Thinking About Coming Back after 12 years

twizzops

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So I was considering coming back and playing casually after 12 years away. My children are 10 and 8 and have expressed interest in playing with me. They were the original reasons I left, including my new marriage at the time.

I logged into my old accounts and all of my characters are missing. I opened up tickets with Daybreak, but should I just assume that my characters are gone forever? If so, is there any point is starting all over again because at the time, all of my characters are max level (85) and max AA with all epics 1, 2, 2.5, high end raid gear etc.

I understand that most equipment is probably no useful any longer, but starting from 85 seemed better than 1. Also some equipment is better than naked...

Last edited:
you checking the correct server? might have been sold off if someone had your account. you can get a heroic character for $35 or whatever that is level 85, has gear, plat, and some AAs i think.

OK I have my characters back. Does MQ2 still work with EQ? I see there's a 24-Dec-19 release so I assume so as long as I'm not on one of the Truebox servers.

I 6 characters all on separate accounts:

War
Cleric
Shaman
Ranger
Bard
Zerker

They are all 86... around 4500 AAs (most characters) and at the time, top level raid equipment (Warrior). What macros should I start messing with. All recommendations appreciated.

I figure I'll use the bard for pulling and CC manually and let the rest kind of do their thing.

Also for running multiple sessions of EQ, should I use the standard Everquest program or is there something else that works better for running EQ for multiple sessions. My current computer is very up to date and "should" have no problems with the 6 instances.

Last edited:
Just use the MQ2Bot plugin.. It' handles them all.
Set your roles, set your xtarget and start playing.

Welcome back! I just got back I to the game as well after about the same time frame lol!

Do you guys recommend using IsBoxer or WinEQ for running multiple instances on the same PC or is there a better program?

Do you guys recommend using IsBoxer or WinEQ for running multiple instances on the same PC or is there a better program?

I've always use IsBoxer with innerspace and never had any problems. It's also what I am going to be using this time as well

Mq2eqwire really helps with CPU resources. It is a great plugin that I would recommend using.