New stuff coming in March and April

Grizzman

Reaction score
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...the-game-the-team-today-and-coming-soon.4182/

Hello all!

So we're almost into our third month of 2013 already and if you are an EverQuest player, you know that March always brings something special. Not only it is my birthday, but more importantly it's EverQuest's Birthday! On March 16th, EverQuest is turning 14 and we have a few cool things to share with you.

At SOE Live in Las Vegas last October, we had a "Design a Mission" panel where we divided everyone up in smaller groups to work with a Designer on the EverQuest team. The goal of that panel was to have everyone participate in designing a mission that could be experienced by players of varying levels. We have had this panel in past years and the hope has always been to put them into game quickly for everyone to play. We've succeeded at times but other times, it takes us a while to fit them into our schedule. I'm happy to inform you that we will be launching several of these player-designed missions during our March Game Update to help celebrate our 14th Anniversary.

A couple years ago, we had an intern join our team and at one point, we let him work on some content just to fill out his remaining schedule and to see what he could do. Well, the content that he created was full of nostalgic Class-specific connections into the world of EverQuest. Some time ago, we placed a few of these missions on the test server for players to run through and they received rave reviews. So without further delay and after the Anniversary Game Update, anyone that has finished their Epic quest for 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0, will be able to test their knowledge and skills by traveling to historic locations in Norrath to earn an Epic Weapon Ornamentation to use on another weapon. We will reveal more information soon, but how can you argue against the ability to Burn Down Freeport and get rewarded for it?!

Tradeskillers, you'll be happy to hear that we will be putting in some new recipes to create some Hero's Forge Armor in March. We have several new animal-themed hats that will immediately take your thoughts to the famous Barbarian Polar Bear hats in Everfrost. Norrathians can find all the items for the recipe but they will need help from their fellow Tradeskillers in order to receive the final product.

We'll also turn on all past Anniversary events so mark the calendar for cool events to kick-off in two weeks!

Different Subject...
Now, we know that we have a good Housing and Guild Hall Feature, but we wanted to see how we could make it great. So, a couple of weeks ago, the Development team took over a Neighborhood on the Bertox Server and set up camp. We wanted to spend a couple hours and take a really good hands-on approach to find ways to better integrate the Housing system into the game. We are currently compiling our feedback and will be discussing how we can achieve this. If you want to offer your feedback, please post your thoughts on this subject as well. Also, if you want to go take a look at what some of us created, head to the Neighborhood zone from the Guild Lobby and look up the Priests of Discord Neighborhood. Feel free to vote your favorite house but remember, almost every house with substance is going to tell you that it could look better if they were able to place more items down in their lot or inside their house

Hero's Forge Armor
Hero's Forge launched last year and we heard your feedback... We are currently working with some different tech to make Hero's Forge a tighter fit all the way around (although, I don't think I look fat in this armor, I'm just big-***** ). Timing for launch of this new armor should be before the summer time. I'll be putting up some new screenshots just after the Anniversary to share our progress.

Shadows of Fear
Last year, we launched the Rain of Fear expansion (EverQuest's 19th Expansion) and in April, we will be continuing the Rain of Fear story with the Shadows of Fear Game Update. Shadows of Fear will be available to everyone that has purchased the Rain of Fear expansion. It will include some new zones while introducing some new storylines of godly proportion and you will have some Spell and AA lines that you haven't had before. Stay tuned for a Beta Announcement in March. You were signed up for Beta for the Rain of Fear, then you will be invited to come back and we'll have a small window to invite some of you that missed it last year.

Saving the best for last!
We have had a few changes to the EverQuest team lately. I would like to introduce you to Jonathan Caraker as the New Lead Designer for the EverQuest Team. Jonathan is no stranger to the EverQuest, as he has been a designer on the team for many years. Jonathan has been with Sony Online Entertainment for about 11 years, spending time on multiple games of which about 7 years was as a designer on EverQuest - most recently as on the Underfoot expansion. I hope that many of you will remember Jonathan to give him a warm welcome. We're really excited about Jonathan joining the team!

Furthermore, Akil Hooper is now the Creative Director on EverQuest. Akil, AKA "Lyndro", has recently been performing the duties of Lead Designer on the EverQuest II team and also worked on EverQuest in years past, just like Jonathan. Julie "Ellyra" Burness and Doug "Elidroth" Cronkhite have also been promoted to Assistant Lead Designers and will be working closely with Jonathan and Akil to keep EverQuest headed in the right direction. They have been working in this capacity for a couple weeks now and I really like it. This is a great change for the EverQuest team!

Thank you all for reading & see you in game soon!

Thom Terrazas
Producer, EverQuest

Decent that they're actually bring out a "half-expansion" at no extra cost as part of the anniversary celebration. Rain of Fear was a decent-sized expansion for the money, so offering a batch of new zones and new content is on the generous side IMO. I think they mentioned when RoF went live that they would be releasing "the rest of the expansion" later but this is certainly earlier than some cynics would have thought.

Decent that they're actually bring out a "half-expansion" at no extra cost

or we paid full price for half an expansion? and now the rest comes out

yay

Holy shit ive been waiting for epic ornamentations! I knew it would happen one day woot!

Do the epic ornamentations have epic focus effects on the ornamentation itself? Or is it just the graphic?

Do the epic ornamentations have epic focus effects on the ornamentation itself? Or is it just the graphic?

Necros would rejoice if they have the epic focus on them as well as well as just a graphic lol.

Well, inevitably it comes down to whether you like to look at the glass being half-full or half-empty. But, unlike expansions like Legacy of Ykesha, Rain of Fear certainly "felt" like a full-size expansion, IMO. So anything they bring out for free in March is gravy, in my book.

i am stunned they are releasing this content for free. not that i wanted to pay 4.99 or 9.99 per account for 3 more zones, but i would have. i'm sure many would have. some would cancel their 14 accounts of course (CIHYS?) but many would bitch and moan as they entered their account number.

and new spells and new aa?

stunned.

I'm pretty excited, lots of fun things to look forward too. Especially getting my Army there 2.0 back in primary slot.

They were discussing epic ornaments back when I just played (3 years ago) and now they finally bring them into the game. Also it appears that 1.0 ornaments might also be in the mix, which might be cool for some.

Anyone know if expired subscriptions are able to log in during the Anniversary this year? If so has a date and time period been announced?

They were discussing epic ornaments back when I just played (3 years ago) and now they finally bring them into the game. Also it appears that 1.0 ornaments might also be in the mix, which might be cool for some.

Anyone know if expired subscriptions are able to log in during the Anniversary this year? If so has a date and time period been announced?

Uhmm... Everquest is FtP, so, you can login right now. You may be under Bronze or Silver restrictions but you can login and use some unlockers. On some stuff anyway. So, not really sure what you mean about being able to login.

It's funny epic ornament quest was done in HOT beta basically every class but 2-3 of them the problem is the intern couldn't finish in time so they scrapped it until they had time. 30 months later yes 30 months later they finally get off there ass and do it. This is something we asked for over the past 5-6 years of EQ weapon models are garbage and several classes love the epic look SK/Ber/Warrior ? Even clerics like the shield.

My shock is they didn't take my idea just sell the dam ornament on the marketplace for 10$ it would of made cash people would of bought it simple as that.

As far as content. Lets see SOD had what 5 tiers ? UF had 4 ? HOT had 4 ? VOA had 4 ? ROF 2 ? They released a half expansion charged full price this content is not a gift its something everyone who bought ROF had a right to. I'm not shocked honestly UF was released with only 3 tiers and conv as put out later, but UF had so many issues they needed the time to fix all the raids. Remember how many guilds were stuck on Beast before they nerfed him a dozen times ? or Brells temple ? lol. Shit every event in convorteum was easier.

Last edited:

f2p all accounts that predate march 2010 are grandfathered into silver all characters made before this date on any account are playable any characters made after that do not include the f2p classes require you to pay for the class (7.50) or have a gold sub. To get silver spend 5$ in the marketplace.

Furthermore if you have plat on the accounts you can buy a krono for 200-250k depending on the server in the bazaar and get 30 days gold sub from it.

Last edited:

TBH it sounds more like they are doing it how they should have years ago.

1 Major release a year with a sub pack that fix/enhances the last expansion. That finishes a lead into the next yearly release.

RoF seems to be a rather decent sized release. Did this topic not actually come up right before RoF went live? How it was going to be a 2 part release sorta like what we thought GoD was going to be?

Legacy of Ykesha!

That expac was so shitty and forgettable.....I actually forgot it was a thing till you said that. lol

Legacy of Ykesha!

That expac was so shitty and forgettable.....I actually forgot it was a thing till you said that. lol

LoY got us more bank slots.. that alone is worth putting up with froglocks.

My main is a froglok! Heh, I'm glad I "quit" and missed that xpac after looking through the details for that generation of eq.