What is the best solo class?

Sorarn

Reaction score
what is the best eq solo'ing LEVELING class.

ooo i smell a debate :)

to many factors go into that to really be a good debate.

Sk

Did I mention SK

Or Necro for high lvl stuff

Or mage's can be good

But hey dont forget Beastlords they are fun

As JJ said, too many factors to be considered, but for most general purpose? Necros.

Necros can solo the best overall IMHO because of their versatility. Pet, Lifetaps, Snare, FD, etc. I used to solo things on my nec, that took almost full groups to do.

Cleric's can solo some things best, SK's are damn good too. Mage's rock against some mob types. Necro's are always a good choice. Druids are pretty good with Dotting. Beasts are decent, Paladin's have some good stuff going on. Wizards are okay for non-summoning mobs, Rangers can bow-kite decently, chanters are always an option with charm, shaman are decent with rotting a mob...anyone have positive experience with warriors or zerkers solo'ing?

btw, this question was too open ended to answer! :)

Well im talking strictly leveling, and maybe low end boss's. im not sure how u can narrow that more.

What levels you're working on also affect that. Necro should always be a favorite, imo. For solo'ing bosses a mage is tops in the high end.

Cleric's can solo some things best, SK's are damn good too. Mage's rock against some mob types. Necro's are always a good choice. Druids are pretty good with Dotting. Beasts are decent, Paladin's have some good stuff going on. Wizards are okay for non-summoning mobs, Rangers can bow-kite decently, chanters are always an option with charm, shaman are decent with rotting a mob...anyone have positive experience with warriors or zerkers solo'ing?

btw, this question was too open ended to answer! :)

you left out bard!! *cry*

Way too many factors. With enough AA and good enough gear, almost any class can solo.

Zerkers arent good at soloing lol i have a 75 zerker with ok gear and i need heals and stuff but i will say he has some killer DPS though

If your looking to solo primarily for levels / lower end bosses (Im going to define that as Grummus / Klandi / Zlandi etc).. I'd say SK is a good bet.

Clerics are fantastic soloers, but only higher lvls.
Bards aren't bad for soloing their own levels, but definately not capable of lower end bosses.
Monks arent all that bad in either sense, although, they do need to have decent equipment to fair.
Warriors/Zerkers - HAH!
Rogues - HAH!
Mages - Not too bad, just need to know what your doing.
Necros - Great for soloing their own levels, but unless their decently geared, lower end bosses would cause them troubles.
Beastlords - Eh, I suppose they work, but honestly, you're better off going with an SK then a Beastlord.
Shamans- Not all that bad, not what I'd consider my favorite soloing class, but they get the job done.
Druids- If you know how to play them, their one of the most effective soloing classes, even on some of the lower tier bosses.

Think that covered alot of it, correct me if I'm wrong in any of these!

Good hunting :)

SuperU - Define lower end bosses?

I just came back to EQ after a 2 year hiatus, but at the peak of my game as a Necro, there wasn't much I couldn't solo and had several serverwide necro first kills under my belt. Yes, I was exceptionally geared at the time, #1 necro in HPs, 4th in mana serverwide, but soloing was a lot of fun and challenging.

Hrm, I was defining it primarily as Lower end PoP bosses, some old school Velious kills, Luclin bosses (Rhags, Va`Dyn).

I never really had too much success soloing with my necro, even now at 75 w/ 12k hp (mind you it is buffed), and 11k mana, I struggle doing some of the PoP Bosses (VZ, Grummus, etc).

Granted, I could just be using the wrong tactics / spells, and I very well could be.

I soloed Terris Thule a couple months ago on my Pally, that was a nice challenge. ;)

Pallys arnt the best soloers but do well in given places, if you like good challenges while soloing they are good for that.

To me though necro takes the crown for solo king at high end or not.

Hrm, Pallies aren't that bad for soloing the bosses, I wont complain there. But they were never much for soloing levels if memory serves me right.

And congrats :) TT is always a fun one to solo.

In order for a Pally to solo anything of mention you need to be well equipped and high lvl. They can solo at low lvls just not as fast as any other class. They have limited DPS against non-undead mobs therefore not making it a worthy class to mention.

I used to have competitions with a shaman to see who could solo low end bosses better and more efficiently.

Demi/Anguish geared:

I was 3500ac 19khp 12.5k mana he was 3kac 16khp 14k mana. He was able to solo alot better than me. Vindi took me about 30 mins and AoW took me 1hour. He solo'd both in less than an hour. He solo'd Solusek, Arch lich rhag zadune the entire cursed cycle and Seru. I was only able to beat him on Emp Ssra and HP.

He also solo'd Velitorkin and Hulcror. I only got Hulcror to 76% and Velitorkin to 83. Pallies are deffinately not a DPS class nor are we efficient because of it.

As much as people hate beastlords they have the best of all worlds and restrictions of none. Pet, slow, heals, Snare (higher lvls) Dots ,nukes .

Wizzies and Necros are awesome for fast exp'n even high end. Kiting missions can yield you some nice rewards as far as that gear goes. However the ego boost from killing a low end boss mob would take alot of patience and skill due to their lack.

Mages can be amazing if they are played properly.

Monks rogues warriors and zerkers can only go so far before gear becomes an issue.

Sks are DPS kings if you ask me. DD's, DOT's, Self buff lifetap procs, lifetap dots, Fear Snare, ability to FD to ensure only one mob per pull need I say more?

Shamans have slows, Dot,s debuffs, tick heals, buffs, reg heals, Nukes and a Pet whom i consider to be a one time cast DoT seeing hes worthless for tanking. However they can either root-rot or Tank DoT. Kiting missions is not an option these would now take 3x as long or you have to find a group. However the mobs that summon will not effect a shamans game play much.

But regardless of which class you choose clickies can make or break a toon. Shamans with TA, ToB BP, Anguish BP, QVIC poker as well as many other toys realize theres alot more spell slots open to increase DPS or Increase use of the toon.