Thinking about coming back, have questions.

seductive_words

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about coming back and was wondering if monks are still worth playing. I was browsing through the HoT beta information and it seems monks for the most part got jack shit. I also have a druid, and in the past druids got hosed like no other but got some good upgrades this expansion. The question is have druids gained enough ground or should I stick with the monk?

Seems to me every class got "good upgrades" this expansion, depending on what you're starting with. I mean the vendor armor with 1500/1500 hp/mana are all-all and there are quest armor drops for every class.

I grouped with a 90 monk just the other day and he seemed to be doing fine!

What more do bards want, LOL? They can do basically everything. It's inevitable their dps won't be the best in game.

Ultimately, they're a support class that can do everything "OK" and, to top it off, can solo decently.

Bards want a niche or support songs that are somewhat meaningful. Every single ability with the exception of overhaste (and even that is gimped with 16% overhaste clickies) is duplicated in a more effective way by other classes. Sure, you can say "jack of all trades, master of none" but when you were 65% of warrior dps from day 1 of EQ and we're now more like 35%, there's an issue.

yeah bards actually we're dps back in sod... Sheesh grouped with a 85 bard who boxed a 85 monk or cleric, he ransacked toskirakk and the guardian lol

On my raid force, Monk class leader is #2 maxed aa ranger is #1 necros take up 3 and 4 and I'm #5 so, not to bad. We have maybe 2 berserkers and 4 rogues. They parse behind us =p