solar winds adds were reduced aswell. My rogue put outs 9k dps without bsing. was thinking about using panther line but had rogue poison on so that event took 8 mins from start to finish including burning the boss.

pump i would run mq2melee using /melee off and start the macro, since there is no echo saying its running i would just pick one mob and start the mac and turn on auto attack the mac will run till the xtarget window is clear and it will shut down then rinse and repeat per cycle takes a long time to do it but i might have my warrior using a weaker aggro weapon tank all with auto attack on with my rogue using the macro with just attack going. your video lag might be your isp and not your computer, but not knowing your pc specs i run a 40$ video card and can run 8 clients without video lag i run a i7 930 with 6 gigs of ram other then my load times being craptasic cause of a failing hard drive i run into no lag up till my harddrive starts freaking on me.

I've no idea what the video lag would be other than your computer isn't powerful enough to do what you are trying to do. I run 8-10 EQ windows at a time and the video lag is manageable.

No idea what you mean by going invis either unless you give more information. Did he fall into the Lava? Did you actually fail and have the adds spawn?

Computer is actually really good, I5,16 gb ram, 2 7950's, any other zone it runs great. Think it just needs a fresh wipe and install.

It has really only happened in that zone. And guess where it happened again....3....2....1... yup you guessed it against Irrissa.

Only thing I can suggest is use some DS in while on the Stalwart Defenders encounter. went quite a bit faster once I did that.

But great guide, did it in about 3 hours yesterday (Yup 3 and 5 took the lump time lol)

Computer is actually really good, I5,16 gb ram, 2 7950's, any other zone it runs great. Think it just needs a fresh wipe and install.

It has really only happened in that zone. And guess where it happened again....3....2....1... yup you guessed it against Irrissa.

Only thing I can suggest is use some DS in while on the Stalwart Defenders encounter. went quite a bit faster once I did that.

But great guide, did it in about 3 hours yesterday (Yup 3 and 5 took the lump time lol)

If it's only happening in one zone, and only on one event, then that's kind of odd. Does it happen everytime at that event?

How much DS did you use on Stalwart? I forgo the DS to be overly cautious, but I would love to be able to speed up that fight reliably.

3 Hours is definitely much, much better than my average. However, my only real DPS coming from a single Zerker makes things iffy. I've just finished building and adding two high Necros to my team and they destroy the events for me so much so it's not even funny.

Just Drape of the fallen and illusionary spikes XI. I wouldnt let the bard twist during the event. I use the zerker for all other events except this one, I manually controlled him for the random other adds

Just Drape of the fallen and illusionary spikes XI. I wouldnt let the bard twist during the event. I use the zerker for all other events except this one, I manually controlled him for the random other adds

Yup, bard Warsong has caused a fail for me at that final stage. So frustrating...

That is exactly what I do with my Zerker, however I am very careful with him on Irrissa. I only let him attack the summoners and clones. I've had two instances where his Decap's have dropped Irrissa too fast and bugged his script, leaving me with a corpse and no chest. Even more frustrating...

Same on Irrissa, think i may have failed cause at one point she respawned with nothing at 100% and it was like starting over. I am gonna try and refine this though. 1st one was fail fail fail until i replaced the mage with the zerker, gave me some lead time to turn stuff into the appropriate mob

Same on Irrissa, think i may have failed cause at one point she respawned with nothing at 100% and it was like starting over. I am gonna try and refine this though. 1st one was fail fail fail until i replaced the mage with the zerker, gave me some lead time to turn stuff into the appropriate mob

Yup, first one the speed is brutal. You have to maintain about a 30k-45k DPS or so every second the entire time to take down all 9 in under 5 minutes. Also, the key is to turn in groups of 3 items as you get them, not all 9 in the last second. Turn the items in while the rest of your team is still fighting.