Vet Rewards and Character Transfers

Wendel

Reaction score
I have a 10 year account that has a toon on it I would like to transfer to a new account.
I've read a few confilicting posts, so I'm asking for people with experience to reply.
If I transfer my ranger with 10 vet rewards to a new account, will that character keep his vet rewards?
If he keeps them I will transfer, if not I will just level up a new ranger I suppose lol

Thanks!

Thanks for clearing that up, I had heard conflicting stories from different sources.

It is tied to the account, not the character.
So you can even transfer a level 1 from a new account to a 10yr+ vet account and get all the vets.

For the conlficting sources, I'd suggest immediate abandonment of using them as a source of info.

My toon i xfer'd 3 months ago has all his vet rewards.

hrmm... I think i will just have to try it for myself :)

Public, you sure your not talking server transfer?

Yea if you xfer account you do not get them, have tried it and petitioned it just see. They will not give them to you.

In the past I have move logged accounts and keep my Vets but its possible its changed. This was debated back a few months ago as well. Only way to tell is to try and find out.

Not only would your character not get to keep the veteran rewards if you transferred him to a new account, but your old account would lose that claim for veteran reward as well.

I transferred my warrior. He was on my druids account. At the time, my druid account was able to /claim veteran rewards 3 times. I claimed it on the druid, the warrior and another character. I transfer the warrior.....lose the veteran rewards on him. Decide later to make a wizard on the druid account, but although I should be able to award vet reward three times and with the warrior moved, I only 3 characters on that account, all my three claims to veteran reward was used up.

Veteran reward is not only tied to your account, but also I think on the first year, you get 2 claims to it and then an additional claim per year. If you were to /claim it on a character and then transfer that character or even delete it, that does not mean you get that claim to vet reward back. Once you claim it on a character, it's gone.

You can claim as many times as you have years.
10 years gets you 10 claims.
That's only for how many they have in game though. I have 60+ years entitled, but still only able to claim 11.
Ya, it's flagged, so using one, and deleting the character still counts as being used.

You can claim as many times as you have years.
10 years gets you 10 claims.
That's only for how many they have in game though. I have 60+ years entitled, but still only able to claim 11.
Ya, it's flagged, so using one, and deleting the character still counts as being used.

my account has 35 years entitlement on it... I assume that you were on Stormhammer to get this?
I'm really kicking myself for selling my old alt accounts with the same entitlements :(

Or she used the trick where you purchase 2 year subscriptions and "change your mind" after the 1st of the month but before your billing cycle kicks in, thereby getting the vet awards but never paying for it. Rinse and repeat.

Vet reward claims are borked right now because Sony shut it off due to this. It's why so many people have accounts with 6.9, 7.9, etc etc years of entitlements... they won't let it roll over.

Or she used the trick where you purchase 2 year subscriptions and "change your mind" after the 1st of the month but before your billing cycle kicks in, thereby getting the vet awards but never paying for it. Rinse and repeat.

Vet reward claims are borked right now because Sony shut it off due to this. It's why so many people have accounts with 6.9, 7.9, etc etc years of entitlements... they won't let it roll over.

yeah my vet rewards are totally screwed, I was waiting for 7th (legit) and it is stuck at 6.2 years.

Grrrr:confused:

My 6 month old account still says .1 years entitled.

There's a long thread on SoE's board about how Vet aa's are broken. I like to think it's something they would look into to, but well we know how that goes.

They wont turn on automatic updating until they find a way / time to verify who actually had the rewards legit.

Until then you need to petition and hope you get a reasonable gm

Yea i'm sure i just checked. Then again they did dupe my toon and i have him on the old account and the new one.

Nah, I didn't exploit anything, or be on Stormhammer.
I was in the guide program for a very long time. One of the oldest since release.
Various people got differing amounts, depending on apprentice, guide, senior, and even the press had gotten 20 years.
Last I checked, I was around 68 years?