Reaction score
Just wondering what the long term of a group like this would be for lvls 80-85:

Bard
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Merc Cleric

This a viable group for 80-85 range or will it get raped on nameds and the tougher content?

I really want to do 4 Wizzies... so maybe not a Bard for puller/tank.. maybe another clas will work better?

Last edited:
Seems to me you will have aggro problems

With 4 wizards and a bard you will be ping ponging aggro between the wizards since the bard has no way to keep the mobs attention. Unless the wizards are pretty beefy you will wipe on names in SoD. Personally, I would recommend dropping a wizard or maybe the bard for a plate tank with AE aggro. The increased dps from the bard's songs might mean it is more effective to drop one of the wizards but you will have to parse that to know for sure. I can tell you as someone who plays a high end bard, you have NO CHANCE of keeping the mobs off the wizards if they are critting. And your merc will never keep all of the wizards healed. It will even be challenging with a solid tank, but much easier than with a bard plus you can disc much more often with a warrior than with a bard (deftdance refresh is annoyingly long).

Last edited:
1 tank 1 healer 4 anything you have 1 misc 1 healer 4 dps.

1 bard 2 mages 2 wizzies 1 merc would do fine stay high dps with 2 tanks

SK / Wiz / Wiz / Wiz / Wiz / Cleric

or

Sk/ Wiz / Wiz / Wiz / enchanter to help out the wizards for the aura!!!! / cleric

A bard, a mage, and 2 T5 cleric mercs can duo just about anything in SoD. Adding 2 more DPS will just make it quicker.

Yea, good points on the 4 Wizzies.

I am actually thinking 5 Mages and a 6th (prolly a Bard). I could bring in a Merc Cleric strictly for buffs and like really hard fights..... but I would assume with 5 Mage pets the Mages themselves could keep them alive with their heal spells. I just feel the bard would be best for that group... or maybe a Shaman or a Chanter. hmm not sure. Or maybe 4 Mages, Merc Cleric and a WHATEVER.

sigh, decisions

Last edited:
4 mages + clr merc + bard would be pretty sick, can take any groupable content imo

I'm not so sure even a player run tank spamming hate shit could keep agro off 4 wiz if they critting with any sort of frequency... and as they say dead dps does no dps...

Wiz are great burst but really dont offer much else... you would be better off going with the 4 mages you mention in later post running Dev's bot and bard with merc healer... 81 air pet with Void E focus is actually lvl 83 and only slightly lower in power vs the BB raid focus... with the kind of dps mages put out at that lvl range plus having 4 of their pets chaining stuns with bard songs for increased spell dmg, over haste for pets, DS, and hp/mana regen you really would be pretty bad ass... specially with bard pulling since he should be able to single everything or lock down shit if you intentionally pull multiples... if you really wanted you could always replace one or two mages with wiz... but really i wouldnt suggest more than 1... mages really are that nice... specially when you add their pets together.

Last edited:
I used to do 1 paladin (tank) out of group with a merc healer.
1 bard (puller)
4 mages (dps)
and 1 merc healer in this group

Worked wonders for anything we went at, 4 air pets chain stunning, paladin chain stunning, and a bard chain pulling was fun times.