Video card replacement question..

deathstryker

Reaction score
I haven't bought any pc parts since 2010, but recently my desktop's video card took a crap and now I've been using the native intel graphics card built in. I really want to purchase a new video card that will allow me to triple box with no problems. Currently I double box and see a small amount of video lag with the intel graphics card.

The pc is intel icore 5 processor with 8 gigs of ram and 1TB of data. I wouldn't think it would lag as badly as it does on the intel graphics driver but it does.

On a side note I am also having issues not being able to see all of the graphics. Example when I go into loping plains on my laptop I can see the alligators just fine in full graphics. However on my desktop it displays the alligators as humanoids instead of the alligator graphic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the alligator display issue and also what kind of cheap but good video card would you put into my machine ?

First step is to know what you CAN put into the computer.

Main thing to look for is to look at the number of external power connections the video card needs.

Low end : None
Medium : 1 external 6 pin plug.
High : 2 external 6 pin plugs.

The way I shop for computer parts is using newegg, then sort by rating. Scroll down until you find the highest rating component at the price range you want to spend.

Anything in $50-$80 will be better than the on board video.
I generally end up in the $100-$150 range.
If you go above the $150 range double check your power supply to make sure it has the connections and enough head room for the video card.

Web sites like Tom's hardware doing semi-monthly best bang for the buck reviews. google Tom's hardware video card review

... on my desktop it displays the alligators as humanoids instead of the alligator graphic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the alligator display issue ... ?

You need to have EQ redetect your video card settings. Go to options right when you start EQ. After that do a full file scan.

I have an aftermarket power supply which will supply just about any kind of video card.

PSU is one item of concern, but depending on the PCI Express slot on the motherboard can also limit the cards performance.

id imagine spending 100 on an nVidia card will get you to a satisfactory level. :)