Unknown secret question

Blujahz

Your spell fizzled!
Reaction score
I have 6 accounts, 5 of which I leveled up myself. My 6th account I got from a guildmate of mine who left the game c. 2003-4. When she left, I got her account info and switched the billing info to my credit card. I have been paying for the account ever since (using her original login info).

I tried to sign up for Beta recently and it won't let me enter/verify the email address on the account without entering the answer to the secret question, which I don't know. I've tried contacting the original owner, but have been unsuccessful.

My question is regarding how easy/hard it is to get the answer to the SQ for this account. I don't want to risk getting the account banned because I'm not the original owner, but if someone who has been legitimately paying for the account for 6+ years would have an easy time getting this fixed, I'd be up for it.

Any advice on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

I'd be curious about this myself. Have an account in similar situation, with an unguessable secret question.

In my case, the secret question is What is your favorite book or movie?

Good luck "guessing" that one.

Favorite Book

That one is tough but not as bad as mother's maiden name or father's middle name. As far as I know Sony will never lock you out so there is no harm in trying a few hundred times. Beyond that you will have to gather up as much as you can and call in but I am guessing that will not end well. I doubt they would ban the account for calling in without it, but they are unlikely to release the or change the sqa info unless you have cd keys, original credit cards, or something else compelling.

Harry Potter, or any NY Times Best Sellers for the past decade.

that would be pretty tough i think. this week alone, there are 35 books on the list that are just in the hardcover fiction category. Would be 1000's of books there.

I was able to reset a SQ on an account by proving enough info.

I had CC info, email address first used, as well as the name account was opened in

I get creative in my explanations. My favorite is "My kid did it" In this case, they'd have been the one typed in the SQ and doesn't remember what they answered

Gather any and all information you have. The more the better. And make a plausible reason why you don't know the SQ. If you can demonstrate a history on the account they may help you

I usually pick some random question...than the answer has nothing to do with the questions. There's been times when i've bought an account, and while checking out the support tickets ( Which i always do before the sale is final ) and people leave their sq info on support tickets.