Very Small Stone Tear

There are quite a few threads out there how useless this item is once you max it. Suggest visiting the soe boards and seeing the calculations someone posted regarding it I don't have the link off hand, but it should be searchable.

If it didn't have a cap on the bonus, it might actually be useful.

Referencing a thread regarding this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-heroic-agi-dex.219535/page-2

You are better of hoarding heroic agility then wasting time on this garbage.

Not like I didn't say don't waste your time in EQ on this 3 years ago....

There are quite a few threads out there how useless this item is once you max it. Suggest visiting the soe boards and seeing the calculations someone posted regarding it I don't have the link off hand, but it should be searchable.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-heroic-agi-dex.219535/page-2

So what type 3 augmentation do you think is better than The Tear of Alaris?
The Tears of Alaris :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM

And I didn't thoroughly check, but pretty sure there are no heroic type 3 augs, so it's not like you'll be getting any increase in heroic stats by forgoing on the tear. Even if there was another type 3 aug better than the Tear, there are 12 slots to fill.

So after getting a dodge aug, a + to (bash/kick/whateveryourclass) aug, you pretty much only have some hasten reuse timer of /disc from 3 or 4 expansions ago that you no longer even use and then +attack augs. Maybe I am missing something though.

Even if I didn't AFK on this and had to be there in person every step of the way, I think it's worth getting. Although I'd only do it on my warrior, which is my main and what I'll eventually raid with. I already maxed this x8 accounts, which admittedly was a pain to do and I'd never would have attempted that without MQ2. All I do is get my Tear team in position, hit go and go play EQ on my other accounts, sleep, gym, whatever. Wake up the next day and my looter has looted 10 or 15 Fragments and the whole Tear team has increased the Tears level by whatever %. Usually by the time my Fragment looter has collected 100 Fragments, they're @lvl12 for the Tear, then I keep them on the Tear team with a new looter and when they hit lvl15 on the Tear, I click all their Fragments and they are maxxed Tear.

edit: Not to mention the 4000+ Befouled Silks and who knows how many stacks of gems, as well as tradable gear. Hell, I'd bet some people here have their teams set up just to farm plat stuff and could have leveled this tear many times over as well as get all the plat drops if they just picked an area with Alarans.

Also, I'm guessing you're referring to Sirene_Fippy's post where he/she compared hAGI to the Tear. Honestly, with hAGI, he was using a cleric against a test dummy and then with the Tear, he is using a bard against Arx Mentis trash and his time for with tear versus without tear is substantially different, so not really sure he proved anything.

Last edited:

So what type 3 augmentation do you think is better than The Tear of Alaris?
The Tears of Alaris :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM

And I didn't thoroughly check, but pretty sure there are no heroic type 3 augs, so it's not like you'll be getting any increase in heroic stats by forgoing on the tear. Even if there was another type 3 aug better than the Tear, there are 12 slots to fill.

So after getting a dodge aug, a + to (bash/kick/whateveryourclass) aug, you pretty much only have some hasten reuse timer of /disc from 3 or 4 expansions ago that you no longer even use and then +attack augs. Maybe I am missing something though.

Even if I didn't AFK on this and had to be there in person every step of the way, I think it's worth getting. Although I'd only do it on my warrior, which is my main and what I'll eventually raid with. I already maxed this x8 accounts, which admittedly was a pain to do and I'd never would have attempted that without MQ2. All I do is get my Tear team in position, hit go and go play EQ on my other accounts, sleep, gym, whatever. Wake up the next day and my looter has looted 10 or 15 Fragments and the whole Tear team has increased the Tears level by whatever %. Usually by the time my Fragment looter has collected 100 Fragments, they're @lvl12 for the Tear, then I keep them on the Tear team with a new looter and when they hit lvl15 on the Tear, I click all their Fragments and they are maxxed Tear.

I'm going to refer you to your post here, cause is it 1 warrior account or 13 accounts now:

Still leveling this damn thing. For 13 accounts. Got many to lvl13-14 and have collected 400 fragments. Still going to have each account collect 100 fragments each and then see where I am, but won't be clicking them till lvl15. If all accounts ends up with 100 fragments before hitting lvl15, then I'll be collecting 20 more per account...point is, they won't click till they are at a lvl+fragment that they can click to completion.

It is about gathering fragments after lvl10. At lvl13, I think you can almost go from lvl 1 to 10 for every 10% in lvl13. It is only getting worse. I plan on splitting my 13 into a few cells. My mage will just be set to roam and solo low lvl Alarans. Then I will split my other 12 accounts into 2 or 3 groups or more if I can find some good spots. The point is to have as many chances to loot fragments as possible. Most of the camps I can safely AFK at are too limited in mobs that I don't really need much to clear the area.

But, hey if you feel like spending 500+ hours online for that much of a boost by all means, who am I to argue with how you spend your time online, I was just giving the majority of us who care about their time this would be a waste of time, not trying to argue with you.

It's 13 accounts. Just said if I had to do it without MQ2, I'd only do it on my warrior. And I'd also do the 3 (or 4?) different missions that reward Fragments. But since I am trying to max it x13 accounts and use MQ2, I decided it was easier overall to just AFK the whole thing.

The time investment for me is @10 minutes to set-up for each round everytime I start it up and @20 minutes to empty the bags of whatever my looter has looted. Not sure how many hours it took, but I don't gotta be there for it. I do have 6 accounts tied up doing the Tear camp, so theres that, but I got 7 other accounts to play EQ with if I want, but usually I just do this camp when I sleep anyway.

anyone know a good zone where not anyone will go to really so i can afk camp these for days lol?

anyone know a good zone where not anyone will go to really so i can afk camp these for days lol?

few places to try

1. shards landing ( arena area )
2. Erillion, City of Bronze

I've been doing the arena but I'm to nervous to let it run for hours afk.

I've been doing the arena but I'm to nervous to let it run for hours afk.

about 90% on my server DON'T GO TO CITY OF BRONZE, not sure on your server. Give it a try, then make a decision weather to go AFK there or not.

can try pillars

I'll give bronze a try. To many people go to pillars to do the task.