Boxing Solteris Guide

I rewrote my balance.mac during my last Solteris run to be quicker and more reliable. The original one checked your target vs the highest hp mob on XTarget. This could lead to problems if something happens to a mob that is not your target and makes it drop. The new one checks the highest and lowest hp mobs in Xtarget and switches to the highest if the gap ever exceeds 2%. I will post it when I get home from work tonight.

Also, with this rewrite I am able to effectively use DS (upwards of 600-ish) and it didn't off balance the mobs. I'm going to see if I can land a reverse DS on my next run.

so with the changesd that eqmule put into mq2main had to update the balance mac
Code:
#turbo 80

Sub Main

/declare highhppct int outer 99

:BalanceLoop
	/if (${Me.XTarget}==0) /end
	/if (!${Target.ID}) /target id ${Me.XTarget[1].ID}
	/call HighHP
	/if (!${Me.Combat}) /attack on
	/goto :BalanceLoop

/end

sub HighHP
	/declare x int local 0
	/declare LowHP int local ${Target.PctHPs}
	/declare LowHPID int local ${Target.ID}
	/declare HighHP int local 0
	/declare HighHPID int local 0
	/for x 1 to ${Me.XTarget}
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}<${LowHP}) {
			/varset LowHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}
			/varset LowHPID ${Target.ID}
		}
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}>${HighHP}) {
			/varset HighHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}
			/varset HighHPID ${Me.XTarget[${x}].ID}
		}
	/next x
|	/echo ${HighHP} ${LowHP}
	/declare HPDiff int local 0
	/varcalc HPDiff ${HighHP}-${LowHP}
|	/echo ${HPDiff}
	/if (${HPDiff}>=2 && ${Target.ID}!=${HighHPID}) /target id ${HighHPID}
	/delay 15
/return
it works but it wont turn attack off if nothing on the xtarget so i just end and start it again.

so with the changesd that eqmule put into mq2main had to update the balance mac
Code:
#turbo 80

Sub Main

/call HighHP
	/if (!${Me.Combat}) /attack on

/end

sub HighHP
	/declare x int local 0
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}<${LowHP}) {
			/varset LowHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}
		}
		/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}>${HighHP}) {
			/varset HighHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].PctHPs}
			/varset HighHPID ${Me.XTarget[${x}].ID}
		}
	/next x
|	/echo ${HighHP} ${LowHP}
|	/echo ${HPDiff}
	/delay 15
/return
it works but it wont turn attack off if nothing on the xtarget so i just end and start it again.

Thanks for posting a re-write. I modified it further to be dynamic and only focus on balancing chosen targets. I'll upload that one later on.

Question about boxing raids

Hi,

i m a returning player to eq with 42 chars (15 of thrm 85-95) and the Rest between 98-105 all of them 8000-15000AAs and at least coft / tds group gear and some cotf raid geared. You guys think is it possible to box some raids of cotf or tds?

Not easily

I as I'm sure with a lot of folks here have raided cotf and tds, ok so tds I don't really think its possible with group geared toons. I think if you had a lot of pre/made macros that maby (and its slim), you might be able to do a 2 of the cotf raids. Interesting question and I caint wait to read all the replies. WELCOME BACK btw.

Hi,

i m a returning player to eq with 42 chars (15 of thrm 85-95) and the Rest between 98-105 all of them 8000-15000AAs and at least coft / tds group gear and some cotf raid geared. You guys think is it possible to box some raids of cotf or tds?

You might want to look into Plane of War mobs.

Are pow raid mobs boxable? Like already stated most Problem i See are the tactics to manage all the dass or balancing stuff and so on. I m getting my tanks geared on other Server with axis raid stuff so they will be able to take on the mobs but i do not know if i will manage so many toons nowadays? In the past anguish and pot it was easy. Only action was usi g the mask in anguish or in pot burm down quam!

Hopefully htw can separate these post from the thread as it is very off-topic to it.

I haven't done PoWar myself. There is at least 1 encounter that would seem easy enough to do. You kill 30-35 mobs and then the named spawns and all it is is a straight-up fight to kill it before it powers up and becomes much more difficult to kill.

All the other ones require a bit more complexity. I was thinking MQ2events might be able to handle some of that.

back to Solteris, i always have a hell of a time with the 3rd event i believe it is, the balance one... anyone have any strats they use to box it or newer working balance macs?

back to Solteris, i always have a hell of a time with the 3rd event i believe it is, the balance one... anyone have any strats they use to box it or newer working balance macs?

Very low and controlled DPS. Back when I was first writing these macs and farming Solteris I had to only melee with my bard and even then it would occasionally spike too high and fail the event.

Use a low level ds on sk with no weapons, and swarm the fucking thing to balance it. Should be able to tank the whole event.

For event three there any damage spikes are bad I load up AE aggro on the SK, make sure no weapons for riposte,etc.

Once I'm sure the SK has them firmly aggro'd I crank up the DS and have a monk using thrown weapons to help keep things balanced.

This macro will auto-target the highest hp aspect or guard and turn on ranged attack. This is made to be run on a LOW dps character link a monk using summoned thrown daggers. DO NOT USE ANYTHING THAT CAN PROC BIG HITS. Key is to find something that does 500 to 1k per hit.

Code:
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Solteris Balance macro by Dewey2461
|
| Run with a LOW DPS ranged character like monk+thrown weapons. 
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Main 
	/declare i int local

/declare TagID int local
	/declare MaxHP int local
	/declare MinHP int local
	/declare MaxID int local
	/declare DelHP int local
	/declare List string
	/declare RepTM timer 
	/declare ok int local 0

:Loop
		/varset MinHP 100
		/varset MaxHP 0
		/varset MaxID 0
		/varset List 

/for i 1 to 16
			/varset ok 0
			/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].Name.Equal[Rear Guard Captain Balreth]}) /varset ok 1
			/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].Name.Left[6].Equal[Aspect]}) /varset ok 1
			|/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].Name.NotEqual[NULL]}) /varset ok 1
			|/varset ok 1

/if (${ok}) {
				/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].ID}!=${Target.ID}) /varset List ${List} |   ${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs}  
				/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].ID}==${Target.ID}) /varset List ${List} | >${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs}

/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs} > ${MaxHP}) {
					/varset MaxHP ${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs}
					/varset MaxID ${Me.XTarget[${i}].ID}
				}
				/if (${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs} < ${MinHP}) {
					/varset MinHP ${Me.XTarget[${i}].PctHPs}
				}
			}
		/next i

/varcalc DelHP ${MaxHP} - ${MinHP}
		/echo ${List} | Max: ${MaxHP} | Min: ${MinHP} | Delta: ${DelHP} 
		/if (!${RepTM}) {
			/bc ${List} | Max: ${MaxHP} | Min: ${MinHP} | Delta: ${DelHP} 
			/varset RepTM 1s
		}

/if (${MaxID}) {
			/if (${MaxID}!=${Target.ID}) /target id ${MaxID}
			/if (!${Me.AutoFire}) /autofire on
		}
		/delay 1
	/goto :Loop
/return

Last edited:
Is there a reason why people still bother with Solteris on blue servers?

Powersource access can be done by just completing any of the SoD raids which will unlock all the powersources iirr.

Is there a reason why people still bother with Solteris on blue servers?

Powersource access can be done by just completing any of the SoD raids which will unlock all the powersources iirr.

Because it's fun!

One of the only reasons I play anymore is too 'solo' old raid content which was current back in my primary raiding days.

It is an easy source of circle of M|P|L x 3 clickies. There are also some old illusions that can be interesting to get.

Can anyone help me with this mac and the current updates?

#turbo 80

Sub Main

/call HighHP
/if (!${Me.Combat}) /killthis

/end

sub HighHP
/declare x int local 0
/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}<${LowHP}) {
/varset LowHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}
}
/if (${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}>${HighHP}) {
/varset HighHP ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.PctHPs}
/varset HighHPID ${Me.XTarget[${x}].Spawn.ID}
}
/next x
| /echo ${HighHP} ${LowHP}
| /echo ${HPDiff}
/delay 15
/return

Looks like I wrote that mac years ago. What is it doing, if anything, with the new updates? Are there errors coming up?

I essentially was 1 grouping them 4 years ago... only brought in more dps cause I could. Is probably cake now.

I essentially was 1 grouping them 4 years ago... only brought in more dps cause I could. Is probably cake now.

The only one that is still a problem is Solteris #3 where you balance 2x -> 4x -> 8x mobs.

SK runs with two shields and 1200-1800 DS during the early phases but drop back to about 300-600 when you get to 8x.

I use 3x monks throwing summoned throwing daggers (500-1000) no big crits running the script at the top to auto target the highest hp guy.

Last edited: