Uqua Raid... any tips?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Seeking advice.... I want to six-box Raid Expedition: Uqua, the Ocean God Chantry to have a shot at Diamond-Tipped War Javelin for one of my alts.

I've been able to six-box all of Anguish with no problem, except for the final boss, which I haven't tried yet.

It kinda looks to me that I should be able to just plow through this raid, ignoring most of the scripted strategies, except for the damn keys needed to unlock the two rooms with the poison gas. My tank has close to 90k HPs and over 8000ac buffed. Not super-uber but hopefully buff enuff for Gates of Discord.

Or should I exercise any degree of caution?

Also, has anyone seen this item drop in recent times? I heard one rumor it's been made exceedingly rare. The boss and one other named in the zone supposedly can drop it, and the boss drops at least 3 items from his loot table so I'm hoping maybe 3-4 runs is almost a guarantee I will see it.

Any help mucho appreciated!

You might have issues if you do not kill the two side guys near the same rate. Not sure how that scales with being like 95+. Besides that you really should not have to much issue if you can mez some of the crap

youd try to get this for the no lvl required?

pvp server or something?

the entire raid is faceroll now.

you don't have to balance enraged and furious. i mean, if you want to, for nostalgia value, go ahead, but you'll barely notice if you don't.

watch your dps on barxt. i've borked the script multiple times because i just burned him down.

the entire raid is faceroll now.

you don't have to balance enraged and furious. i mean, if you want to, for nostalgia value, go ahead, but you'll barely notice if you don't.

watch your dps on barxt. i've borked the script multiple times because i just burned him down.

that is nice to know, that used to be annoying as hell.

Pretty much anything Omens and back is lolable and no lvl 95 can die to any of it if well geared/AAed.

Sweet! I shall give it a shot and report back. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I hear the same. I was toying with the idea of doing them all just for laughs. But I do think the raid you mention required a simultaneous /say to 4 different NPCs and the script requires 4 toons to be in proximity of each NPC at the same time. That's 16 toons right there. Would be tough to box unless you're capable of playing 3 groups at once. No doubt some players here can and do but there are probably better raids to tackle with that much firepower!

Last edited:
Has someone really done this with a six-man raid force? I tried this mission last week and found with just 6 I never got the emotes in the gas rooms. So I just tried all the keys to no avail. The zone-wide aoe is trivial so there's no danger of dying in that room. I assume you click the key on the door, or hit U while holding the key? The first would just drop the key on the floor. U did nothing but I did get a message saying I need a lot more friends to move the door, implying my raid force was too small. There's also a message that I've never seen posted anywhere saying you need to be on the side of the door. Maybe this is a "hint" that you have to get a key from the table? /shrug

In short, none of my toons ever got an emote and I had emotes turned on. I'm guessing even though we were in raid form, our 6-man raid group did not meet the minimum requirements for the script. I might try again with someone running a second group, on the hope that 12 players makes up a sufficient raid force. UNLESS SOMEONE CAN CONFIRM A 6-MAN RAID CUTS IT and I was just messing up somehow else.

The illusion thingy got me through the door anyway. But maybe this borks the script later?

PS: Most of the trash appears to be unmezzable, even with a 95 chanter's highest mezzes. This is ultimately irrelevant since the mobs hit so weakly. 6 mobs attacking my wizard and he never dropped below 60%. Many do summon.

Plowing thru the trash is indeed trivial. I killed the left-side twin easily. The right-side twin was tougher as predicted, because of not killing the two of them at the same time. He does cast some kind of drunkedness effect which depletes mana and makes movement, holding aggro and spellcasting much more difficult. This just meant instead of casting one aoe heal every minute or so I just had single-target heal the main tank every 45 seconds or so. Fight is considerably longer than the other twin.

At the end all my toons were badly drunk which is really annoying. Between this and not finding either of the orb ground spawns, I got annoyed and frustrated. Now I realize the drunkedness is an effect which goes away in time like all drunkedness. But not having either orb says to me that the script got borked some way? Since you need to turn in the orbs to continue the script I figured I was royally screwed and ported out.

Assuming the lockout timer isn't too long I might try again, this time with a more crowded raid force. With 12 toons it should take about 10 minutes to clear every mob in the zone up to the two bosses I care about, assuming we can get the script to work right.

A faster way to do this MIGHT be to spring ALL the traps and bring all the mobs to one spot for aoe treatment, assuming sufficient aoe dd firepower. That would at least put an element of challenge in the encounter since they hit hard enough that a large number of them all gathered together might actually require paying attention to the fight. I also have no idea if they're stunnable since I never tried.The puller would have to drop all DS and not be riposting due to the summoners...

Last edited:
Gas Chamber

Lol i remember that if you illusion gnome yourself you get the correct emote everytime, it was a glitch that a lot of high tier guilds at the time did to bypass the wrong emotes, once you know the key it resets in less then 20 secs and will re-emote, when i did the chamber last i had only 8 or 10 people in the chamber all in teamspeak to get the emote but that was years ago. these types of raids required a step by step check list to complete the next step, cannot skip steps or the raid you get stuck, so yes illusioning thru the door borked your expedition. If i remember right the right key doesnt show up as a typical emote message either because the emote system came out after that expansion, my raiders had a hard time doing this part because of that issue.
Cursecallers arent part of this expedition, they are from Inktu 'ta raid.