Wanderlust Charm Aug

Probably my fault, I sometimes get those 2 mixed up sorry about that lol. But regardless, the charm is a good one lol.

So does anyone have a currently working version of the wanderlust.mac? Or is there anyone willing to work on this to get it going again? The Serpent seekers charm of lore was nice in its time, and is still good for low level alts. Now it's outdated for the most part. The wanderlust augment on the other hand is still a rather nice little addition to any charm.

Notatank

So does anyone have a currently working version of the wanderlust.mac? Or is there anyone willing to work on this to get it going again? The Serpent seekers charm of lore was nice in its time, and is still good for low level alts. Now it's outdated for the most part. The wanderlust augment on the other hand is still a rather nice little addition to any charm.

Notatank

Is there something wrong with the current version of it? if it needs an update due to an issue with the macro, please note the error's you recieve what part of the quest you were on when you recieved this error and current plugins used, please be aware that you need /plugin mq2reward, invis potions, invis to undead potions for this macro to work correctly. I would test myself but alas I have no character still in need of this augmentation

Quick edit, try this, lemme know

Attachments

• wanderlust.mac
    27.7 KB · Views: 243
Well I ran it and when it got the task from the guy in crescent, all it did was sit there, I let it sit for 15 minutes and I was the only one in the zone. I then manually zoned to the moors to see if it would catch it and pick up and go but no dice. I'm thinking it's in dire need of an update and I'd offer to test it but my account is down now lol.

Well I ran it and when it got the task from the guy in crescent, all it did was sit there, I let it sit for 15 minutes and I was the only one in the zone. I then manually zoned to the moors to see if it would catch it and pick up and go but no dice. I'm thinking it's in dire need of an update and I'd offer to test it but my account is down now lol.

Did you just run the one I uploaded to my last post, or you talking about a previous version? I've seen you post this same information before is the reason i'm asking. Also when you ran it did you have the Cloudy potions in your inventory from the merchant in pok, it won't do dick unless 1 - you have invis potions, because it will invis before it moves after recieving the first task and 2 - if their is a PC in a certain radius.

nevermind, I checked and can see that you haven't downloaded it using the who downloaded button. This information your posting is not very helpful to me. I need to have current known issues with the new upload so that I can look into it. information reguarding a download from last month or the month before is not helping me narrow down the issue

I did use one from earlier in the post b/c the one you posted recently wasn't there. As to the whole PC issue, there weren't any PCs in the entire zone and nope, didn't have any cloudy potions. I'm a monk, I don't need invis with a successful FD. But no matter, it's kinda late for me where I'm at so if I seem rude or anything, I apologize. It's been a long day for me. Lots of drama from the in-laws and such. When my EQ account is active again, I'll test yours out and see what happens. As a suggestion though, could you add a special spot in there for certain classes that can move around undetected either by walking or warping? Like a rogue for example, if hide/sneak succeeds, he's got invis that can only be seen through by the gods. Of course, it goes away when you zone, or at least it did when I used to play a rogue. And then for the monk, have it FD and then do the warps. Those are just suggestions and I am an newb at coding. I've posted a few VERY simple macs that work out pretty good but I've just not had the time or the want to to try anything really complicated.

I did use one from earlier in the post b/c the one you posted recently wasn't there. As to the whole PC issue, there weren't any PCs in the entire zone and nope, didn't have any cloudy potions. I'm a monk, I don't need invis with a successful FD. But no matter, it's kinda late for me where I'm at so if I seem rude or anything, I apologize. It's been a long day for me. Lots of drama from the in-laws and such. When my EQ account is active again, I'll test yours out and see what happens. As a suggestion though, could you add a special spot in there for certain classes that can move around undetected either by walking or warping? Like a rogue for example, if hide/sneak succeeds, he's got invis that can only be seen through by the gods. Of course, it goes away when you zone, or at least it did when I used to play a rogue. And then for the monk, have it FD and then do the warps. Those are just suggestions and I am an newb at coding. I've posted a few VERY simple macs that work out pretty good but I've just not had the time or the want to to try anything really complicated.

I apologize I'm not very very good at coding, there are already some spots inserted into the code for people who use different methods, but I do not believe FD is one of them.

Code:
/declare h1ashen			int outer

|/declare invisaa			string outer	"Silent Presence"
	|/declare invisspell		string outer	"Spirit Veil"
	/declare IniFile			string outer 	wanderlust_${Me.CleanName}.ini

this is the location for invisspell, or invis AA, in order to use this, simply replace "silent presence" with the aa or "Spirit Veil" for a spell you want to use to invis yourself then remove the ~~~~> | <~~~~ that are before the /declare. however i'm not sure that this would work with hide/sneak method. if you open the macro and scroll through the begining there is information posted by the people who have edited/created this macro. I'm simply trying to keep things that are already in place working, or create a work around for issues as I haven't seen anyone else staking a claim to this macro.

I can almost bet you money the reason for the macro not doing anything for you was due to your lack of invis potions.....

No you didn't come off as rude and I hope you don't feel that I have either

effectively I could add paramerters to the code to allow a user to specify what they want to use by typing /macro wanderlust Spirit Veil
or /macro wanderlust Silent Presence.....however this would for me create an issue of multiple copies of the macro that requires the user download a different copy depending on their needs, the hide/sneak method doesn't have a buff icon so checking buff box for invis wouldn't work in the same fashion.

Again, please be sure you /plugin list and if mq2reward is not loaded simply /plugin mq2reward

this is an issue alot of people run into the macro not finishing past the first part because this is when you get the actual aug as a reward. if this is not loaded the / command to select the first reward won't be a valid command and therefore it macro will stay in an endless loop waiting for the reward window to close. I suppose there could be a spot added into the macro that does an item count check for the aug itself as a bool and to return true would mean that it would update the ini automatically to directly past that part of the code, and update the INI to say that one specific part is completed, however other then that i'm not sure there is a way to skip ahead for people that have already started this quest on their own without the use of the macro other then running the macro to get it to create the .ini file, and then /end to stop it, going into your folder and manually updating your .ini file to show that you have completed that portion of the macro....I suppose the labeling of the .ini updates could be changed to be more user friendly IE longer names or adding something that describes each ini update information so that a user would have a better understanding of what needs to be manually updated in the event there is a problem with the code and it tries to repeat a step of the macro that is unwanted by the user.......I could sit here and talk about the possibilities all day long, but in the long run until the latest upload is tested I cannot say that there will be anyway for me to update the macro so that it simply runs through completely. Twinks and eye candy can be modified once there is a fully functional .mac

Thanks Chat, I'll run this on a few toons (of various levels) to test it out. I will let you know if I have any issues and what they are when I run it. Couple of the toons arent active atm.

Notatank

Well I know on my hud it uses a me.state to tell me if I'm hidden, sitting, feigning or what not. Could that or something similar not be used? In the slipgear macro, hide is used and it works quite well. The macro hides the toon and then begins it's warping and it doesn't drop hide when it zones either. I ran that one last night before my account went down. But as far as adding parameters to the macro for it to work certain ways, that would indeed be very nifty, again, I don't know how hard that would be.

Well I know on my hud it uses a me.state to tell me if I'm hidden, sitting, feigning or what not. Could that or something similar not be used? In the slipgear macro, hide is used and it works quite well. The macro hides the toon and then begins it's warping and it doesn't drop hide when it zones either. I ran that one last night before my account went down. But as far as adding parameters to the macro for it to work certain ways, that would indeed be very nifty, again, I don't know how hard that would be.

Adding the parameters wouldn't really be difficult persay, but it would end up producing multiple copies of the .mac to be specific to usage of an AA vs spell vs hide/sneak - 3 copies would be the total....but again I want to make sure I have a working copy of the macro prior to trying to add functionality for different settings to it

Got it and worked like a charm

The macro did kick in and worked like a charm

Well I've found a couple small things that could be changed after running only part of this. When it warps to regan in crescent reach, need to change where it warps to. For some reason I always end up in a ducked position and that prevents me from getting the missions. And the part it won't move past for me is where it's supposed to locate Inquirer Galstat. It zones to the area but doesn't do anything after that, just sits there, says it can't find him with /target. Any thoughts? I'm probably doing something wrong or not setting something right on my end. Lemme know lol

Well I've found a couple small things that could be changed after running only part of this. When it warps to regan in crescent reach, need to change where it warps to. For some reason I always end up in a ducked position and that prevents me from getting the missions. And the part it won't move past for me is where it's supposed to locate Inquirer Galstat. It zones to the area but doesn't do anything after that, just sits there, says it can't find him with /target. Any thoughts? I'm probably doing something wrong or not setting something right on my end. Lemme know lol

What is the location it sent you too and what would be a better location to have it send you to?

Not entirely sure I understand why you would be in ducked position in the first place, and when you are, why it would prevent you from getting the task unless you are spawning slightly under the world....which might be a check for characters of the larger race...what race r u :-D? I'm pretty sure I have it set to /target regan; /warp f 10 (warp in front of target 10 feet/steps) which might be an issue for the larger races, set that under the fact that I was a dwarf or under the assumption the player would shroud

Perhaps someone killed him :-D

I'm an iksar. I guess I count as one of the larger races. I changed the /warp t f 10 to /warp t f 3 and it works a little better. With that setting, rarely do I end ducking. I'm not spawning under the world or anything. Just the MQ window is flooded with an error that says: "BuffWindow child buff-1 not found" when I'm ducked like that. And yes, before you ask, I did download the most recent one, you can even check the list lol.

Encountered several problems running this macro so far.

1. It more often than not stops running completely as it appears to have skipped a step. Presumably the step that causes it to check off each section as it is completed. It also skips a hail every now and then which means it goes shooting off to a zone without the task to actually head there.

2. It constantly has a problem with checking buffs I'm assuming this is trying to use some sort of invisibility potions. It would be far easier to strip the goblin shroud code from the Slipgear macro and just get it to hide all the time. Atleast up until the last 2. They can be run fine with just /warp without the invis or IvU. Just cross your fingers. Nothing jumped me when I did it after removing all the invis check lines from script.

It sometimes picks back up again when manually clicking Hide but often does not. Manually updating the .ini file and then restarting the macro has been the method that has gotten me through.

3. On a couple of the tasks it would not move despite my best efforts so I manually warped to each location and got the updates myself before checking it off in the .ini file and restarting.

All up though it has saved me a lot of /warp so well worth the effort.

*Edit*

It is also worth noting that you get 1407 platinum from doing the whole thing. Not a bad bit of coin for less than 30 minutes of work.

in options make sure you're toon isn't set to autoduck.

Encountered several problems running this macro so far.

1. It more often than not stops running completely as it appears to have skipped a step. Presumably the step that causes it to check off each section as it is completed. It also skips a hail every now and then which means it goes shooting off to a zone without the task to actually head there.

2. It constantly has a problem with checking buffs I'm assuming this is trying to use some sort of invisibility potions. It would be far easier to strip the goblin shroud code from the Slipgear macro and just get it to hide all the time. Atleast up until the last 2. They can be run fine with just /warp without the invis or IvU. Just cross your fingers. Nothing jumped me when I did it after removing all the invis check lines from script.

It sometimes picks back up again when manually clicking Hide but often does not. Manually updating the .ini file and then restarting the macro has been the method that has gotten me through.

3. On a couple of the tasks it would not move despite my best efforts so I manually warped to each location and got the updates myself before checking it off in the .ini file and restarting.

All up though it has saved me a lot of /warp so well worth the effort.

*Edit*

It is also worth noting that you get 1407 platinum from doing the whole thing. Not a bad bit of coin for less than 30 minutes of work.

Your assuming correctly about the invisibility potions, it uses Cloudy Potions and Potions of unlife awareness, as previously states a few times during this thread, which means that if its trying to use potions, this macro is working as intended there. Does the rogue shroud hide against undead?

Second, I had updated the intravals between /warp's to be faster, it only requires a delay of 20 (2 seconds) in order to recieve the update. In some slower systems any lag or bumpy movement might cause the update to not be recieved, i'll consider adding 10 to the delay (making it 3 seconds instead of 2).

This is a back and forth issue as some people say the mac works like a charm, IE no issues with the updating the INI (or at least that is what i'm led to believe). Also nobody says when the macro doesn't update the ini, making it pretty difficult to fix. I have been informed a few times that this is an issue. However I can't do anything about if I don't know which particular ones are not updating. I believe your problem in particular is lack of updating the INI due to the fact that you aren't getting all the updates so those parts were not technically fully completed.

Basically sounds to me you were trying to save a couple hundred plat on potions to use a shroud to make this entire process free and easy, which isn't nessisarily a bad thing, but due to the fact that wasn't the way it was intended to be used it didn't work as you expected :-(

I'm an iksar. I guess I count as one of the larger races. I changed the /warp t f 10 to /warp t f 3 and it works a little better. With that setting, rarely do I end ducking. I'm not spawning under the world or anything. Just the MQ window is flooded with an error that says: "BuffWindow child buff-1 not found" when I'm ducked like that. And yes, before you ask, I did download the most recent one, you can even check the list lol.

The reason the /warp f 10; was put into play is because for me personally using /warp t; would sometimes cause me not to be able to talk to NPC's there was no check to see if I had recieved a respond and the macro would continue to go without ever actually getting the updates/ tasks.

I want to make this macro as painless as I possibly can. However you said it "works a LITTLE better" Does that mean you sometimes don't have the issue? As Sum1 stated, turning on your auto duck in the options may help. About the only fix I honestly have for that at this point.