Triple SC!!

EQuser

Reaction score
Today is Triple SC!!

*Valid from 12:00AM PDT 4/28/2012 through 12:00AM PDT 4/29/2012. Excludes purchases of SC made by SMS.

Wow, they are really trying to engender interest. I am worried there is less revenue coming in to them than I originally realized.

Damnit I just purchased 5 cards from amazon in preperation of this happening. But they won't get here in time :(

Can you use SC to pay for a sub? Also, can you buy SC if your not a gold member?

This would have to happen at a point in time that I can't afford to buy any x.x

I am in shock! Can't believe they ran this deal so soon. Time to horde out the local Walmart!

Will have to cancel all my reoccuring subs soon, if they keep this up. They must really be loosing money since f2p.

Last edited:
awesome but...

this is aweosme , this is exactly what i was hoping for and they came through, year subs for 30 dollars,, only thing im worried about is,,, are they trying to get every penny they can before they close up shop? otherwise this seems a bit too good to be true, im afraid they shot themselves in the foot with the f2p thing, since not only me but im sure many others were perfectly fine rockin unaugged t2 voa gear on silver status.. i just hope they are gettign enough money to stay afloat and there not trying to drain every drop of blood they can before they close up shop and move on to somethign else.

otherwise 30 dollars for a year via walmart sc cards is soo sweet, im mega stoked about this, i can start gettign aas on all my toons again instead of just my favorite ones.

I dunno, but all I get when I try to redeem a card is:

Code:
We have encountered a system error while processing your request.
Please try again later.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you continue to encounter this error, please contact Customer Service at [URL]http://support.station.sony.com[/URL]

htw

I just redeemed a stack of Walmart cards with no issue, so the process should be working.

Code:
Please try again later.
If you continue to encounter this error, please contact Customer Service at [URL]http://support.station.sony.com[/URL]

htw
You sure you didn't get one of the 3K non activated cards that weren't really stolen from WalMart? :p

Seriously tho - likely just an input error or server overload at the time?

Ditto, just purchased and redeemed 12 cards for 6k each :)

ha ha

They are making a KILLING off of you guys lol.

Code:
Please try again later.

htw

I ran into a similar problem after redeeming a couple of dozen on various accounts. Seeing your post was actually somewhat reassuring as I was concerned that for some reason they'd block an IP that was redeeming a bunch of cards. Would be a dumb thing to do since this is all extra business and there's no way to scam off of this. Anyone redeeming cards had to pay for them.

I was redeeming them fast for various accounts so I may have mixed up one I used with the stack I'm still trying to redeem. I would hope their website would simply tell you if you're trying to redeem a previously used card rather than treat it as some kind of "offense." Never know though with Sony.

I'm going to try again in an hour or two. I hope this problem doesn't persist past midnight cuz then I'm sure it's going to be a hassle to get the triple (actually quadruple) credit even if it's their fault.

Wish that we had a Walmart here, I just upgraded 3 accounts to gold for 12mths and VOA expansion. Had to use Paypal.

Here is the error i am getting.

It appears that the Activation Code you entered may not be applied to this account due to its current status. For more information, please submit an incident to our Account Support department at www.soe.com/support.

4 very important thing are happening here:

1. Silver accounts are going Gold so they are generating revenue.

2. They are boosting short term sells with all the gold members paying to upgrade. This looks good if sales are high as they need investments to pursue new development. They sell more stock whens sells go up.

3. They are leaving the mech guardian in game because, people lvl to 90 real fast, go gold, and lvl up to 95. Why else would they leave it in, knowing it's being beat to death. Again + sells.

4. They have said they are developing a new expansion. The more people play, the more buy expansions. Boosting member count right before a new xpac is always good. I guarantee they offset the loss in monthly revenue with a great package deal on a deluxe xpac $89.99 or more. 10-20% of the sub will buy the upgrades.