Updating Account Country/Currency Information

Excellent1

Reaction score
I've done a few quick searches and haven't come up with anything, but I'm looking for info related to the title--how to go about changing this information. Purchased an account recently and now that billing has run out on the old sub, I can enter my information, but not use it as a valid payment option due to the currency / country difference.

If anyone has any insight into this, I'd be very grateful for it. Thanks.

Try changing the zip code on the account info page. That worked for me when I had a problem.

Gotta call sony or use game cards

If I call them, what's the best way of getting this done without raising the wrong kind of attention to the account? Or do they just not ask a lot of questions?

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

Tell them you were in the military stationed in europe and now you're back home in the US and need to change the currency on the account.

i just did a petition and gave them the current information and told them i moved to the U.S. and gave SQ answer and CC#

I did it through email support. They asked for a bunch of info like original b-day on account and account keys etc. I had everything but account keys and it went smoothly. Didnt even give them a reason to be honest. Good luck.

I had the same experience as Scarface in changing the currency/country code for a recent account purchase. I didn't have the original CD key, but had everything else and they made the change no problem. It took a few days, but my request fell over the weekend so that may be why. I said something lame like I'm moving countries and using my bosses credit card to pay for my account. IMO, as long as you have "enough" information, they don't care.

Thank you all for the replies. Working now on getting this taken care of. I've little doubt I'll have it sorted in short order.

Thanks again. :)