Unselected clients.

Barnal2040

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I have a question. I was hoping someone here might be able to answer it for me. When I have multiple clients running, my macros/scripts work perfectly on the active/selected client.

The clients running in the background almost seem as if they aren't using enough resources. Responses are delayed. This has killed me several times as my healers are on these background clients. If I rotate to that client it will catch up and begin doing it's job.

Is there some way to allocate more resources to my background clients to prevent this issue. I am running Windows 8 as of recently. Prior to running a windows 8 machine, I never had any of these above stated issues. Has anyone had similar issues that can share a possible fix?

Thank you in Advance,

Barnal2040

Last edited:
I have a question. I was hoping someone here might be able to answer it for me. When I have multiple clients running, my macros/scripts work perfectly on the active/selected client.

The clients running in the background almost seem as if they aren't using enough resources. Responses are delayed. This has killed me several times as my healers are on these background clients. If I rotate to that client it will catch up and begin doing it's job.

Is there some way to allocate more resources to my background clients to prevent this issue. I am running Windows 8 as of recently. Prior to running a windows 8 machine, I never had any of these above stated issues. Has anyone had similar issues that can share a possible fix?

Thank you in Advance,

Barnal2040

Try unloading MQ2FPS if you have that plugin loaded, that can slow down windows not at front.

In the EQ client Options -> Display -> Advanced

#1 Max Frames Per Second
#2 Max Background FPS

You also have MQ2FPS [ MQ2FPS - MMOBugs Wiki ] which allows you to further tweak how fast each client runs.

One of the primary advantages of MQ2FPS is the option skip the rendering for a background client. This can make a huge difference in places where your machine struggles like the lobby or in areas with fog/particles.

I have my MQ2FPS setup to only draw ONE frame every 30 frames for clients in the background.

Here is my MQ2FPS.INI
[MQ2FPS]
ForegroundMaxFPS=45
BackgroundMaxFPS=45
Indicator=1
Mode=1
[Rendering]
XBGRate=30
XReverseBGRate=0
XFGRate=1
XReverseFGRate=0
BGRate=60
ReverseBGRate=0

Thank you both. I will give these a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I am a pretty lazy person, given how long I have used MQ2 for... I only started to use MQ2FPS with the frame rendering limited I notice a nice boost in background performance when running many bots on macros.

Frame limits I didn't really mess with, figure actually limiting the frame might decrease performance like mentioned above

I am a pretty lazy person, given how long I have used MQ2 for... I only started to use MQ2FPS with the frame rendering limited I notice a nice boost in background performance when running many bots on macros.

Frame limits I didn't really mess with, figure actually limiting the frame might decrease performance like mentioned above

I have the same issue when /bot on or /mac bot with all my 6 toons, the MT always has more lag than other toons. Can you share the frame rendering setting?

Thanks,
HL