Very Small Stone Tear

Copperhead

Reaction score
Is there a place to AFK/XP level this anywhere?

Anywhere in VoA

Anywhere in VoA that you can kill AFK. There is no easy way to do it.

What kind of mob will raise it?

Is it only Alarian model mobs or will any mobs do it?

It will be extremely slow since the most you will get is 3 mobs to kill every 18 mins or so, but you could try the buildings on the top level of Argath, where all the spell merchants are. Noone will bother you there, some of the buildings have second floor with Alaran up there, that might be your safest bet.

the question seems alot less about lvling up the tear and actually AFKing

if you have a good AFK program go find alarans and start

your welcome

It doesnt matter what mobs you kill, just matters that they are on Alaris.

What kind of mob will raise it?

Is it only Alarian model mobs or will any mobs do it?
This items will evolve only by killing Alaran people, which excludes all animals, elementals, pig-men, original Norrathian races. Tear must be worn to evolve, like any evolving items.
The only alternative is use the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History which grants 10% on tears (capped to 100%), at least up to level 6. It is gained by succeeded the optional part of partisan task in Pillars of Alra.
The bonus is more linked to the max allowed than the %. A lot of people are 300+ on defense skill, meaning a bonus of 3 points per %, but you will always be capped by the max in parenthesis. For example, at level 2, the Tear will only grants 1 points instead of 3 ; you got 2 points at level 4 and 3 point at level 6. And more ironical, when you hit level 7 (2% bonus), you get 0 upgrade since still capped at 3 point, compare to the the 6 points corresponding to 2% of 300.
So progression on Tear is more accorded to the max allowed, which may be far from the annouced % (at level 20 10 points against 15) :
Level 1 = 0 point
Level 2-3 = 1 point -> 0.3% against 1%
Level 4-5 = 2 points -> 0.6% against 1%
Level 6-7 = 3 points -> 1% against 2%
Level 8-9 = 4 points -> 1.3% against 2%
Level 10-11 = 5 points -> 1.6% against 2%
Level 12-13 = 6 points -> 2% against 3%
Level 14-15 = 7 points -> 2.3%
Level 16-17 = 8 points -> 2.6%
Level 18-19 = 9 points -> 3%
Level 20 = 10 points -> 3.3% against 5%
The evolving of this item is already a pain, SOE may at least have not provided foolish information.

notes : As I am writing this post stats for level 14 to 19 are logical estimations

seen this from 1/22/2014 patch notes: - The Tears of Alaris can now be converted to and from augment form.

My Q: how

Last edited:
There are quite a few threads out there how useless this item is once you max it. Suggest visiting the soe boards and seeing the calculations someone posted regarding it I don't have the link off hand, but it should be searchable.

If it didn't have a cap on the bonus, it might actually be useful.

There are quite a few threads out there how useless this item is once you max it. Suggest visiting the soe boards and seeing the calculations someone posted regarding it I don't have the link off hand, but it should be searchable.

If it didn't have a cap on the bonus, it might actually be useful.

Every little bit helps. Besides, what other item can you put into your ammo slot and get actual character stats from?

Edit: It also gives people who are max xp/aa something to level up and do much like the Burden of Truth.

Last edited:
Edit: It also gives people who are max xp/aa something to level up and do much like the Burden of Truth.

So is that the actual idea behind the Burden of Truth? Just to give people something to do? Or is there a reason to have a negative stat aug for like an event or something?

So is that the actual idea behind the Burden of Truth? Just to give people something to do? Or is there a reason to have a negative stat aug for like an event or something?

Why???

Burden of Truth
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
Evolving: Level 20/20
Slot: HEAD
AC: -30
STR: -40 DEX: -40 STA: -40 CHA: -40 WIS: -40 INT: -40 AGI: -40 HP: -14500 MANA: -17000 ENDUR: -17000
SV FIRE: -127 SV DISEASE: -127 SV COLD: -127 SV MAGIC: -127 SV POISON: -127
Combat Effects: -10 Accuracy: -20 Attack: -20 HP Regen -6 Mana Regeneration: -6 Clairvoyance: -68 Spell Damage: -55 Heal Amount: -55
Required level of 95.
WT: 3.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Almost no details on burden of truth. How is it evolved ? 3700 hp/mana gear looks like it has something to do with wining raid content.

its a raid drop item and when you max it you get a claim window for the helm so I hear

Has anyone tried to transfer item XP with the machine in Corathus Creep? I don't have one of these and not likely to get one, so just curious. I'd sacrifice all my other levelled items, at least old ones I am not using, if it can be transferred.

SL2 is a decent spot, kill,kill,kill mobs respawn repeat